ClickTix - Frustrating

My season ticket holder partner and I have not measured up to Ranadive's standards for competence in using the automated system for managing our tickets. I have to transfer seats to him and he has to transfer tickets to me. We will have to do this all season but right now we are trying to do it for the first three preseason games.

For the first game tonight we think we have it done but nothing counts until the fat lady sings (the computer at Arco confirms it is done). For the second and third games attempts have been made but with no visible success (again, a confirmation by the Arco computer).

It seems the worst part may be the 41 remaining home games which has to be dealt with in the same way. I hope the rest of Ranadive's digital enhancements turn out a little better than this unsolved problem. Attention computer genious's, it may not be safe to deal with the Kings.

My season ticket holder partner and I have not measured up to Ranadive's standards for competence in using the automated system for managing our tickets. I have to transfer seats to him and he has to transfer tickets to me. We will have to do this all season but right now we are trying to do it for the first three preseason games.

For the first game tonight we think we have it done but nothing counts until the fat lady sings (the computer at Arco confirms it is done). For the second and third games attempts have been made but with no visible success (again, a confirmation by the Arco computer).

It seems the worst part may be the 41 remaining home games which has to be dealt with in the same way. I hope the rest of Ranadive's digital enhancements turn out a little better than this unsolved problem. Attention computer genious's, it may not be safe to deal with the Kings.
I would think the new owner and his peeps would want to know what you are experiencing and can probably make some tweaks to fix it. I'd recommend reaching out and sharing your frustration - they seem to want to maximize pleasure/minimize problems with the fan experience - they might just be responsive....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Have you called and voiced your concerns to your ticket rep? I would think that would be the better course to take. They're still working hard to get everything up and running and I know they're pretty much bending over backwards to solve any problems STH have.

Lots of ranting, but you don't say what's the problem? It's pretty simple to print the tickets to give to someone or email them to someone either through the system or email to yourself then forward them.

If your referring to digital cards only and no paper tickets that started last year.

The Kings use ticket master for the ticket system. It's not the Kings system and it has been around for several years.

Lots of ranting, but you don't say what's the problem? It's pretty simple to print the tickets to give to someone or email them to someone either through the system or email to yourself then forward them.

If your referring to digital cards only and no paper tickets that started last year.

The Kings use ticket master for the ticket system. It's not the Kings system and it has been around for several years.
Yes, it has and that makes such difficulties even more frustating. There are other factors involved. It's not Ranadive's fault but the point I'm making is still valid - the assumption that each of us adapts readily to the computerrized world is wanting. Our probleems are not solved although I assume my partner is at the game tonight. It also doesn't help if one has eyesight problems. It doesn't matter how brilliant one is if your finger can't hit a computer key or you cannot read an email or an insttruction and your dealing with a person whose limitations are unknown to me. Just a little or a lot of frustration. The OP was very satisfying and well worth being harassed in response.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
pshn80 - I'll ask again... Have you called your STH ticket rep? Let him/her know your frustrations.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Guys, keep it civil. Pshn80 has a legitimate concern and there's no need to bash him about it. (This refers to a couple of posts I have now deleted.)

Not everyone is technologically gifted. Some of this stuff is pretty confusing to a lot of us who were born before there were touch tone phones, let alone all the gadgets and gizmos available today. If you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, just say nothing.

pshn80 - I'll ask again... Have you called your STH ticket rep? Let him/her know your frustrations.
This. Call them and let them know it's an accessibility issue for a disability. They should be able to get you printed tickets. They will be the standard ticket master tickets.

What do you do last year?

I second the idea that you should call your ticket rep. They are usually very helpful. Their job is to keep the customers happy, so they usually bend over backwards to help, altho some of them are new and maybe learning the ropes. Heck, if that doesn't work send a tweet to Ranadive.

