Cousins over Lebron? Whaaaaa? (split from ECSF thread)

There is something hypnotic about watching LBJ play. He makes things look so easy that you (or at least I) don't realize how incredibly good he is until you hear the gasps of the opposing fans. The Cavs just might be able to sweep right into the finals...
I remember recently when a bunch of people would rather have cousins over lebron. I am a big dmc fan but they're on 2 different levels. Now that he's not a king I wonder what they think now.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I remember recently when a bunch of people would rather have cousins over lebron. I am a big dmc fan but they're on 2 different levels. Now that he's not a king I wonder what they think now.
I'm all for making things up but I don't remember anyone actually saying that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ah, but see, there's a whole context to that statement there that goes beyond just blanketly stating "Kings fan said he wouldn't trade Boogie for Lebron". In terms of team building and looking forward to the next ten or so years, you can at least squint and see the argument that Boogie has more years of productive basketball left in his body that has-played-1000-games Lebron. Now of course, that argument doesn't take into account the fact that Lebron is a mutant cyborg sent here from the 30th century and is still some how getting even better at basketball despite hitting an age where most normal human beings would start slowing down, and Lebron is pretty much the one player in the league (and one of only a few to ever suit up) who can turn your crappy team into an instant championship contender simply by virtue of being on your roster.

While I agree that's still a stupid argument to make, it's not as simple as "someone said Boogie is better than Lebron" or whatever

Ah, but see, there's a whole context to that statement there that goes beyond just blanketly stating "Kings fan said he wouldn't trade Boogie for Lebron". In terms of team building and looking forward to the next ten or so years, you can at least squint and see the argument that Boogie has more years of productive basketball left in his body that has-played-1000-games Lebron. Now of course, that argument doesn't take into account the fact that Lebron is a mutant cyborg sent here from the 30th century and is still some how getting even better at basketball despite hitting an age where most normal human beings would start slowing down, and Lebron is pretty much the one player in the league (and one of only a few to ever suit up) who can turn your crappy team into an instant championship contender simply by virtue of being on your roster.

While I agree that's still a stupid argument to make, it's not as simple as "someone said Boogie is better than Lebron" or whatever
Lol. I said people on this board stated they would rather have dmc over lebron. You said I'm making things up. Not only did a moderator back up my statement but another person found the exact thread. Yet you still "uhhh, yeah but..." Just admit you were wrong. A simple my bad or oh yeah I forgot about that. Man up when you accuse someone of lying and are wrong.

But back on topic the question was asked to those who are able to take off the purple colored glasses off now that dmc isn't a king. Do they still feel dmc could lead the kings or any teams to more success than lebron. It's a year later than the initial thread and lebron is in another ecf maybe further and kings and pelicans didn't even make the playoffs.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lol. I said people on this board stated they would rather have dmc over lebron. You said I'm making things up. Not only did a moderator back up my statement but another person found the exact thread. Yet you still "uhhh, yeah but..." Just admit you were wrong. A simple my bad or oh yeah I forgot about that. Man up when you accuse someone of lying and are wrong.

But back on topic the question was asked to those who are able to take off the purple colored glasses off now that dmc isn't a king. Do they still feel dmc could lead the kings or any teams to more success than lebron. It's a year later than the initial thread and lebron is in another ecf maybe further and kings and pelicans didn't even make the playoffs.
Well, I mean, I never "accused" anyone of anything. All I said is that I didn't remember anyone saying anything, which, I suppose, in internet talk is akin to telling people to get raped by a pack of wolves and set themselves on fire. But if your feelings are so hurt about it, I'm sorry, I guess.

Well, I mean, I never "accused" anyone of anything. All I said is that I didn't remember anyone saying anything, which, I suppose, in internet talk is akin to telling people to get raped by a pack of wolves and set themselves on fire. But if your feelings are so hurt about it, I'm sorry, I guess.
That's not all you said .. you said "I'm all for making things up", which very much implies you accusing or insinuating that he was lying.

On a related note to the thread (didn't see this anywhere else), Cousins didn't make all NBA.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That's not all you said .. you said "I'm all for making things up", which very much implies you accusing or insinuating that he was lying.

On a related note to the thread (didn't see this anywhere else), Cousins didn't make all NBA.
I write stories and tell jokes for a living. If there is anyone who is all for making things up, it's me.

Meh. There's no arguing with someone who won't own up to it. I laid out in detail what happened and he either dismissed the facts or made up his own definition "accusing someone of lying". I'm done with it. It's just good to see other members backing up another with facts or logic instead of, you know, making stuff up :rolleyes: .

And yeah I saw dmc didn't make 2nd or 3rd team either. Still think he's the best C and should have made it over DJ

That's pretty telling that a guy can average 27/11 and not even make the 3rd all NBA team. I mean, this guy is a first ballot HOF'er, right?

That's pretty telling that a guy can average 27/11 and not even make the 3rd all NBA team. I mean, this guy is a first ballot HOF'er, right?
Well in all fairness Cousins is at a disadvantage whenever it comes to a media-based vote. That AD made first team was quite a surprise though considering he didn't win much more than Cousins did. Still, it shows you what a number of people around the league think of him, which may or may not be a more objective measure, but it tells you that it's never that straightforward with Cousins, and certainly not just about his talent.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Well in all fairness Cousins is at a disadvantage whenever it comes to a media-based vote. That AD made first team was quite a surprise though considering he didn't win much more than Cousins did. Still, it shows you what a number of people around the league think of him, which may or may not be a more objective measure, but it tells you that it's never that straightforward with Cousins, and certainly not just about his talent.
I mean, I have my issues with AD being listed as a center but it's hard to argue with him being all-NBA. Same with Gobert. The continued inclusion of DeAndre Jordan, who is an entirely adequate basketball player, is baffling.

Cuz in his prime, Vlade in his prime, I'll take Vlade. Vlade was a better basketball player though not near as talented as Cuz. LeBron is much more talented and a mch better basketball player than either.