Crazy thoughts

Flipping off the fan in the tunnel and saying "eff the Warriors" viral video sealed his fate with Vivek (who bleeds Warriors yellow).
As I said in another thread, that made me appreciate Cousins even more. Loved it.
Vivek can go eff himself, sell his ownership stake and buy back into the Warriors. He already attends all their playoff games anyway.

Knowing what I know about Vlade, there's probably some truth about Cousins teammates not totally enjoying the experience of playing with Cousins. If may have come down to whether you want the immates to run the asylum of not.
I think this is mostly myth. Not saying everyone that's played with him loves him, but many of them do. And several current players have expressed disappointment over the trade.

Hell, vets won't be coming here after this. Vlade just did a scorch earth on NBA agents.
Yep. Apparently part of this culture change involves blatantly going back on your word and admitting you accepted an inferior deal.

Boy do I miss Geoff Petrie and his ability to keep things close to the vest. Vlade's the new fish in the poker game that the vets have a read on before the cards are dealt.

I find it crazy that more than 3 Kings fans think this franchise can get back on track via player development and the draft as currently managed and owned.
I touched upon this same point in one of my previous ventings. The hubris Vlade/Vivek have in thinking they can re-build through the draft and/or FA with the track history they have is laughable.

Soon, the Kings will have 15 shooting guards on the roster.

I think the 1 game suspension for each technical foul thing was a huge deal on this. I think the team realized they couldn't count on Cousins anymore. Why pay a guy 200mil when you don't know if he will be available for you????

Would you pay an employee a lot of money who was unreliable? An employee who wasn't making your company all that great to begin with?
C'mon Gary. What'd he miss, 4 games his entire career due to going over the tech limit? Let's not act as if the guy was missing games every other week. He was certainly more reliable than many of these oft injured players. And he always played hard and with intensity. He's certainly more reliable between the lines than a Rudy Gay or Ben McLemore, who hardly seem like they care at times.

K

KingMilz

The craziest thing might still be yet to come imagine if in true Kings fashion the team via some miracle go on a Miami Heat like run and the Pelicans tank and we lost both lottery picks.....that would truly be #KANGZ

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We cost him $30 million.

Not happening.
It's not even about the money. It's about loyalty. The front office betrayed that...and he will never forget it. He loves the city of Sacramento, he loves the fans. He will make it his mission to make sure the Kings organization and the rest of the NBA knows what a mistake they made every time he comes up against the Kings for the rest of his career.

My craziest thought is that, when forced to sell by the NBA, the Maloofs drew a line in the sand that they wouldn't sell to Ron Burkle because they disliked that he'd plotted with KJ to get the team. That concession by the NBA ended up subjecting Kings fans to a truly horrible owner. Oh wait, that happened.
Burkle had to back out because he had recently purchased a company of sport's agents. It would have been a conflict of interest.

am i the only one not understanding the whole "Omg! he flipped off a warrior fan crap"?

im more than sure the guy was joking and probably even laughed with the guy after the camera went off. I mean.. please.
Just so KF's is aware of the View From Another Side :

Reddit, (one of) the largest (reasonable) groupings of basketball fans online, was nigh-universally positive towards Demarcus when he flipped off the Warrior fan.
They thought it was hilarious, and a breath of fresh air from an NBA star to actually dislike an opponent.

Contrary to what the Kings fanbase has been led to believe, most of the online contingent of NBA fans don't like the PC, everyone-loves-everyone dog-and-pony show they have been subjected to lately.
(And most of the NBA doesn't like the Warriors, unlike our sycophantic front office that worships them).

So Demarcus GAINED credibility and fandom when he flipped off the Warriors fan off the court after beating them on the court.

For this FO to try to manipulate the message and make it like it was a negative impact on the Kings, is pure misinformation.

..... and butthurt.

Reddit, (one of) the largest (reasonable) groupings of basketball fans online, was nigh-universally positive towards Demarcus when he flipped off the Warrior fan.
They thought it was hilarious, and a breath of fresh air from an NBA star to actually dislike an opponent.
That was exactly my stance when I read about then saw it. I miss heated and hated rivalries. I grew up watching Dodgers-Giants, Lakers-Celtics, Kings-Lakers, UNC-Duke, Red Sox-Yankees, Niners-Cowboys, etc. It's in my blood to hate my team's rival and to expect the players on the team I'm rooting for to have a genuine distaste for those wearing opposing colors.

When I saw DMC do that, along with other things in the past such as not allowing Isaiah to shake Chris Paul's hand, it made me smile. I don't see a thing wrong with it. It's not like he spit on those fans or anything. He simply gave them #$%^ for wearing their gear during an emotional moment for him.