I second the idea that you should call your ticket rep. They are usually very helpful. Their job is to keep the customers happy, so they usually bend over backwards to help, altho some of them are new and maybe learning the ropes. Heck, if that doesn't work send a tweet to Ranadive.
LOL. This is like me telling staff to send me an email about their email not working. :p

Last edited:
LOL. This is like me telling staff to send me an email about their email not working. :p
You've got it or at least part of it. In the past days and again today I have tried a bit of each of you all' s advice and then some. About the time we think it is all fixed we find that one of us has screwed up again. Good news is that with the last minute help of our rep my son and I have IN HAND two tickets for tonight's game, our first of the season. Now all we have to deal with is the 41 regular season home games. Thanks all you folks for your suggestion, comments and chuckles.

Not everyone is technologically gifted. Some of this stuff is pretty confusing to a lot of us who were born before there were touch tone phones, let alone all the gadgets and gizmos available today. If you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, just say nothing.
it's definitely not a very intuitive system. there are a lot of screens to click through just to print or send tickets. I'm dreading going through this to send half the homes games to my partner.

Guys, keep it civil. Pshn80 has a legitimate concern and there's no need to bash him about it. (This refers to a couple of posts I have now deleted.)

Serious question, what's a touch tone phone?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Serious question, what's a touch tone phone?
A land line phone with buttons for each number. When you hit the button, each number emits a tone specific to each number. Your phone is probably like this and you don't know it. Listen to it when you dial a number. This is how the electronic rquipment knows which number you hit - the tone that is created.

Hope I'm right.

The type of phone used in my lifetime has changed pretty often. My grandma's phone had a crank that connected you to an operator who then connected you with the person you wanted. The operator might even know where the person was if they weren't home as you might guess. I'm from a small town. That's a long time ago. I even remember my first phone number which was 216. Pretty primitive by today's standards.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Phones used to have dials on them. When you dialed a number, a series of clicks went out. For example, if you dialed a 4, you actually heard "click, click, click, click."

Then, phones got buttons and were known as touch tone, as the sound sent over the line for each button was a different tone so the equipment would recognize the difference.

If you want to go way back into the history of telephones, there used to be big black (or brown) boxes that hung on the wall (often in the kitchen). When you wanted to make a call, you picked up the earpiece and held it up to your ear. You would wind a crank on the side to get an operator. You would tell her who you wanted to speak to.

The operator would send a pulse down the line to the proper home, who would listen for the right number of rings (combination of long and short) to get their call.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Phones used to have dials on them. When you dialed a number, a series of clicks went out. For example, if you dialed a 4, you actually heard "click, click, click, click."

Then, phones got buttons and were known as touch tone, as the sound sent over the line for each button was a different tone so the equipment would recognize the difference.

If you want to go way back into the history of telephones, there used to be big black (or brown) boxes that hung on the wall (often in the kitchen). When you wanted to make a call, you picked up the earpiece and held it up to your ear. You would wind a crank on the side to get an operator. You would tell her who you wanted to speak to.

The operator would send a pulse down the line to the proper home, who would listen for the right number of rings (combination of long and short) to get their call.
That bottom one is what my grandma had. VF21 is much younger than I so probably never saw one in person. Truth be told, my grandma was from a farm town of under 500.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That bottom one is what my grandma had. VF21 is much younger than I so probably never saw one in person. Truth be told, my grandma was from a farm town of under 500.
Why bless your heart... ;)

Truth be told? When I was very little, we lived in Freeport, CA (on my great-grandmother's farm) and there was a phone on our kitchen wall just like the one in the bottom picture. We were on an 8-party line. I got in big trouble more than once for listening into the conversations and making rude noises. :p

Where we're you guys when I was learning to use the crank phone? My grandmother's number was 308, my two cousins' numbers were 242 and 137R. Please don't ask me what my cell phone number is.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Where we're you guys when I was learning to use the crank phone? My grandmother's number was 308, my two cousins' numbers were 242 and 137R. Please don't ask me what my cell phone number is.
I was in rural southern Minnesota. My extended family was divided up between three towns within 20 miles of each other. My grandma had a party line of 4. Now with the NSA we all are in one huge mega party line, I suppose.