Cuz status

True. We need to be able to win without Cuz.

I expect Rondo to continue his aggresiveness and Rudy to continue his strong start to the season.

We have a squad and if we want to make the playoffs we need to stay the course

What's up with the rash of achilles injuries lately? I remember when Dan Marino ruptured his back around 1993 and I had hardly heard of many of those types of injuries, however in recent years it seems to be occurring much more frequently.

Just within the past week or so it has happened to Arian Foster, Cameron Wake and Steve Smith. Luckily Boogie's isn't ruptured -- but it's still a concern.

And this is why I said Karl was building his base in the pre season when guys were complaining about why we weren't running it through Cuz in the post. I didn't expect it to be this early but it was always likely Cuz would be sidelined at some point. I still think the next two games are winnable even without Cuz. Memphis will be coming off a back to back and PHX is average imo.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I rarely campaign for this, but we have to turn the Mem game into a transition game. Have to be aggressive looking to push, beat their slow asses up and down. We aren't beating them in the halfcourt without Cuz.

And hope it's the game either Ben or Belli go off. One of them is due.

1-1 in the next two, I'm pleased.

K

KingMilz

Classic Kings luck, always the wrong guy hurt at the wrong time.

But I'm not willing to just concede these games the way I have been for years. The game against the Suns could be particularly important, as that is one of our rivals for those last playoff spots.
I'm not at all considering the Grizz will be on the 2nd game of a back to back and we got Kosta/WCS to match up with there frontline and the rest of them struggle to score and the Suns are also very beatable if Collison and Rondo can match Bled/Knight.

I'm fairly confident to pencil in the Ls personally but hey ho.
I'm not. This probably won't be the popular opinion but I think losing Rudy would be a bigger loss to the team as far as W's/L's go at this moment.

Cousins has Koufos, WCS and even Gay backing him up at the C or PF spots.

Gay has Casspi and Butler.

That's a huge drop off from Gay. At least Cousins has some really good defenders backing him up. You can get by with fairly one dimensional big men that play good defense but you can't really get by without a reliable mid range/outside scoring threat.

I think we'll be just fine for now.

Two games would be the minimum at this point. Achilles injuries are serious and it's an overuse injury. So if he doesn't get it right, it will keep creeping back through out the season. I still don't think Cuz can run as much as he is running. He is in good shape but he is still a very big guy. Karl will need to mix in more post up plays to limit the running, not just up and down. But Cuz is moving around in the half court at lot too. Maybe too much for a big man.

Honestly, I'm not worried about Cousins taking a couple of games off. I think we beat Phoenix without him. Memphis is a little iffier, but I think we can challenge.

We hung with the Clippers for a half without Cousins. At halftime the Kings were down four. They lost by five at the end. This team is deep and talented, its about time the league found out.

I'm not at all considering the Grizz will be on the 2nd game of a back to back and we got Kosta/WCS to match up with there frontline and the rest of them struggle to score and the Suns are also very beatable if Collison and Rondo can match Bled/Knight.

Much better than Hollins and JT eh?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I rarely campaign for this, but we have to turn the Mem game into a transition game. Have to be aggressive looking to push, beat their slow asses up and down. We aren't beating them in the halfcourt without Cuz.

And hope it's the game either Ben or Belli go off. One of them is due.

1-1 in the next two, I'm pleased.
Yep, I agree. Memphis doesn't like to run, but we have to play defense, rebound and then we'll be able to run. If we can beat the Grizz, then I'm hoping for 2 and 0. I don't think the Sun's are that good.

tired of this crap happening to us. so random

Im confident we can a couple games but i hope this wont be like his illness last year. Two games turning into 15

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so let's hope this doesn't linger into the season...let him rest for a few games and re-evaluate from there. Not to fear fans, next season the Kings will finally be off the Indian Burial that they've been playing on since 85'. That being said, they need to play fast without Boogie...besides Gay, there is no half court offense here.