Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KingsFan80

Thoughts?

The Wizards and Pelicans are among the teams to reach out to the Nuggets regarding the availability of Will Barton, Chris Haynes of ESPN.com reports (Twitter link). Haynes adds that the talks are simply exploratory at this point.

Barton is having a solid season, averaging 13.8 points and nearly a steal per game while making 36.8% of attempts from behind the arc. He missed 12 games earlier in the season because of an ankle injury, but he appears to be healthy at the moment.

The shooting guard started for the team in his first 13 games, but he was pushed back to the bench last week with Gary Harris returning to the lineup. In the three games since Harris returned, Barton has seen only 26.3 minutes per game, down from 31.6, which was his average while starting in Harris’ place. With Harris back and No. 7 overall pick Jamal Murray looming as the long-term option in Denver, Barton could see his further reduced as the season progresses.

Multiple teams reportedly offered the Nuggets a first-rounder in exchange for Barton over the summer, but Denver opted to keep the shooting guard. The 25-year-old is on a team-friendly deal, which pays him slightly over $3.53MM this season and the same figure during the 2017/18 campaign.

Goran Dragic, Heat Open To Pursuing Trade Scenarios

Goran Dragic is open to a trade from the Miami Heat as they appear to be rebuilding after losing Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Dragic is having another strong season and trading him now would allow the Heat to recoup some of the cost they expended in acquiring him

from the Phoenix Suns in 2015 when they dealt two future first round picks. Dragic is 30 and is on a reasonable contract. Teams that have sought

discussions with the Heat on Dragic have found them to be open to offers. The Sacramento Kings and Heat held talks centered on Dragic earlier

in the season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244361/Goran-Dragic-Heat-Open-To-Pursuing-Trade-Scenarios

Very interesting. I still am skeptical that we have what it takes to get Wall in a trade without giving up Cousins. I was convinced the only way to get Wall would be through FA in 2019.

I felt that the only real chance to trade for Wall would have been during the draft when we are allowed to trade our pick. I was thinking SAC 2017 1st (top 10), Cauley-Stein, & Labissiere would be the starting point with Bogdanovic, Papagiannis, and/or Richardson being included as other assets to get the job done.
I think we can do it. Especially since Washington is having some issues.
I want this trade to happen. And we need this trade to happen.
Vlade make this happen!

I've also been seeing more Articles that state that John Wall needs a new team.
I think we're due for a nice trade.

K

KingsFan80

From the article on Sactown royalty lol

It’s hard to read Sacramento. Sacramento talks a lot but then never does anything, so Sacramento’s very frustrating to people,” Windhorst said. “I know that Sacramento has been talking to Phoenix about Brandon Knight since the summer. Will that ultimately get done? I don’t know, but it’s out there.

It’s hard to read Sacramento. Sacramento talks a lot but then never does anything, so Sacramento’s very frustrating to people,” Windhorst said. “I know that Sacramento has been talking to Phoenix about Brandon Knight since the summer. Will that ultimately get done? I don’t know, but it’s out there.
What does the other team want for these guys? That is the key. Maybe it's frustrating to teams because Vlade isn't going to do a IT deal for a trade exception like PDA. That is the sense I get. Establishing that this isn't PDA tenure.

I'm sure other teams find Danny Ainge very "frustrating" as well.

Last edited:
I think we can do it. Especially since Washington is having some issues.
I want this trade to happen. And we need this trade to happen.
Vlade make this happen!

I've also been seeing more Articles that state that John Wall needs a new team.
I think we're due for a nice trade.
If you do the other trades I mentioned in the "rebuilding around Cousins" thread last night, we'd have the following assets to throw at WAS to get Wall (rather than just the few I mentioned the first time around).

SAC 2017 1st
CHI 2017 1st
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Cameron Payne
Georgios Papagiannis
Jerian Grant
Malachi Richardson
Skal Labissiere
Willie Cauley-Stein

That's considerably more young talent to choose from and perhaps gives us better odds to land him.

It would be interesting to see how the FA market changes if we land Wall. A Cousins/Wall duo is an attractive selling point, and who knows, perhaps we do end up getting a quality FA out of it. Considering we'd have both Wall and Temple, maybe Porter would be willing to sign a big offer sheet with us knowing two of his former teammates are on our team and with the hope that a Wall/Porter/Cousins trio can work better than a Wall/Beal/Porter trio.

