Cousins off to good start on and off the court

"Basically our plan is just to make him accountable for everything he does," Monique had explained earlier while sitting in her seat midway up the lower bowl of the Kings' venue and watching the fifth pick of the June draft in action. "Our focus is to set guidelines and standards, and really hold him to higher standards than everybody else is. ... Just to be the best DeMarcus he can be every day."
The two resounding themes of Cousins' plan, according to all involved, are humility and patience. Being humble means avoiding opulence even if he's due to earn approximately $3.3 million this season. Being patient means remembering that no one expects him to help save the franchise before his 21st birthday, even if a recent injury to expected starter Samuel Dalembert has already sped up his learning curve that they would like to take slow.
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/07/demarcus-cousins-off-to-a-good-start-on-and-off-the-court/

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Good article. Makes me wish once again that Amick was back as the beat writer. No offense to Jason whose doing a fine job. I had the privilege of meeting DeMarcus mother at summer league. A very nice woman, who gave more time to Cruzdude and I than one would have expected. This article repeats some of what she said to me. Apparently the Kings are doing everything they can to make sure Cousins is getting all the help he needs to make the transition. His mom told me she was very happy that DeMarcus ended up with the Kings and with how the Kings were handling her son.

So far so good. Lets hope it continues.

"Having familiar faces around his new city certainly helps. That includes Otis Hughley, his former coach from LeFlore High School in Mobile, Ala., who was hired as an assistant following summer league in July. And while Cousins' 24-year-old sister, Ryan, was originally planning on living with Cousins, he is instead living with 22-year-old friend and former Kentucky manager."

Sister? Eeek

Lol great read.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
"Being patient means remembering that no one expects him to help save the franchise before his 21st birthday...."

Good article. I like that.

I think I need some of that Cousins support system to curb my impatience on him being out of NBA shape. It may find it's way into frustration and improper anger on this board.:p