Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hunch that vlade will swing a deal of Rudy gay for Boston's Terry Rozier (plus spare parts) so Danny Ainge can get some fire power to help IT in a playoff run.
Assuming healthy, of the three 2015 draft PG's Tyus Jones, Terry Rozier, and Cameron Payne who's got the best NBA game? They all come up in this forums conversation, but two are buried and the one that isn't is injured.

K

KingMilz

Assuming healthy, of the three 2015 draft PG's Tyus Jones, Terry Rozier, and Cameron Payne who's got the best game? They all come up in this forums conversation, but two are buried and the one that isn't is injured.
I have only watched Rozier/Payne I would say Rozier has the highest ceiling due to athletic ability(getting into the lane at will)/defense and Payne is more a skilled intelligent player who could be a very solid starter have not seen anything of Jones except for last year at times and I didn't really remember him.

Noel wants out in Philly, I wonder what it would take to get him here? His trade value will be down due to him forcing a trade. Gay and McLemore for Noel? They desperately need wing play and I think we should start with Gay for Noel and see what they say, add McLemore to improve their backup at SG to see if they bite.
If Philly has interest in Nikola Mirotic I would love to swing a 3 way deal for Noel to us and Rudy to the Bulls plus other small pieces to make all the salaries work.

I have only watched Rozier/Payne I would say Rozier has the highest ceiling due to athletic ability(getting into the lane at will)/defense and Payne is more a skilled intelligent player who could be a very solid starter have not seen anything of Jones except for last year at times and I didn't really remember him.

If Philly has interest in Nikola Mirotic I would love to swing a 3 way deal for Noel to us and Rudy to the Bulls plus other small pieces to make all the salaries work.
Yeah, when I think starting PG material I like Payne. It was a small sample size but last year he appeared very composed for a rookie. Rozier might be a good starter too, but for now I see a great backup off the bench. Jones looked nice in summer league .

I only know Noel isn't happy with 8 stinkin mins in his return. Philly does have too many players competing at the same positions and Simmons hasn't even played yet. I think the Kings would need to lose some front court players as well if Noel was to come here.

I just hope Vlade pulls something good out of all this. I'm a bit impatient.

Last edited:
Saw some rumours about John Wall not being able to benefit under the new CBA.
With Cousins clearly qualifying that designated vet under the CBA, why not get his old buddy for Gay/Collison.
It works.
If Washington was to bite then why not. Both Collison and Gay are free agents and I actually think they have more to offer us for Cuz than we do them for Wall but it wouldn't surprise me if these two play again together.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jimmy Butler is a top 5 2 way player in the NBA come on seriously your not getting him for that
If Vlade did somehow manage to pull that off, he deserves a statue.

Jimmy Butler wouldn't exactly help our shooting but he and Temple would probably be the best wing defensive duo after Kawhi/Green.

No way Chicago does that though.

I disagree. The grind that the long season puts on a players body can be very taxing.
Did you know that Wilt Chamberlain played in 1045 games in his career, and averaged 45.8 minutes per game for his career. While playing that many minutes, he also averaged 30.1 points per game, 22.9 rebounds per game, and 4.4 assists per game. Think how much better he might have been if he gotten a little rest.:rolleyes:

Did you know that Wilt Chamberlain played in 1045 games in his career, and averaged 45.8 minutes per game for his career. While playing that many minutes, he also averaged 30.1 points per game, 22.9 rebounds per game, and 4.4 assists per game. Think how much better he might have been if he gotten a little rest.:rolleyes:
Wilt had a superior training program!!!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Figured I'd put this here......personally, if he just can't handle it, de-activate him and give that spot to Malachi.......trade him if that's possible, only good thing is he's an expiring and that could come in useful somewhere.....but Joerger isn't going to put up with it.

@carmichaeldave: Worth following: according to league sources, Aaron Afflalo was slow to enter the game in Utah, declined to enter in Houston. Stay tuned.

K

KingsFan80

Figured I'd put this here......personally, if he just can't handle it, de-activate him and give that spot to Malachi.......trade him if that's possible, only good thing is he's an expiring and that could come in useful somewhere.....but Joerger isn't going to put up with it.

