Cousins vs. the Bee

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
“He is a bully, to be sure,” said Bee columnist Ailene Voisin, who has extensive experience covering the NBA, as well as the NFL and MLB. “He bullies everybody. He bullies his coaches, his teammates, team employees, reporters."

Gee, what a surprise. Voisin jumping on the bandwagon...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On twitter, the Bee is taking heat from most people. The thing is Boogie was complimentary towards Jason Jones I I read it right. Not so much to Voison and Furillo......not sure I can blame him.
I don't blame him in the least. Voisin is pointedly anti-Boogie and Furillo, who knows less about sports than my toaster, is even worse. This is disgusting for the simple reason the bias in the piece by the Bee editor is beyond obvious.

I've subscribed to the Bee since the 1970s. That stops tomorrow. With Twitter I can follow Kings news without having to ever look at a picture of Voisin again. I refuse to spend another penny on that rag.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
watching the video, I had some giggles. I can understand going off on the guy mentioning the scene in New York and his brother, not a legitimate question. The rest of them though...it's Cousins vs the Media for the hundredth time. How long before he confronts a play by play analyst for negative comments?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
These idiots are going to run him out of town

THIS (lack of appreciation from community) is the main threat to him wanting to be here
who is to say the next set of media won't anger him too? he is a very angry human being, he has mood swings....it is what it is. Vlade knows this, Vivek knows this, the rest of the NBA knows this, the media outlets know this.

On twitter, the Bee is taking heat from most people. The thing is Boogie was complimentary towards Jason Jones I I read it right. Not so much to Voison and Furillo......not sure I can blame him.
Both Voison &Furillo have made many negative statements over the years with no facts or sources to back them up, and are surprised that he doesn't like them. I have not always been thrilled with Jason Jones' coverage of the Kings, but I don't recall him ever making up facts to support a personal agenda like the other two.

Both Furillo and Voisin don't seem to understand the nature that the team needs Cousins more than Cousibs needs Sacramento

Both those idiots constantly are cavalier about him regarding trade talks etc as if Cousins choosing to be here as a FA in a year and a half isn't a crucial issue for the team

Not pinning this all on Cuz but plenty of athletes get antagonized by journalists, but most are able to handle it without it getting this far, never heard of Melo going after the NY press and they roost him on much bigger scale on a daily basis.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Both Furillo and Voisin don't seem to understand the nature that the team needs Cousins more than Cousibs needs Sacramento

Both those idiots constantly are cavalier about him regarding trade talks etc as if Cousins choosing to be here as a FA in a year and a half isn't a crucial issue for the team
Both Furillo and Voisin dislike Boogie because he can sniff out a phony a mile away. #LoyaltyIsLove for Boogie and he just cannot bring himself to play nice with someone who has repeatedly and consistently bashed him in print.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Always love when media complain to high heaven about how media is being treated. Somebody won't play, oh boy are they unhappy.

They sought out a war with DeMarcus Cousins. They got one. I have no sympathy.

Love how Ailene implies its bullying behavior for DeMarcus not to speak or answer questions from a reporter...yet somehow its not to use her and Andy's bully pulpit (name there for a reason) to revile Demarcus as a fat, lazy, no good cancer who should be driven from town with pitchforks and torches.

They are drama and click fans, not Kings fans :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is clickbait not news. And all talking about it does is reinforced their entire purpose which is to get people talking about it
So we should just sit back and let them think everyone agrees with them? Sorry, Celt, but that's crap.

The Bee has done this for a long time. They need to know there are a lot of people out there who do not agree with them. They're in trouble financially right now. Revenue is down, subscriptions are down. I received a call either Monday or Tuesday from the subscription department. They wanted to offer me a full daily subscription at a cost of only $0.40 more a week. (I currently get weekends only.) A paper with a healthy subscriber base doesn't make those kinds of deals.

I hope this hits them right in the only place that matters - their bottom line.

#SacBeeSucks

@vladefan21 2m2 minutes ago
I'm cancelling my @SacBee subscription. How about you? #SacBeeSucks

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Not pinning this all on Cuz but plenty of athletes get antagonized by journalists, but most are able to handle it without it getting this far, never heard of Melo going after the NY press and they roost him on much bigger scale on a daily basis.
Only other guy I can think of that goes off on the media consistently is Westbrook

I agree with Brick (historic moment), if you go to war with someone then don't play the victim when they respond back. The term is victim-aggressor, I believe.

Wish I knew what the Cowbell Kingdom thing was about.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
So we should just sit back and let them think everyone agrees with them? Sorry, Celt, but that's crap.

The Bee has done this for a long time. They need to know there are a lot of people out there who do not agree with them. They're in trouble financially right now. Revenue is down, subscriptions are down. I received a call either Monday or Tuesday from the subscription department. They wanted to offer me a full daily subscription at a cost of only $0.40 more a week. (I currently get weekends only.) A paper with a healthy subscriber base doesn't make those kinds of deals.

I hope this hits them right in the only place that matters - their bottom line.

#SacBeeSucks

@vladefan21 2m2 minutes ago
I'm cancelling my @SacBee subscription. How about you? #SacBeeSucks
Rage Against the Machine all you like in fact people should. Cancel subscriptions write letters to the sports editor or owners. my point is comment in the comment section of the online paper or even clicking the link is what they want. When good writing no longer sells papers it's replaced by this kind of garbage clickbait. The whole purpose of the clickbait is to get people to click and talk about what they see instead of asking for real reporting. So please ask them and Scream for real writing from reporters who actually are watching games.