Cousins vs. the Bee

Let me start off by saying I'm in favor of blowing this up in February.

The following is not about an excuse or defending Cousins. It's about the facts as I see it. Men act like men and children act like children therefore Cousins is not a man. Besides for reproduction purposes, being a man has been defined by man and society. Its not about age, how they look, or how big someone is. It's about conforming to mans ages old opinion on what it is to be a man. Therefore Cousins is not a man. Cousins is not an immature man. He is a troubled human being and it's getting worse and needs, help he'll probably never seek, before it's too late for his career but hopefully before it's too late for him.

We've all heard what his problem is. He's dumb, he's immature, he has a temper. We've all heard the opinions about solutions to his problems and they aren't really even close to touching on the problem. His problem has a cause and an overlap effect. It's anxiety. The anxiety has stunted his emotional growth, the cause, and creates his "episodes" that seem like someone being dumb or immature, the overlap. Immaturity should get better with age without treatment. Anxiety doesn't get better left alone and gets worse a lot of times. Anxiety is hard to understand and I'm not saying when he gets fouled abd there's no call he has a panic attack or gets panicky or even feels anxious but anxiety can over take ones mind when triggered. Why does he continue to say the right things off the court but the wrong things on. Becuase the anxiety is triggered by something and he changes. He only sees what his anxiety wants him to see. In those moments he doesn't care about anything but the trigger. He doesn't care about the past, future, or what people think.

Again this is not a defensive opinion as I want to move on from him. I do not condone his actions at all. All I know is, hea troubled and needs help very very soon.

dude12

Hall of Famer

The following is not about an excuse or defending Cousins. It's about the facts as I see it. Men act like men and children act like children therefore Cousins is not a man. Besides for reproduction purposes, being a man has been defined by man and society. Its not about age, how they look, or how big someone is. It's about conforming to mans ages old opinion on what it is to be a man. Therefore Cousins is not a man. Cousins is not an immature man. He is a troubled human being and it's getting worse and needs, help he'll probably never seek, before it's too late for his career but hopefully before it's too late for him.

We've all heard what his problem is. He's dumb, he's immature, he has a temper. We've all heard the opinions about solutions to his problems and they aren't really even close to touching on the problem. His problem has a cause and an overlap effect. It's anxiety. The anxiety has stunted his emotional growth, the cause, and creates his "episodes" that seem like someone being dumb or immature, the overlap. Immaturity should get better with age without treatment. Anxiety doesn't get better left alone and gets worse a lot of times. Anxiety is hard to understand and I'm not saying when he gets fouled abd there's no call he has a panic attack or gets panicky or even feels anxious but anxiety can over take ones mind when triggered. Why does he continue to say the right things off the court but the wrong things on. Becuase the anxiety is triggered by something and he changes. He only sees what his anxiety wants him to see. In those moments he doesn't care about anything but the trigger. He doesn't care about the past, future, or what people think.

Again this is not a defensive opinion as I want to move on from him. I do not condone his actions at all. All I know is, hea troubled and needs help very very soon.
Andy himself couldn't have done better.

Sacramento Bee are a bunch of morons but Boogie HAS to be above this. Why even waste the energy? All the media around the Kings are poor tbh. Cowbell Kingdom are a bunch of clueless amateurs who think they are big time. James Ham has next to no basketball knowledge but somehow has the most access to organization, he's basically there to spin everything in favor of organization. Aaron Bruski is hit and miss, is right on some things and is laughubly off on others. Sam Amick is only credible writer who does work on Kings and he is more of a national guy.

Sacramento Bee are a bunch of morons but Boogie HAS to be above this. Why even waste the energy? All the media around the Kings are poor tbh. Cowbell Kingdom are a bunch of clueless amateurs who think they are big time. James Ham has next to no basketball knowledge but somehow has the most access to organization, he's basically there to spin everything in favor of organization. Aaron Bruski is hit and miss, is right on some things and is laughubly off on others. Sam Amick is only credible writer who does work on Kings and he is more of a national guy.
Cowbell Kingdom post Ham has been awful (or far worse for those who found it awful with ham). Amateur is exactly the right word.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Just can't seem to shake those demons that are inside of him huh? He is his own worst enemy & at the same time, his own worst critic.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just can't seem to shake those demons that are inside of him huh? He is his own worst enemy & at the same time, his own worst critic.
Aha! Demons speaking to him!? His own worst enemy? His own worst critic?

