Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they are shopping Cory Brewer and getting no traction....duh. I don't see them dealing Beverly or Ariza, maybe they part with Harrell but salaries don't quite fit

Improvement by subtraction, trade Ben for anything. Improvement by moving Willie closer to the end of the bench. Improvement by pushing a rookie too fast, play Malachi even if we have to start him so Temple can come off the bench. Improvement by miracle cures, get Rudy and Aaron back. Then start playing better. Problems solved.

I want to touch on the kings average age thing real quick. I think to much is being made of it. The players who are putting us over the hill are Afflallo, Barnes, Gay and Collison none of them in the real long term plans of the team and certainly not under contract. With the youngsters coming in next season we'll get an injection of youth on the team. Our team needs going forward are really going to be PG and SF.

Millsap would be great next to Cousins. Two bigs who can pass and play the high and low post interchangeably. I think he'd like it because it would extend his career to play next to a guy who draws opponents best frontline defender. What I like among his other skills is 3.7 assists to 2.1 turnovers...1.8 assist to TO rate...for a big that's great! The logical trade would be Willie and Rudy for Millsap., but in order for the Hawks to be seriously interested in Willie, their LP would have to be on fritz since last Spring and their advanced scouts sipping heavily on the sauce.

K

KingMilz

I'm worried about Vlade's pride getting in the way of moving WCS, otherwise something straight up involving him makes sense with Milsapp given Atlantas youth direction
What youth direction? There two rookies are sent to the D-League and aside from Dennis/Timmy JR who are like 23+ I don't see a youth movement in Atlanta they are playing Korver/Thabo/Milsap/Howard who are all like 29 or over. They hardly have anyone young in the rotation and are not really developing any of there young guys at the NBA level.

Also why would the Hawks need/want WCS when they just signed Dwight to like a 4 year deal? If anything they want a young PF/SG (since they have Prince as there future SF). They have Moose as there back up big and he's currently way better than WCS.

Finally a team like Denver who wanted Millsap (went hard after him) has way better players/contracts/young talents to give for a position they badly need and that's a starting PF next to Jokic they could offer Wilson Chandler who's on a excellent deal and a young guy like Malik Beasley or whoever else.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-timberwolves-actively-shopping-ricky-rubio-212933973.html

Twolves are shopping Rubio around the league for a better offer than what the Kings have, but it could still happen if nothing else comes to fruition. Gay/Collison for Rubio/Shabazz?
Bringing in Rubio would be a lateral move at best IMO. The Kings desperately need floor spacers and defenders, while Rubio is a quality defender, he cannot consistently spread the court for Cousins to operate. It would be another Rondo situation without all the drama, but one thing you can count on with Ricky is he will miss time due to some type of injury.

K

KingsFan80

“It’s just, maybe, the personnel in this situation,” Rondo says in response. “I mean, last year — I hate to keep talking about last year — but you couldn’t name three people on my team, the Sacramento Kings, and I led the league in assists. You know? I don’t know. I believe so (that his skill set still has value), given the right personnel and the flow of the game.”

K

KingsFan80

I like Rubio here. I still think the Kings are better rebuilding, but if we're really trying to contend, then I'd have no problem trading for him.

I know he has a ton of problems as a scorer and shooter, but we were able to get the offense going when we had Rondo. I know it's in a much different offense, but maybe it could workout? Rubio would instantly be our best defender. Rubio-Temple defensive backcourt would be really good.

K

KingsFan80

I like Rubio here. I still think the Kings are better rebuilding, but if we're really trying to contend, then I'd have no problem trading for him.

I know he has a ton of problems as a scorer and shooter, but we were able to get the offense going when we had Rondo. I know it's in a much different offense, but maybe it could workout? Rubio would instantly be our best defender. Rubio-Temple defensive backcourt would be really good.
But who would we play at SF?

If at all we ship Rudy for Rubio, I'd like the Kings to get a deal with Denver and give Malone some of his previous players in exchange for Nurkic and Gallinari. That would be DC/BMac/KK for Nurkic/Gallo.

