Charles Barkley on DeMarcus Cousins

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I included this vid with the grades from the final Lakers games. It starts with/is centered around Chuck and Webb and Shaq talking about DeMarcus at the All Star break:

Last edited by a moderator:
? Strange it works fine for me ... It's the Rookie of the Year video but Chuck talks about DMC at the 2:15 mark.
Have you tried actually clicking the link you posted? I'm sure it watches fine for you, but the link goes to this:

http://www.nba.com/nbatv/?fnbatv=1

For everyone else, see if this link works. I found this one through google, and it doesn't seem to change links like the OP.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/05/01/20120430_inside_4.nba/index.html

This bit at the end of the original link seems to be throwing it off "cat=catId%3A56"

Also, I agree with everything Charles says, especially the sign off: "Demand more." Not less, not make excuses. Demand more. That's the path to greatness.

Last edited:
Funny that in an interview with Grant DMC described "chuck" in less than favourable terms lol.
Would you like someone who told a national TV audience that you needed to lose 20lbs? It's even worse b/c Chuck ain't so slim himself. Not that he's wrong, DMC still has some extra flub.

Would you like someone who told a national TV audience that you needed to lose 20lbs? It's even worse b/c Chuck ain't so slim himself. Not that he's wrong, DMC still has some extra flub.
i wasn't passing a judgement, i agree with cuz on barkley. Chuck is fine for comic relief, but as an "analyst" he's awful. He flip flops on players he likes and hates, teams he thinks will win or lose, he knows absolutely nothing about college ball and still gets to sit in on it.

His only saving grace is when he sits oposite Shaq, who makes Chuck look like a basketball guru.

i wasn't passing a judgement, i agree with cuz on barkley. Chuck is fine for comic relief, but as an "analyst" he's awful. He flip flops on players he likes and hates, teams he thinks will win or lose, he knows absolutely nothing about college ball and still gets to sit in on it.

His only saving grace is when he sits oposite Shaq, who makes Chuck look like a basketball guru.
Hmm I'll have to disagree here. When it comes to NBA players I think Chuck knows what he's talking about. Sometimes he exaggerates things and all, but all in all I think he's spot on about a lot of things, and he isn't afraid to call out players for not performing at the level they are capable of.

Hmm I'll have to disagree here. When it comes to NBA players I think Chuck knows what he's talking about. Sometimes he exaggerates things and all, but all in all I think he's spot on about a lot of things, and he isn't afraid to call out players for not performing at the level they are capable of.
Fair enough, personally i just don't like his brand of punditry.

Except for the fact he said when he came into the league the vets got on him and he lost about 40lbs. And have you seen chuck lately? You know he's doing new commercials for a reason.

Except for the fact he said when he came into the league the vets got on him and he lost about 40lbs. And have you seen chuck lately? You know he's doing new commercials for a reason.
Yes, I've seen him and I've seen his commercials. He's lost weight, but he's not there yet. I'm also not going to take any stock in those commercials because hes wearing all black and the production has taken care to obviously make him appear skinnier. I'm talking about during his career. I'm not sure why you're paraphrasing this video for me. You can lose weight and still be fat, it just depends how fat you are to begin with.

Are you too young to have watched Chuck play? Because he was never about conditioning and it showed. The fact that he played most of his career out of shape and a midget was a testament to just how incredible Barkley was. If you are too young, then you can compare it to Pablo Sandoval. Amazing innate abilities, physical specimen, but too fat. Loses weight, but still fat. His career will probably be asterisked by what he could have been if he was at an ideal weight.

Yes, I've seen him and I've seen his commercials. He's lost weight, but he's not there yet. I'm also not going to take any stock in those commercials because hes wearing all black and the production has taken care to obviously make him appear skinnier. I'm talking about during his career. I'm not sure why you're paraphrasing this video for me. You can lose weight and still be fat, it just depends how fat you are to begin with.

Are you too young to have watched Chuck play? Because he was never about conditioning and it showed. The fact that he played most of his career out of shape and a midget was a testament to just how incredible Barkley was. If you are too young, then you can compare it to Pablo Sandoval. Amazing innate abilities, physical specimen, but too fat. Loses weight, but still fat. His career will probably be asterisked by what he could have been if he was at an ideal weight.
Guess you don't remember the middle of his career. He was in shape. You can google his pics in PHX.