Multiple personality disorder! Boogie's a schizo! I knew it!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you're on Twitter, go read Aaron Bruski's multiple tweets on the matter. I'll try to copy them if I get a chance but no promises. Bottom line is Bruski (and at least one ESPN writer) have openly called out the Bee for being hypocritical hacks. Yes, I said ESPN. I'm getting the strong feeling the Bee may have just stepped into something they're not going to be able to get off their shoes as easily as they thought they could.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 8h8 hours ago
Re: the Cousins/Bee. To understand Furillo v. DMC you also have to understand Voisin and the Bee’s place in the Kings’ post-Vivek history.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 8h8 hours ago
They don’t have much, if any oversight. They play loose with the facts. They seem to drive damaging narratives at the behest of sources.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 7h7 hours ago
Whether it’s a relatively mild ‘why are we all getting worked up about Michael Malone’ nothing to see take

Giving a special somebody the credit when he got the girl (George Karl) and then just blatantly changing the story

cont...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
PDA didn’t like IT showing the Vasquez move up, even rode a party bus to tell fans he’s a bad guy. B knew the score.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Meanwhile, take any opportunity that you can to take a shot

Kings players shouldn't trust the offending group of Bee writers. They don’t exhibit a level of professionalism they themselves demand.

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 6h6 hours ago
To count up the big and little hacks DMC and anybody else in the crosshairs have taken - usually unfairly - would require you read for hours

cont...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cousins should be held accountable for his actions and he’s in the wrong here. But to not understand how they got here is ignorance at best.

Joe Davidson Verified account ‏@SacBee_JoeD
Two are columnists and voice opinions. The others - Jason Jones, Matt Kawahara, me, business writers - write news, notes, gamers, features

And some of the best in the business I might add. Nothing but respect.

(MOD NOTE: Bruski is referring to Davidson, Jones, etc. and NOT Voisin or Furillo.)

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 5h5 hours ago
There will be a certain fatigue to the DMC reporting here, too. It’s a copout but you’re definitely going to see it.

J W ‏@TheZebes 5h5 hours ago
@aaronbruski What do you mean?

The hell with it. It’s clearly not working. Trade the asset at $0.25 on the $1.

Also, I’d be shocked if there aren’t double digit GMs ready to make a deal. You’d have to be naive to think otherwise.

And reporting and naive typically don’t go hand in hand. So you can figure out pretty quickly where that heads.

Once again while Boogie clearly handled that situation in almost the worst way possible, can we not overlook the fact that the Bee has spent the last twenty years firing all its good reporters while somehow overlooking the fact that Voison has been fabricating stories and quotes for years and keeping her on payroll?
I don't think many here are overlooking it. Far more here are overlooking Cousins actions, excusing them in various ways.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think many here are overlooking it. Far more here are overlooking Cousins actions, excusing them in various ways.
For the most part, people are acknowledging that Cousins did not handle the situation right but properly pointing out the lack of professionalism or neutrality on the part of certain Bee "writers." The two are not mutually exclusive.

For the most part, people are acknowledging that Cousins did not handle the situation right but properly pointing out the lack of professionalism or neutrality on the part of certain Bee "writers." The two are not mutually exclusive.
Yup and I think those are fine. I'm specifically referring to Tetsujin's post about supposed ignoring of the Bee's writers and comparing that to the several here who have not even acknowledged Cousins was in the wrong.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As an aside, in case you missed it, looks like Voisin might have a new version of her Peja crush:

I don't know about anybody else but I feel like I need to take a very long shower with lots of soap and bleach after reading that.

As an aside, in case you missed it, looks like Voisin might have a new version of her Peja crush:

I don't know about anybody else but I feel like I need to take a very long shower with lots of soap and bleach after reading that.
Come on VF that's a spoof right? A parody article. Are you saying Ailene really wrote that article?

She is so hilariously un-professional and bizarre with the goo-goo eyes she makes at Peja, Rubio, Malachi. It's so weird and twisted

That's embarrassing to read. How this woman does this professionally is an absolute mystery. What a farce to journalism she is.

It actually makes me seethe to see pathetic pieces like this. Get a grip you creepy, inappropriate "journalist". Can you imagine the uproar if a male journalist was writing about a female athlete in such a creepy, disgusting way? Voisin is a joke.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Come on VF that's a spoof right? A parody article. Are you saying Ailene really wrote that article?