@carmichaeldave: Worth following: according to league sources, Aaron Afflalo was slow to enter the game in Utah, declined to enter in Houston. Stay tuned.
Excellent...So Affalo, Lawson and Barnes so far have been issues from the magical experienced free agent class. What a joke

How about Rudy/KK for McDermott/Mirotic/Lopez?
Rudy goes to play with Rondo, they run Hoiberg's small ball.
We get a quicker big than KK, 2 offensive forwards coz no one else seems to to shoot the ball in this team except DMC.
Bulls probably wouldn't do it. Lopez is better than KK. McDermott and Mirotic are the Bulls' best shooters, so they're subtracting shooting from their lineups.

It's just way too many ball dominant players that can't shoot. Rondo-Wade-Butler-Gay. It would never work for them.

K

KingMilz

Justin Anderson has had a fairly down year in every aspect so far after having a very good NBA playoffs last year he's shown plenty of flashes but Carlise has been giving him the Jae Crowder treatment. Currently he plays like a more athletic PJ Tucker although Tucker is obviously a superior defender currently (although in his first NBA stint at a similar age was not) he's built like a tank and plays super hard but his IQ is fairly low and he's yet to find his jump shot. He does make things happened on the floor both positive and negitivie with his reckless type game.

Carlise practically orgasms every time a long athletic lob catcher (WCS) walks by him so the trade could work where we get a long term SG/SF built like a tank with freakish athletic ability they are the same age both low IQ but Anderson has a motor and WCS is perfectly built for a Carlise system.

We could than try move Rudy/Ben/AA for a PF/C (O'Quinn/Noel) and PG or whatever is needed for the future/current depending on the situation.

Ideally it would work out for us and the Mavs where JA becomes something like Crowder 2.0 once he leaves the Mavs and gets playing time and WCS is the 2nd coming of Brandon Wright for the Mavs and off course it could completely back fire as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Justin Anderson has had a fairly down year in every aspect so far after having a very good NBA playoffs last year he's shown plenty of flashes but Carlise has been giving him the Jae Crowder treatment. Currently he plays like a more athletic PJ Tucker although Tucker is obviously a superior defender currently (although in his first NBA stint at a similar age was not) he's built like a tank and plays super hard but his IQ is fairly low and he's yet to find his jump shot. He does make things happened on the floor both positive and negitivie with his reckless type game.

Carlise practically orgasms every time a long athletic lob catcher (WCS) walks by him so the trade could work where we get a long term SG/SF built like a tank with freakish athletic ability they are the same age both low IQ but Anderson has a motor and WCS is perfectly built for a Carlise system.

We could than try move Rudy/Ben/AA for a PF/C (O'Quinn/Noel) and PG or whatever is needed for the future/current depending on the situation.

Ideally it would work out for us and the Mavs where JA becomes something like Crowder 2.0 once he leaves the Mavs and gets playing time and WCS is the 2nd coming of Brandon Wright for the Mavs and off course it could completely back fire as well.
Wouldn't it be a bit sad, when WCS couldn't get us more in a trade than a player of Anderson's caliber?
What's wrong with Willie? I don't get it. He looks like he doesn't want to be on the court. It's frustrating to watch.
Anderson fits a need, but shouldn't we be able to pick up a somewhat similar player without shipping out another lottery pick?
In a world, where a team like Memphis can pick up multiple guys from the D-League or the end of the benches of other teams and turn them into something, it must be possible to at least one player able to contribute using the same methods.
I don't care if his name is Justin Holiday, Jonathan Simmons, Troy Williams or Glenn Robinson III. Why do this kind of players always end up with other NBA teams?

K

KingMilz

Wouldn't it be a bit sad, when WCS couldn't get us more in a trade than a player of Anderson's caliber?
What's wrong with Willie? I don't get it. He looks like he doesn't want to be on the court. It's frustrating to watch.
Anderson fits a need, but shouldn't we be able to pick up a somewhat similar player without shipping out another lottery pick?
In a world, where a team like Memphis can pick up multiple guys from the D-League or the end of the benches of other teams and turn them into something, it must be possible to at least one player able to contribute using the same methods.
I don't care if his name is Justin Holiday, Jonathan Simmons, Troy Williams or Glenn Robinson III. Why do this kind of players always end up with other NBA teams?
I think you might be underrating Anderson a bit he's basically atm(except towards the end of last year/playoffs made a massive impact) the WCS of the SG/SF position except he actually plays hard there was a time where Crowder was a nobody on the Dallas bench as well. Like I said they are the same age both freak athletes I don't really think currently you could do any better in a one for one deal than Anderson and even than the Mavs might say no.