EDIT: The trade on draft day could look something like this:

John Wall
Markieff Morris
Daniel Ochefu
Danuel House
Sheldon McClellan

for

SAC 2017 1st
CHI 2017 1st
Cameron Payne
Willie Cauley-Stein
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Arron Afflalo
Matt Barnes

That would leave us with this roster heading into 2017 FA:

PG - Wall / Grant / Christon
SG - Temple / Richardson / McClellan / House
SF -
PF - Morris / Labissiere
C - Cousins / Papagiannis / Ochefu

Then we would have ~$36 mil in cap space to give us the opportunity to try and lure a guy like Porter or Hayward to come here to fit perfectly in as that SF of the future around the strong supporting cast. We should also have enough to retain Casspi as a backup SF if we choose. I also like the fact that we still have Richardson & Labissiere who we can groom behind the scenes to eventually take over the starting job and give us a Wall-Richardson-Porter/Hayward/Casspi-Labissiere-Cousins starting lineup going forward.

Last edited:
I've been a fan of this move for a long time. I just think Dragic is exciting and pretty big for a PG. And then the team takes on this very international flavor - you could conceivably have 4 euros in the starting lineup with DeMarcus: Dragic, Bogdanovic, Casspi, Koufas, DeMarcus - with Temple, Lawson, and WCS off the bench? Can that team 5 win 55 games for a few years while Papa, Skal, & Malachi round into form for the future?

What could make it even more interesting... what if Knicks would give up Porzingis in a DMC deal (uniting DMC and Carmelo in NY)? Now you have Vlade's euroball wet dream all the way - and I'd buy tickets for sure although I'd hate to trade DMC for anything right now.

I know I gotta don a flame suit for this but not sure why. That would be a blow-up rebuild to end all blowup rebuilds and a fun marketing gimmick to boot.

I've been a fan of this move for a long time. I just think Dragic is exciting and pretty big for a PG. And then the team takes on this very international flavor - you could conceivably have 4 euros in the starting lineup with DeMarcus: Dragic, Bogdanovic, Casspi, Koufas, DeMarcus - with Temple, Lawson, and WCS off the bench? Can that team 5 win 55 games for a few years while Papa, Skal, & Malachi round into form for the future?

What could make it even more interesting... what if Knicks would give up Porzingis in a DMC deal (uniting DMC and Carmelo in NY)? Now you have Vlade's euroball wet dream all the way - and I'd buy tickets for sure although I'd hate to trade DMC for anything right now.

I know I gotta don a flame suit for this but not sure why. That would be a blow-up rebuild to end all blowup rebuilds and a fun marketing gimmick to boot.
That's only 3 Euros in the starting lineup. Koufos is from Ohio.

Sort of... yes he did Cuban/Carlise believe Finney Smith will be a premier perimeter defender in the NBA (they actually cut Acy imo to keep DFS) so they are developing him I guess over JA but I don't think that's the sole reason Rick loves playing two PG's and Wes@SF plus DFS always starts and Anderson was never going to start so I'm not sure how many minutes he took away from him really.

I'm not saying JA is the answer but the Mavs have some form in not playing a talented built SG/SF and Anderson always goes hard when I watch him sometimes with disastrous consequences but at least you know he's in the game. WCS at this point does not try that's a massive problem.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nba/mave...rent-seeing-more-of-justin-anderson/372274383
Sort of sums it up

Anderson could actually be a young Matt Barnes with way more consistency, Matt despite the awful %'s has helped us win some with just scrapping and Anderson does a ton of the same type of stuff with obviously a way higher ceiling.
I agree with you a lot, but Justin Anderson isn't our answer. He's a wing player, but he's a really inconsistent shooter. That's not something you want alongside Cousins. On top of being a really inconsistent shooter, he's not much of a scoring threat. He can't dribble the ball at all. He's worse than McLemore. As of right now, his only calling card is on defense. He has really really questionable bball IQ, that's been hidden.

I'd much rather keep WCS. I'm also pretty sure that WCS has a higher value than Anderson. Anderson is limited defensive wing. WCS is a limited defensive PF/C. We can find a player similar to Anderson wtihout having to give up Willie.

If Zingers was offered for Cousins right now, I'd do that deal 10000000000000000/10000000000000000. I just don't think the Knicks would do it though.

I'd like an all-Euro team.

Ntilinka-Bogdanovic-?-Porzingis-Papagiannis.

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2889/25370/3256034/lowepost_2016-12-22-153234-6427-0-1974-0.128.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=e6afe53c81a4f1d7776d4f0454e1449c&referer=http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=18334195

34 minute mark. Windorst says we're talking to Orlando and Portland on trades, possibly a 3 way trade.Wonder if it's true what we're asking for?