She is so hilariously un-professional and bizarre with the goo-goo eyes she makes at Peja, Rubio, Malachi. It's so weird and twisted
I'll be honest...I copied that from Twitter. It looks legit but you never know...unless you check the Bee website and I'm not willing to do that. I mean, why I should I bother to verify sources when they don't?

I'll be honest...I copied that from Twitter. It looks legit but you never know...unless you check the Bee website and I'm not willing to do that. I mean, why I should I bother to verify sources when they don't?
Yes it is real and I don't really see what the big deal is? It's actually a pretty good "behind the scenes" piece on him. I'm not a huge Viosin fan myself but I think you guys are just trying to find something against her. You get mad when she's too critical of DMC but then when she writes a positive article on one of our rookies, it's a problem?

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article90096842.html

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's embarrassing to read. How this woman does this professionally is an absolute mystery. What a farce to journalism she is.

It actually makes me seethe to see pathetic pieces like this. Get a grip you creepy, inappropriate "journalist". Can you imagine the uproar if a male journalist was writing about a female athlete in such a creepy, disgusting way? Voisin is a joke.
Give her credit, she finally managed to expand beyond her usual crush on young Europeans and moved on to simply a young guy instead.

So when man and society define manhood, it's not appropriate to confront someone in person to call them out for something oneself thinks is inappropriate behaviour and getting really emotional while doing that, but it's Ok to write about someone, one doesn't know in person on the Internet, to deny him his manhood and to call him dumb and a Person with a mental disorder? That without ever speaking to him, without any access to the person un an professional medical setting?
So this is appropriate and manly behaviour, how decades of man and society teach us?
Dude I don't know you, I don't want to call you out or judge you, you May very well be an honorable man and a great and loving dad or something, but to me this sounds weird.
All I know is, that no short Video published by someone directly involved in the incidents gives me the right to judge one of the involved parties. And certainly It doesn't give me the right to draw conclusions over a guys personality like Im his therapist or something. Im a Sports fan. I have every right to talk about everything, that happens on the court and I have the right to demand appropriate behaviour of the members of the team I root for, or else I can simply stop rooting for that team. That's my right as a fan and customer.
Everything else feels out of line and feels like hiding behind the phrase of the public figure and role model thinking.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

At one point, Cohen describes the Australian beauty as a “second semester freshman,” her clothes “simple” and her eyes “painfully blue.” He writes how hard it was to “peg” the actress: “The job of the celebrity journalist: peg ’em so it’s not only as if you know ’em but always have known ’em or someone just like ’em. But Robbie is too fresh to be pegged.”

After a discussion about how awkward it is to film sex scenes, it seems as if Cohen even admits to thinking some not-so-professional thoughts about the Legend of Tarzan star. “We sat for a moment in silence. She was thinking of something; I was thinking of something else,” he writes.

DeMarcus Cousins is mentally weak. I say that as a fan and supporter, but it's his Achilles Heel.

I think the Bee's coverage of the Kings in general and Cousins in specific is often awful and indefensibly so. Certainly Furillo and Voisin have fallen into that category repeatedly.

But the same part of Cousins that goes off on reporters in the locker room is the part responsible for him not keeping his composure after what he thinks is a missed foul call and leads to him not hustling back up court or committing an obvious retaliatory foul. Or getting himself kicked out of a game.

I can only imagine what kind of player he'd be if he was mentally tough and could ignore real and perceived slights to keep focused on winning games.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I can only imagine what kind of player he'd be if he was mentally tough and could ignore real and perceived slights to keep focused on winning games.
Maybe we'll get lucky, and the next evolution of Cousins' game is right around the corner? After all, Michael Jordan made a career out of wanting to bury people for offenses that he largely made up in his head.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
DeMarcus Cousins is mentally weak. I say that as a fan and supporter, but it's his Achilles Heel.

I think the Bee's coverage of the Kings in general and Cousins in specific is often awful and indefensibly so. Certainly Furillo and Voisin have fallen into that category repeatedly.

But the same part of Cousins that goes off on reporters in the locker room is the part responsible for him not keeping his composure after what he thinks is a missed foul call and leads to him not hustling back up court or committing an obvious retaliatory foul. Or getting himself kicked out of a game.

In the normal maturation of adults with this kind of problem, they calm as they get older. Now when I say older I mean in their 30s. Sigh.