D'Angelo Russell for the #10?

If the Lakers are willing to trade D'Angelo straight up for the #10 pick, I think you have to do it. Especially if we draft a small forward in jacskon, Tatum or Issac at 5.

D'Angelo is only 21 years old and averaged almost 16 pts, 5 assists and 4 rebounds in only 28 minutes a game.

The chance s of getting a player that good at #10 is pretty slim. Talent wise, I think the kings should do it.

A lot of times, players with immense talents wake up and shapes up and improves after they are traded for the 1st time.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'd do the deal. He's an outstanding passer and has a good shooting touch. Definitely has things to learn, but so would any point guard we drafted at #5, including Fox. This is another case of overvaluing potential draftees you've never seen in an NBA uniform and undervaluing a guy you have seen play in the NBA whose warts have been shown.

“I don’t know if his work ethic has gotten any better. Some of the people I’ve talked to in the organization said that it hasn’t,” Scott said of Russell. “I just wish him all the best. The maturity level will catch up to him sooner or later when he realizes it’s an honor and a privilege to be in the NBA and be in the position that he’s in. He has to take full advantage of it.”
The lakers are trying to sell high behind the curtain of L. Ball and bamboozle a team into taking the snitch off their hands for a lottery ticket. I'm not worried though I think Vlade and Perry know that.

i aint helping the lakers take this kid even if he has his career ahead of him. His mindset is questionable. They are absolutely doing the right thing by trying to ship him out. That being said talent is talent and for the right price you'd have to consider it

I think if the Kings don't get Fox at 5, we should make the trade for #10 for D'Angelo Russell.

He has the all the talent in the world, he just needs to mature. I think getting traded will help him mature faster, than if he stayed with the Lakers.

Something about Russell, even though he is inconsistent, he is not afraid to take and make the big shots when you need them.

I think Coach Joeger can get him to mature faster and play some good team ball.

Last edited:
Ok. I know LA is trying to create cap space to sign some free agents, so what if we take Luol Deng's salary dump for the Lakers #28 for afflalo' expiring. That massive of a salary dump will usually demand a mid teen or low 20's pick, but we take a end of first rounder for it.

So, our #10 and Afflalo's expiring for D'angelo and Luol Deng and #28 pick.
thats a huge no on swallowing deng's load of a contract. portland might be willing to give up the 15 or 20 for afflalo so why go for table end scrap pick.

deng is at 18m/yr for another 3 years and he isn't going to be playing or any trade value. if we were to ship him out in a future trade we'd probably have to attach a young guy or pick to get someone to take him off our hands. NO. THANKS.

i aint helping the lakers take this kid even if he has his career ahead of him. His mindset is questionable. They are absolutely doing the right thing by trying to ship him out. That being said talent is talent and for the right price you'd have to consider it
i wouldn't give up a top 10 for this immature kid. he might not be good for locker room cohesion even if he has talent.

thats a huge no on swallowing deng's load of a contract. portland might be willing to give up the 15 or 20 for afflalo so why go for table end scrap pick.

deng is at 18m/yr for another 3 years and he isn't going to be playing or any trade value. if we were to ship him out in a future trade we'd probably have to attach a young guy or pick to get someone to take him off our hands. NO. THANKS.
Agreed.

I don't think the Lakers will need a salary dump anymore, they seem to want the #10 pretty bad, according to rumors.

I think if the Kings don't get Fox at 5, we should make the trade for #10 for D'Angelo Russell.

He has the all the talent in the world, he just needs to mature. I think getting traded will help him mature faster, than if he stayed with the Lakers.

Something about Russell, even though he is inconsistent, he is not afraid to take and make the big shots when you need them.

I think Coach Joeger can get him to mature faster and play some good team ball.
key phrase there.

Agreed.

I don't think the Lakers will need a salary dump anymore, they seem to want the #10 pretty bad, according to rumors.
so do you think they're in the drivers seat in negotiation? heres my problem player who wrecked morale in the locker room with his immaturity. he isn't trusted among his team mates. i'll take that 10 off your hands if you take this one off ours. who cares if he was picked 2nd. it doesn't matter after being in the league for 2 years.

so do you think they're in the drivers seat in negotiation? heres my problem player who wrecked morale in the locker room with his immaturity. he isn't trusted among his team mates. i'll take that 10 off your hands if you take this one off ours. who cares if he was picked 2nd. it doesn't matter after being in the league for 2 years.
You know, he owned up to screwing up in the Nick Young fiasco.

But talent is what counts in the NBA. And talent wise, it would be hard to get someone as productive as him at 10.

He starts off with a clean slate, if he comes to the Kings.

Picking at 10 is a crap shoot and Russell has proven to be a pretty good guard so far and he is only 21. He will mature and improve with age.

Giving this more thought I definitely don't want Russell. I liked him coming out but I wondered if he was a 1 or a 2. So far he loooks like a combo guard, and not in a good way. He's a good passer but doesn't run a team well and he struggles to guard either position.

#10 is a crapshoot. But I think taking Russell could be worse long term. He isn't a bust, but he's also not a star player and he's kind of stuck between positions. This is shades of Tyreke where the Kings will have to decide whether to overpay to keep a decent but not great player or let him walk for nothing.

the trade shows dlo's value. they needed someone to take on the bloated mozgov's contract also. looks like they might getting it right dumping stuff left and right.