Demarcus Cousins Watch

The scenarios in question were hitting the lottery vs. not hitting the lottery. If we finish 12th, hitting the lottery is very very very very good because we would get the Sixers' pick (or possibly keep our own if the Sixers hit too) instead of sending our pick to Chicago. So my statement holds. Given a particular set of lotto balls, the worst outcome of the Kings hitting the lottery is never worse than not hitting the lottery. That's what I meant in my "worst case scenario" comment.
If we finish with a better record than the sixers, it's always going to be in our best interest to win one of the first three picks, regardless of what happens with the pick swap. It seems like a lot of people are more concerned with the Kings/Vlade being "embarrassed" by having to "lose" in the pick swap than recognizing the fact that it will still likely result in a higher draft spot. Yes, it would be frustrating to jump from say the 8th spot to first, only to have to swap with the sixers, but I'd still rather be higher than 8th.

If we finish with a better record than the sixers, it's always going to be in our best interest to win one of the first three picks, regardless of what happens with the pick swap. It seems like a lot of people are more concerned with the Kings/Vlade being "embarrassed" by having to "lose" in the pick swap than recognizing the fact that it will still likely result in a higher draft spot. Yes, it would be frustrating to jump from say the 8th spot to first, only to have to swap with the sixers, but I'd still rather be higher than 8th.
way too clear headed and logical for kf.com

ESPN just rated the best players by value in the NBA. Sadly no Kings on the list. Demarcus did wind up in the top 15, however. Great player on a great contract.