Cuts

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
ReinadelosReys said:
Thanks for coming, keep working!

Wie, Bland and Fergueson
Thanks for the news, Reina. Those were 3 of my six "cut" picks. Now, I expect Blu, Minard, and Parada to go next.......then again, I could be wrong. ;)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Parada is around until they know when Otag can return then when he can contribute as he has missed most of training camp. Tonight at game he had a splint on not his cast. That means progress.

Evans played very well and may just have moved a notch above Blu. Blu has a contract but guess it is non-guaranteed. Blu is better shooter but Evans is much better defender and rebounder and ball handler. Evans got good minutes in second half.

As for cuts, listening to the off-air banter in the Skyline Lounge after the game, I would guess Ford is gone and Minard may be too as he iis not doing well even tho he too has a contract.

id love to keeep barnes cuz he's a really versatile player... and minard... i think he could be solid in the distant future...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Parada really doesn't belong on an NBA roster. Are you sure it won't be Ford kept for the cup of coffee?

Also share the interest in the fates of Blu and Minard. Both have been living almost purely off of whatever momentum they developed in during summer league. Based on camp, or at least the games (because they might look different in practice) I would think both are gone.

Thing is maybe there is a slight opening now with these first cuts:

1) both of the other PGs are gone now, and even though Minard does not appear to have any ability to play that position, it looks like if we keep a 3rd "PG" (or at least third short guy) it will be him.
2) Parada and Ford are really low skill players, although Ford has at least kicked around the league as a 12th man in spots. Could Blu's size let us keep him as a theoretical PF and 5th big man at least until Tag gets back? Could be the excuse the Kings need. We are a shooting-centirc franchise. And in theory Blu can shoot. Let me emphasize the word THEORY.

Oh.........Wei...........I think your PG skill has reached the NBA level......work on other things like shooting and you will be here........

there's always next year!!!

3 Players have been released

In the bee today, there is an article that states Adelman released free-agent guards Liu Wei and Tony Bland and center Anwar Ferguson.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Rockmeister said:
In the bee today, there is an article that states Adelman released free-agent guards Liu Wei and Tony Bland and center Anwar Ferguson.
Rock, there is a thread called "Cuts" that reported this last night after the game. Thanks for the reference to a Bee article though.

haha no..... Well if this is true I think they are going to sign a centre from the F/A's list, Bateer was recently waived he woulnd't be too bad of an option (300LBS).

Yah I didn't expect him to make it either, he just has to many flaws to his game, yah hes a big body and can rebound but what else can he do. He also had to guard Yao in 2 of those games so we shouldn't of really over-looked the kid on those games, he did very good in the Utah game when he pulled down 7 boards in 12 mins. Maybe next year Adam!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Note to Adam: While playing in the Mexican leage, develop a jumper, learn how to block shots, learn how to get and hold position and run. Run every day. Run rain or shine, and come cack next summer.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Note to Adam: thanks for bringing the effort. Unfortunately you sucked. :p

17 fouls in 59 minutes!!! That means he would have fouled out if you tried to paly him 20 minutes. Was beginning to scare me by hanging around -- had a chance to be the worst Sacramento King since Ben Gillery. Scary stuff.

Bricklayer said:
...Could Blu's size let us keep him as a theoretical PF and 5th big man at least until Tag gets back? Could be the excuse the Kings need. We are a shooting-centirc franchise. And in theory Blu can shoot. Let me emphasize the word THEORY.
Nope. Bluthenthal doesn't do anything but shoot. That's because he can't do anything but shoot.

I remember CruzDude was pretty high on him in the summer league because he could fill it up, but I don't think he's getting the time he needs to get his shot off. And that's all the game he has, so, it's not too promising for Blu.