We end up with

PG - Rubio/Lawson
SG - Temple/Affalo/Malachi
SF - Gallo/Barnes/Casspi
PF - Nurkic/WCS/Tolliver/Skal
C - DMC/Papa

Willie's offense should benefit from Rubio as it did with Rondo. So keep the kid and ship for Nurkic, who would an interesting player next to DMC as they quite similar games, except DMC is at all-star level

Kids will get their playing and Malachi/Gallo/Casspi/DMC should give Rubio good options to pass from the perimeter.

Nurkic is an ideal backup to DMC as well since he can almost mimic DMC's offense, especially down low.

Here's my humble opinion. I don't think you can win in today's NBA with perimeter players that can't shoot the ball. In case you haven't noticed, the entire NBA is shooting three's up the ying yang, and most of the contending teams, if not all, can shoot the three. It's all well and good to point out how many assists Rondo had when he was here, but let me ask you something. How many games did we win? If Cousins is to be our centerpiece, then he needs to be surrounded by players that can shoot the ball, and have to be defended.

No team in the NBA bothers to guard Rubio, not even us. Believe me, if Rubio could shoot the ball, I'd be all over a trade for him, but he can't, and maybe he never will. Fact is, if he could shoot the ball, he wouldn't be on the trading block. It's not like he's a second year player. The dude is who he is. I love his court vision and passing ability. And I love his defense. But he can't shoot the ball. His defender is an automatic double on Cousins. Now if you can also put a Bradley Beal at SG, a Kyle Korver at SF, and a Ryan Anderson at PF, then I think it might work. Don't think that's going to happen though.

K

KingMilz

If at all we ship Rudy for Rubio, I'd like the Kings to get a deal with Denver and give Malone some of his previous players in exchange for Nurkic and Gallinari. That would be DC/BMac/KK for Nurkic/Gallo.

We end up with

PG - Rubio/Lawson
SG - Temple/Affalo/Malachi
SF - Gallo/Barnes/Casspi
PF - Nurkic/WCS/Tolliver/Skal
C - DMC/Papa

Willie's offense should benefit from Rubio as it did with Rondo. So keep the kid and ship for Nurkic, who would an interesting player next to DMC as they quite similar games, except DMC is at all-star level

Kids will get their playing and Malachi/Gallo/Casspi/DMC should give Rubio good options to pass from the perimeter.

Nurkic is an ideal backup to DMC as well since he can almost mimic DMC's offense, especially down low.
Denver would have to be on suicide watch if they were to do that deal

Lot's of silly stuff going on in NY with Carmelo.... would he be willing to come here in a trade? We can give them Rudy (a solid SF) and a young asset and allow NY to focus on Porzingis as their primary and best player (which is what I think they should be doing anyway). We can get Cousins a legit #2 option (aging one, but still legit) and focus on making the playoffs.

Rubio can't shoot for his life and I don't see how he can improve our team by much if Rondo couldn't do it. Yes, Rubio is younger and a good passer, but Rondo was arguably a better one. If we can get Rubio for beans then sure, why not. But if we have to give up any real asset, I'll pass.

Lot's of silly stuff going on in NY with Carmelo.... would he be willing to come here in a trade? We can give them Rudy (a solid SF) and a young asset and allow NY to focus on Porzingis as their primary and best player (which is what I think they should be doing anyway). We can get Cousins a legit #2 option (aging one, but still legit) and focus on making the playoffs.
Melo all ready has come out publicly stating that he would waive his no trade clause only if he were traded to the Cavaliers or the Clippers.

That situation in NY should illustrate the danger of handing out no trade clauses.

Also, Carmelo and his wife would never agree to come to Sacramento, we might as well be Afghanistan.

Hate to say I told Ya so....

Gay will shut it down now for season. No trade. Nothing for him...gone.
He will probably enact his player option now and take the money owed on his contract. No one is going to want damaged goods now. Once again, Kings blow an opportunity to gain a productive player in a trade. Front Office being greedy. Now, stuck paying a gimp next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.