Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how our team looks now and for future years with the salary cap. I have put in the guaranteed monies only. No cap holds and the rookie contracts are based on the holds, not what they may actually sign for.

I can add the others in if you like and do another screen shot. This is probably 95-97% accurate.

We obviously still need PG help. We have Collision who may have some form of suspension, Temple who is really only a back up PG in emergency situations and a 2nd round rookie pick.

Our trade assets are Rudy Gay with P/O for next year. Koufos on a really nice 3 year deal and Ben who will be a RFA next year. Teams get good control with Koufos and Ben and get to possibly shed salary and get a scoring wing with Rudy.

As a board I know we are targeting Bledsoe and Rubio, but what over options do we have to trade for. Right now we have no roster spots open, so trades would have to be equal players or more going out from our side.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think that the FO and coaching staff would really like to see our rooks and Euros play in SL so that they can gauge up close whether these guys can be contributors off the bench. If yes, then they can formulate trade packages.

I think an important part is I Cousins in SL. Granted history for second round picks is not on his side but you don't just write him off yet until you see him play. Can Papa take over some of Koufos' minutes?

Are we better off making a trade for a PG or are we better off signing a Norris Cole type? Are we better off dumping Ben for a draft pick and going with Afflalo, Temple and a Richardson/Cousins rotation at SG?

Tyreke is another option that makes some sense for both sides.

I'm lukewarm on that for a few reasons but it's an option.

Koufos for Beverly?

If the Heat decide to rebuild maybe Dragic is available?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Tyreke is another option that makes some sense for both sides.

I'm lukewarm on that for a few reasons but it's an option.

Koufos for Beverly?

If the Heat decide to rebuild maybe Dragic is available?
Can't say I'm a fan of bringing Evans back into this new system. Both Beverly and Goran are interesting options. Ironically Beverly drives me nuts much like Matt Barnes but I think he might be the better fit and player. While GD gets a bit more of my respect I'm not sure he fits the bill of a hard-nosed Defender and I'm not sure he brings the Firepower I'd like to see given some of the other players were putting on the court with DMC. If we keep Rudy he makes
more sense. Course the real trick is getting the trade in the first place for either of them.

How about trading Ben or KK to a team for picks and signing a second tier free agent PG like Lawson or someone? This would get you more assets (picks) and get the team out of the current PG situation... a backup for Collison... and picks...
Of course, it would be better to be able to trade for a starting PG or really good backup PG with those guys, but if that doesn't happen, this could be plan B.

How about trading Ben or KK to a team for picks and signing a second tier free agent PG like Lawson or someone? This would get you more assets (picks) and get the team out of the current PG situation... a backup for Collison... and picks...
Of course, it would be better to be able to trade for a starting PG or really good backup PG with those guys, but if that doesn't happen, this could be plan B.
Hell no to Lawson. The guys a piece of crap. Plus Vlade basically said the guy was stupid last summer

Hell no to Lawson. The guys a piece of crap. Plus Vlade basically said the guy was stupid last summer
I was just using him as an example... and the options as serviceable PGs in Free Agency are drying up: Felton, Lawson, Ian Clark, Chalmers and Vasquez are all that are really left...

The common theme out of Sacramento Kings this summer from both coach Joerger and coach Turner, is defense, grit and grind, smashmouth basketball where the scoring will go down but the defense will pick up.

Based on that, and every move we have made so far whether it be draft or FA period or even trades suggests to anyone that is paying attention that names like Lawson, Blake, Vasquez et. al. are just not options for us. If we are going to run some Princeton sets then the PG will probably only need to be a 3 and D type of player or a defensively capable players capable of creating off teh dribble.

The common theme out of Sacramento Kings this summer from both coach Joerger and coach Turner, is defense, grit and grind, smashmouth basketball where the scoring will go down but the defense will pick up.

Based on that, and every move we have made so far whether it be draft or FA period or even trades suggests to anyone that is paying attention that names like Lawson, Blake, Vasquez et. al. are just not options for us. If we are going to run some Princeton sets then the PG will probably only need to be a 3 and D type of player or a defensively capable players capable of creating off teh dribble.
I'd add rubio to that list as well.

We are going to run the Princeton? I don't see it with this roster.

K

KingMilz

Would the Nuggets do Jameer Nelson and Wilson Chandler for Rudy Gay? Malone is obviously a fan of Rudy and Chandler is a injury risk on what is now a very acceptable contract but has 2-3 years left while Rudy is a expiring deal. Wilson fits the mold of a long explosive athletic tough guy and can score 13-16ppg as a 3rd option which the team has currently been built around.
Jameer was pretty good for the Dallas Mavericks the year he was traded for Rondo he was part of a line up which was on pace to break offensive records in the NBA.

I would not mind Tyreke but I rather try something different than go back to what failed (although there were many factors in why it failed). I just think we need to go a fresh route and keep building the team in the mold we have so far with signings like Temple/Barnes/AT/drafting WCS and adding that SF who hustles and brings great athletic ability.

K

KingMilz

I was just using him as an example... and the options as serviceable PGs in Free Agency are drying up: Felton, Lawson, Ian Clark, Chalmers and Vasquez are all that are really left...
Felton was a beast towards the end of the season for Dallas

God, Avery Bradley could be so good in Dave Joerger's defensive schemes.
Not convinced we could get either for what I am offering there. Crowder is another underrated player. Can defend anyone really and solidifies a starter at SF if we are trading Gay for more fire power. Both on dirt cheap contracts too. This could potentially be value contract for value contract trade that addresses needs for both teams.

Kosta's contract has great value. I mean Mozgov is earning twice as much! :eek:

dude12

Hall of Famer
@AlexKennedyNBA: As if this last week of NBA transactions wasn't crazy enough, a league source just told me: "We could see a lot of trades in the next week."

Looks like this is when deals will be going down. I've been figuring that some teams want to see rooks play and since we have several rooks and Euros playing, this could be the delay.

Not convinced we could get either for what I am offering there. Crowder is another underrated player. Can defend anyone really and solidifies a starter at SF if we are trading Gay for more fire power. Both on dirt cheap contracts too. This could potentially be value contract for value contract trade that addresses needs for both teams.

Kosta's contract has great value. I mean Mozgov is earning twice as much! :eek:
Not a chance in hell we get Crowder in any deal without involving DeMarcus. Dude is an insane value contract for the next 4 years and I think he's on the verge of being the next breakout star as the next "jack of all trades" guy.

Bradley is the one you might be able to sneak if Boston is ready to hand the reigns to Smart and make him a 35 MPG player. Especially if the plan is to play Horford at PF (no idea, but I do think Horford said he wanted to move over), then the Celtics will need some help.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Not a chance in hell we get Crowder in any deal without involving DeMarcus. Dude is an insane value contract for the next 4 years and I think he's on the verge of being the next breakout star as the next "jack of all trades" guy.

Bradley is the one you might be able to sneak if Boston is ready to hand the reigns to Smart and make him a 35 MPG player. Especially if the plan is to play Horford at PF (no idea, but I do think Horford said he wanted to move over), then the Celtics will need some help.
And Bradley would be a handy one in taking us one step closer to defensive culture, while also having the ability to play some PG. But he's no starting point, and so would have to be willing to come off the bench, which he hasn't done in 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.