Danilo Gallinari?!?!

According to ESPN Denver might want to flip Gallinari and Felton on to another team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_6146336

...the Nuggets are not expected to keep Gallinari once their three-team trade is completed...

Would be have any interest in either for a reasonable trade price?!

I do recall us having interest in Gallinari during the draft a while back. He is by no means perfect. Nice size for a SF but not a great rebounder or defender however would bring some much needed long range shooting.

Thoughts?

I've wanted Felton on The Kings for a long time. He was the main guy I thought they should have pursued in Free Agency. I would love a trade that brings Felton to The Kings and I'd be OK with anything short of involving Evans or Cousins to get it done.

A straight up trade for Beno would be cap neutral or near enough i've no idea about the money because nothing is updated online to reflect the melo trade.

Wow - Gallinari is only shooting 41% overall and 35% from the 3. And in that type of offense? I don't see why he'd be any meaningful improvement over Casspi.

Felton is small and can't shoot the 3. Not exactly ideal.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
a) we like Beno and he fits well. b) if you are trading for Felton you are very likely trading for Charlotte's Felton, not the chuck and duck's inflated Felton -- its no different than trading for a Nellie ball player. You have to translate the numbers. He's ball dominant, which doesn't work, and has a shaky shot, which doesn't work. He can at least defend, although only PGs whihc reduces your flexibility, but if you bring somebody in to play next to Reke it is they, at least as much as Reke, who needs to be able to play off the ball. There is no scenario short of Chris Paul where you bring in a PG and he get's to handle the ball 75% of the time next to Reke.

Gallinari chucks up a ton of shots in the chuck and duck, but his 3pt percentage has been heading the wrong way -- from 44 to 38 now to 35 -- rather than blossoming into an annual 40+% shooter. There is clearly a theory there with him as a shooter to complement Reke/Cousins, but he's got the classic "Euro shooter" softness at the other stuff, and would need to considerably up his efficiency for us to feel like we came out with any huge upgrade over OMri (who shoots 37% from three BTW).

Last edited:
If the Nuggs are going to get rid of Gallo we might as well try and grab everyones favorite roleplayer Affalo while they are at it. I think dangling a swap of 1st round picks, one of our expirings and a choice between Omri or Donte just might get the GM to take a look at the deal. We might as well try and help our situation amid all this insanity.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If the Nuggs are going to get rid of Gallo we might as well try and grab everyones favorite roleplayer Affalo while they are at it. I think dangling a swap of 1st round picks, one of our expirings and a choice between Omri or Donte just might get the GM to take a look at the deal. We might as well try and help our situation amid all this insanity.
Somehow I don't think swapping out a potential Top 5 pick is a way to help our situation. At least not unless its for a star caliber player. Put it this way, out last two Top 5 pciks were #4 and #5 and they netted us Reke/Cousins.

Somehow I don't think swapping out a potential Top 5 pick is a way to help our situation. At least not unless its for a star caliber player. Put it this way, out last two Top 5 pciks were #4 and #5 and they netted us Reke/Cousins.
Yeah maybe your right I do like the thought of snagging Derrick Williams...

We definately gotta find a way to get some shooters out there I really wish I knew GP's plans on fixing our biggest weakness.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd love Gallo on this team, he can shoot the ball and well too. I just don't see the Kings making any moves though with everything going on, they have more important issues to attend at this time.

Ive been reading online various espn guys are reporting Nuggs are gonna keep Gallo after all, makes sense they should wanna see if they can stay in the West race. If Nene steps up and makes this his team maybe they can...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The only way I would want Felton is if Stoudemire comes with him, since about half of his assists per game are to Stoudemire. The dude can't shoot from the outside. Gallo is no great shakes. Casspi has a higher 3 pt percentage than Gallo. And I might add, that if you don't like Casspi's defense, your really not going to like Gallo's. If I could get Gallo cheap for future potential, then yes, I'd go for him. But I'm not giving up a top five pick where we could get a player thats better than Gallo. It would frost me to no end if we traded that pick and then I end up watching Kyle Irving play for the Nuggets.

The grass isn't always greener.