Dave Joerger...rumors and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Mutual interest!

By jove, let's do it!

I'd say it's time to move on from Vogel. Either he didn't want to come here (likely), or our glorious goblin didn't want someone so deficient on the offensive side, despite his awesome record (less likely, but well within the realm of possibility)..... otherwise we woulda heard a peep. Vlade is bringing in Henry Bibby of all people, I'm sure he at least reached out to Vogel...

....anyways. ..

Moving fast on Joerger.... I likeit. He'd be pretty great with Cuz here.

Man all I see is exuberance from the Kings side - but that aside, isn't a big huge red flag flapping in the breeze that he has bitched about his pay and his personnel - ragged on the front office publicly and continuously - until they finally heard enough and booted the guy?

Why don't we think he will constantly ***** about his pay and his personnel and his owner etc here??

Seems a modicum of caution is in order after the last hyped up emotional coaching hire we made

Guys it looks like it'd happening, anybody have the breakdown on this guy? I know the type of ball the Grizz play but what is his philosophy?

Man all I see is exuberance from the Kings side - but that aside, isn't a big huge red flag flapping in the breeze that he has bitched about his pay and his personnel - ragged on the front office publicly and continuously - until they finally heard enough and booted the guy?

Why don't we think he will constantly ***** about his pay and his personnel and his owner etc here??

Seems a modicum of caution is in order after the last hyped up emotional coaching hire we made
I like the idea of having a little restraint as well, I know nothing about him.

According to Grizzliesonline.com forum this is the second time in 3 years joerger has seeked permission from the griz to talk with other teams about vacancies.

If the Joerger buzz is as heavy as it seems - maybe this one should get its own thread or have the title of this one revised so it is clearly the one-and-only "coaching prospects" thread? Sounds like this rumor might take up some space

gunks

Hall of Famer
The more I read up on the situation, the more potential for drama I see down the line. ..

Which is why I'd still prefer Blatt or Vogel, but Joerger can definitely coach!

On the other hand, if my quick sojourn into the forums of realgm is any indication, Grizz fans are pissed! A lot of them see where Joerger was coming from, as the owner is supposedly a cheapskate and the GM hasn't been doing him any favors with an aging roster.

One thing to love: Joerger sure as hell isn't going to have Cuz running around jacking 3s!

If we want someone bad, we have such a bad reputation we're really gonna have to overpay for whoever it is.
Whatever drama comes with our next coach, I think the fans better realize that we'll be stuck with said drama for years to come because we cannot afford to get rid of this next coach like our last 5 have been dispatched.

It looks like Dave Joerger became the front runner of this contest. There was a rumor around the All Star break that Joerger's firing was imminent. I guess there were serious issues between the FO and Joerger for a longer period of time.

All valid concerns, but if he can coach (and from what I've seen he certainly can) I don't really care about the drama that comes with it- we'll have plenty of drama with or without him.

And to be honest, dude is making 2 million a year right now- if someone would have offered you to triple your salary on a long term guaranteed contract- wouldn't you ***** your way out of the job to get it?

The more I read the more I like Joerger..

Houston is in the mix so if the Kings really like this guy we need to go at him hard and fast. Get this done already! If you want someone, GET HIM.
I think the Kings favor Joerger and the Rockets favor Vogel. Therefore, we are in the lead for Dave.

All valid concerns, but if he can coach (and from what I've seen he certainly can) I don't really care about the drama that comes with it- we'll have plenty of drama with or without him.

And to be honest, dude is making 2 million a year right now- if someone would have offered you to triple your salary on a long term guaranteed contract- wouldn't you ***** your way out of the job to get it?
Yeah his low salary cannot be overlooked. Calipari makes 3x his salary and coaches in college.

The Marc Spears tweet has me excited. Someone can post it here but the information essentially states that Joerger sought permission to interview with the Kings and not the other way around. But when the Kings saw his interest it became Mutual.

It seems as if he sees Boogie and money and wants them both, lol. I have zero issue.

The Marc Spears tweet has me excited. Someone can post it here but the information essentially states that Joerger sought permission to interview with the Kings and not the other way around. But when the Kings saw his interest it became Mutual.

It seems as if he sees Boogie and money and wants them both, lol. I have zero issue.
Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN 49m49 minutes ago
Dave Joerger recently asked for permission to interview for Kings coach opening, source told @TheUndefeated. Kings didn't seek permission.

Also interesting:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 56m56 minutes ago
Memphis plans to pursue Frank Vogel, league sources tell @TheVertical. Grizzlies willing to pay market value for top available candidates.

the Kings weren't willing to give up a draft pick to pursue a coaching candidate. I would guess that's the reason the interest was coming from joerger.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN 49m49 minutes ago
Dave Joerger recently asked for permission to interview for Kings coach opening, source told @TheUndefeated. Kings didn't seek permission.

Also interesting:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 56m56 minutes ago
Memphis plans to pursue Frank Vogel, league sources tell @TheVertical. Grizzlies willing to pay market value for top available candidates.
I wonder if there was some type of conversation thru reps during the last month or so because it sure looks as though Vlade was going the slow deliberate route while this Memphis thing sorted itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.