College Bowl Games Pick Em

Discussion in 'Fantasy & Games' started by eMBarkat10n, Dec 2, 2017.

1. eMBarkat10n

eMBarkat10n Active Member

I was wondering if we had enough college football fans who would want to participate in a free confidence points pick em for the bowl games (ALL games)? If enough people show interest, I can take the lead on this bad boy and make it happen (very easy to set up).

Confidence points w/ NO point spread(s).

Let me know if you're interested and I will set this up. :)
  2. eMBarkat10n

Bump...

As I said in my initial post, if we have enough interest, I do not mind setting this bad boy up. :)
  3. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Well-Known Member

I’d be in
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  4. eMBarkat10n

I'll put you down for the pool. Hopefully we can get more Kings fans to join in on the fun. I always enjoy the bowl games. Bragging rights make em a little more enjoyable.
  5. VF21

VF21 #KingsFansForever Staff Member Contributor

I don't participate in "confidence point" pick ems. If that wasn't there, I'd be glad to join in. :)
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  6. eMBarkat10n

I can definitely start a non confidence points one as well, against the spread....if enough people are interested.....
  7. VF21

Against the spread? Why not just a simple pick the winner? Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand the need to tweak things. :)
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  8. eMBarkat10n

Because "just picking the winner" is way too easy, as most will bank on the favorites. Adding the point spread adds a new element to the game, as you will probably see more underdogs being picked, either because people think that they're gonna win the game, or will still cover the spread in a loss...
  9. VF21

Your game. Your rules. Carry on.

:)
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  10. eMBarkat10n

Since you seem to be (are) a nice individual, I'll make it a straight, no confidence, no point spread, pool. I'll still run the confidence points one, but will also open a non confidence, straight, pick em. No point spread. You're very welcome, VF21, and you can be the 2nd entry into the pool, should you wish. :)
    VF21 likes this.
  11. VF21

I'm definitely in. Thank you. :)
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  12. eMBarkat10n

College Bowl Games Pick Em - Confidence Points - No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, LoungeLizard
    College Bowl Games Pick Em - No Confidence Points, No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, VF21

If you want to sign up for either pool (both free and for fun/bragging rights), please let me know. Deadline to sign up will be December 15th, as the 1st set of bowl games kick off on the 16th.

I will use some kind of a weighting system for the non-confidence points pool, especially when it comes to both semi-final games and the National Championship game. All other bowl games will be worth 1 point, while both semi-final games will be worth significantly more, and the National Championship worth significantly more than those.

Please let me know which pool(s) you would like to participate in. My wish/goal is to make this an annual tradition, and I am more than happy to be in charge of both pools.
  13. Telemachus

Telemachus Well-Known Member

Normally I would join in, but I haven't watched any college football this year so I will pass.
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  14. eMBarkat10n

College Bowl Games Pick Em - Confidence Points - No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, LoungeLizard
    College Bowl Games Pick Em - No Confidence Points, No Point Spreads...Participants so far include: eMBarkat10n, VF21

If you want to sign up for either pool (both free and for fun/bragging rights), please let me know. Deadline to sign up will be December 15th, as the 1st set of bowl games kick off on the 16th.

I will use some kind of a weighting system for the non-confidence points pool, especially when it comes to both semi-final games and the National Championship game. All other bowl games will be worth 1 point, while both semi-final games will be worth significantly more, and the National Championship worth significantly more than those.

Please let me know which pool(s) you would like to participate in. My wish/goal is to make this an annual tradition, and I am more than happy to be in charge of both pools.
  15. eMBarkat10n

Both pools are free to join!!!

Let me know if you want in; Let's get some more KingsFans to join in on the fun!!!

16. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

ok so explain to me the confidence points system? If we aren't using spreads I think that would be more fun than just a straight pick em.
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  17. eMBarkat10n

You rank your predictions according to your level of confidence in the team you pick to win.

In a 10 game schedule, you will assign 10 points to the team/game in which you are most confident that your selected team will win, and you go down until you assign all 10 games a confidence point, with the least confident of your selections obviously only getting 1 point. If your selected team wins their game, you get however many confidence points you assigned to that game.

If your team doesn't win, you get 0 points.

You may not assign the same confidence point value more than once...

I hope that clarifies things up a bit...
    pdxKingsFan likes this.
  18. pdxKingsFan

pdxKingsFan Well-Known Member

Cool, put me down for that.
    eMBarkat10n likes this.
  19. eMBarkat10n

Sounds good :)