What makes WCS "calibar" better than JA? Currently WCS has either quit or he sucks his defense which apparently he could defend 1 to 5 is not there and he basically can't defend from 1 to 5.

I think you might be underrating Anderson a bit he's basically atm(except towards the end of last year/playoffs made a massive impact) the WCS of the SG/SF position except he actually plays hard there was a time where Crowder was a nobody on the Dallas bench as well. Like I said they are the same age both freak athletes I don't really think currently you could do any better in a one for one deal than Anderson and even than the Mavs might say no.

What makes WCS "calibar" better than JA? Currently WCS has either quit or he sucks his defense which apparently he could defend 1 to 5 is not there and he basically can't defend from 1 to 5.
You are right. I might undervalue Anderson quite a bit, because I almost never watch the Mavs on purpose (can't stand Dirk Nowitzki...;)), so I only recall last years Playoffs and a few games against the Blazers, Grizzlies, Celtics or Kings.
I just hate the thought to give up on a draftee again. We picked WCS with our 8th pick. And here we are a bid more than 1 season into his career and we already want to ship him out?

K

KingMilz

You are right. I might undervalue Anderson quite a bit, because I almost never watch the Mavs on purpose (can't stand Dirk Nowitzki...;)), so I only recall last years Playoffs and a few games against the Blazers, Grizzlies, Celtics or Kings.
I just hate the thought to give up on a draftee again. We picked WCS with our 8th pick. And here we are a bid more than 1 season into his career and we already want to ship him out?
Well he's not playing hard which to me in unacceptable like Garrett Temple has been a way better shot blocker, when was the last time WCS chased someone down to block them at 7 foot and being able to run like the wind he should be doing that at least once every 1-2 games. I don't know what happened to him he looks like Ben Mclemore now in terms of pansy bruise free basketball with minimal effort into doing anything productive.

It can't all be cause of a "system" change his role is still the same roll hard to the rim catch lobs and be a pest with his freak athletic ability on defense he's legit doing none of them most the time and he only ever nowdays looks good when the game is in garbage time.

Probably not going to happen but I would love to turn Ben into Taj Gibson and Rudy+Lawson into Cameron Payne + fillers...

Well he's not playing hard which to me in unacceptable like Garrett Temple has been a way better shot blocker, when was the last time WCS chased someone down to block them at 7 foot and being able to run like the wind he should be doing that at least once every 1-2 games. I don't know what happened to him he looks like Ben Mclemore now in terms of pansy bruise free basketball with minimal effort into doing anything productive.
Well of course there are solid reasons to give up on Willie. Everything you wrote is true. I wonder, whats wrong with him too and most likely it's in his head, wether it's being upset with the amount of minutes he is getting or just being insecure.
I just hate giving up, because in theory WCS should be an impact player and should at least make KK expendable. We can't built a winning franchise on theory or what should have been - I get that.
But correct me please, if I'm wrong - didn't Anderson lose most of his minutes to Finney-Smith?

K

KingMilz

Well of course there are solid reasons to give up on Willie. Everything you wrote is true. I wonder, whats wrong with him too and most likely it's in his head, wether it's being upset with the amount of minutes he is getting or just being insecure.
I just hate giving up, because in theory WCS should be an impact player and should at least make KK expendable. We can't built a winning franchise on theory or what should have been - I get that.
But correct me please, if I'm wrong - didn't Anderson lose most of his minutes to Finney-Smith?
Sort of... yes he did Cuban/Carlise believe Finney Smith will be a premier perimeter defender in the NBA (they actually cut Acy imo to keep DFS) so they are developing him I guess over JA but I don't think that's the sole reason Rick loves playing two PG's and Wes@SF plus DFS always starts and Anderson was never going to start so I'm not sure how many minutes he took away from him really.

I'm not saying JA is the answer but the Mavs have some form in not playing a talented built SG/SF and Anderson always goes hard when I watch him sometimes with disastrous consequences but at least you know he's in the game. WCS at this point does not try that's a massive problem.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nba/mave...rent-seeing-more-of-justin-anderson/372274383
Sort of sums it up

Anderson could actually be a young Matt Barnes with way more consistency, Matt despite the awful %'s has helped us win some with just scrapping and Anderson does a ton of the same type of stuff with obviously a way higher ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.