Orlando is trying to trade Payton.

Windhorst also said that we've been talking to Phoenix for Brandon Knight since the summer.
Let's bring in Meyers Leonard.... :D

I think WCS would be someone we wouldn't mind shipping out for the right deal. Although I think Rudy, DC and Ben are the most likely to be traded, WCS isn't far behind.

lots of trade speculation out there.
Hoopshype has Orlando sounding like they would move Payton, Mario, Vucevic... I'm not sure what to make of Payton. I thought he'd be showing more at this point, was Nik the better pick. I also liked Mario in the 2015 draft, whats going on in Orlando?

Brandon Knight's name out there, I hope we don't go this route, he seems more of SG and I really want to develop Malachi and then Bogdan next year.

Portland, Indiana, Miami rumors circulating... but hey unless Vlade swings something for Wall or Stanley Johnson I want to keep it simple and bring in Payne. Payne to Cousins sounds like a nice foundation to me. Hopefully keep that draft pick and add a SF, but that's seeming less likely with our recent good play. With a coach players like, and a few scrappy role players the future is looking a bit brighter.

Merry Christmas

Hoopshype has Orlando sounding like they would move Payton, Mario, Vucevic... I'm not sure what to make of Payton. I thought he'd be showing more at this point, was Nik the better pick. I also liked Mario in the 2015 draft, whats going on in Orlando?

Brandon Knight's name out there, I hope we don't go this route, he seems more of SG and I really want to develop Malachi and then Bogdan next year.

Portland, Indiana, Miami rumors circulating... but hey unless Vlade swings something for Wall or Stanley Johnson I want to keep it simple and bring in Payne. Payne to Cousins sounds like a nice foundation to me. Hopefully keep that draft pick and add a SF, but that's seeming less likely with our recent good play. With a coach players like, and a few scrappy role players the future is looking a bit brighter.

Merry Christmas
That's the one player out of the rumors mentioned so far I want no part of. He is a chucking PG who really doesn't provide you with much else but inefficient scoring. The Kings in return would be taking another step back IMO since he is signed for another three seasons after this I believe.

Knight is someone who could actually be very good for us. The problems fans have is they look at the current role or production and make a call on whether player is any good or not. Happened to Rudy last year in Karl's system.

Knight in our offense would actually be a decent fit. We have to "de-Phoenix" him as he has developed some bad habits when it comes to shot selection but there is a good player in there. He can shoot the 3 ball well, can create a bit, is a good defender and can play off the ball. He might actually be a good get for us. His role would be very different here to what it is in Phoenix. He could be a very solid 17/5 PG for us.

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2889/25370/3256034/lowepost_2016-12-22-153234-6427-0-1974-0.128.mp3?cdn_id=33&uuid=e6afe53c81a4f1d7776d4f0454e1449c&referer=http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=18334195

34 minute mark. Windorst says we're talking to Orlando and Portland on trades, possibly a 3 way trade.Wonder if it's true what we're asking for?

Orlando is trying to trade Payton.

Windhorst also said that we've been talking to Phoenix for Brandon Knight since the summer.
I could see Portland and NO dealing with us.

When teams feel they have a chance in the playoffs, they will trade a young asset for an expiring like Rudy.....I think OKC is in that spot, where they think its worth it to get Rudy and give up Payne....who is a back up for them.

Dec 29, Payne is back
I know what you mean but realistically Rudy's value is as an expiring contact.

The teams that would be interested in Rudy are:

1) Clippers - with Blake griffin injured, Rudy would give them much needed firepower. Their window is closing fast.

Not much the kings would want, unless they include a future 1st round pick.

2) OKC- Westbrook needs a 2nd gun bad. Cameron Payne would be the target.

3) Houston - Harden needs a gunner next to him too. Rudy would be a stretch 4 in d'antoni's system. Not much Kings would want, unless Vlade could pry a late 1st round pick.

4) Miami - more of a salary dump for goran, I think the heat could get more future assets from someone else.

5) Phoenix - for Brandon knight as a salary dump for the suns.

Last edited:

Merry Christmas
Rob Hennigan did a good job acquiring talent, but did a horrible job trying to put them together. The guy shipped out Tobias Harris for free...... literally, for free.
Also shipped out Oladipo+11th pick(Sabonis) for 1 year of Ibaka.
Payton also kinda stinks. Being a non-shooting PG in 2016 will hurt you a lot.

WHAT!?!?! You must be filled with to much holiday cheer.
you really must be in a giving mood
It's my Christmas spirit. It is they say......."the season of giving!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.