Calipari rumor quickly debunked ... by CALIPARI

Kings lawyers poring over the contract to see if they can fire Karl with cause??? wow lol our company is a mess.

(edit - fixed typo, meant to say "with cause")

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Adrian Wojnarowski appears to subscribe to the "I'm going to throw a bunch of **** against the wall, and as long i say 'sources say,' i don't take a hit when it doesn't pan out... I mean, I'll take a hit in Sacramento, but who gives a **** about those guys, amirite? And, eventually, I'm going to be right about one of these!" method of reporting.

Welcome to the twenty-four hour news cycle, Kings Fans! Page hits >>>>>>>> accuracy. Why be right, when you can be first?

"Calipari signed a seven-year, $54 million extension a year ago to stay at Kentucky. He turned down an eight-year, $60 million-plus offer to run the Cleveland Cavaliers before LeBron James made his return in free agency last year"

I don't understand? If he is on a 7 year extension with Kentucky how can he come to Kings?

Does NBA Contracts trump college contracts, is there an NBA exception to his Kentucky contract?

The part about vlade and other gms being frustrated is very believable considering his inexperience. This reminds me of when the maloofs talked to phil jackson. Even tho there are many who dont like karl, the fact that we keep hitting the reset button or attempting to makes us look horrible.

Cal is an excellent recruiter, but an average at best coach. Everyone is getting paid and already went through draft process in the pros.

Woj himself told in his recent interview, that the way he operates, it's a two-way street. Looks like he has massive debt to Fegan, and is repaying it with zeal.

Vlade is running FO in Sacramento, so that's how I know, this is bogus.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings and the media are now like Cousins and the refs - they won't get a break for a long time to come. Is this report true? Is it not true? Doesn't matter in one sense - it continues to cast the Kings as a clown show.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Adrian Wojnarowski appears to subscribe to the "I'm going to throw a bunch of **** against the wall, and as long i say 'sources say,' i don't take a hit when it doesn't pan out...
No, I'm about 99.9% sure he's carrying Fegan's water on this one. The strategy is to continue to drop embarrassing reports on us until we give in and trade Cousins to the Lakers. And since Fegan has Woj wrapped around his little finger, Woj has no choice but to run this crap, even when he knows it's crap.

At this point, I'm not going to be optimistic about retaining Cousins until/unless he fires Fegan. Either Boogie wants to work it out in Sacramento and his agent is actively hampering that (ergo, fire him) or he's on board. Well, I'm waiting for the sign that Cousins isn't on board with this. But since it isn't stopping...

No, I'm about 99.9% sure he's carrying Fegan's water on this one. The strategy is to continue to drop embarrassing reports on us until we give in and trade Cousins to the Lakers. And since Fegan has Woj wrapped around his little finger, Woj has no choice but to run this crap, even when he knows it's crap.

At this point, I'm not going to be optimistic about retaining Cousins until/unless he fires Fegan. Either Boogie wants to work it out in Sacramento and his agent is actively hampering that (ergo, fire him) or he's on board. Well, I'm waiting for the sign that Cousins isn't on board with this. But since it isn't stopping...
Or it might be
Vlade: "Ok, everyone cool down, I'm going to build trust step by step"
Boogie: "I don't care anymore and want Karl gone. At this point you have to choose one, who stays."

Me thinks Cuz really wants no part of playing for Karl.

That's the root of the issue. Someone on our end is going to have to fix it. That's what it boils down to.

Correct that mistake or adios Cuz.
Yeah, Cuz wants out. If things keep going this way, the organizations rep will be so badly damaged that the Kings will have problems just doing regular basketball business like signing free agents. That's Fegans strategy obviously. We can't really fire Karl without more turmoil and can't keep Cuz without more embarrassing leaks and rumors.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
of course none of us know how much input DMC has on Fegan's plan. He says he want to be here so I'll take him at his word. It is entirely likely this is now a feud between Fegan and the Kings org and now has little to do with DMC at all. I would love to see DMC fire him... maybehe could hire Duane "The Rock" Johnson ;)

Jeff Zillgitt retweeted
John Calipari ‏@UKCoachCalipari
6m6 minutes ago
Since he bought the team, @Vivek and I have talked on and off about @boogiecousins.
Jeff Zillgitt retweeted
5m5 minutes ago
.@Vivek has asked me what I thought about @boogiecousins and I told him he would be an all-star, and I was right.
Jeff Zillgitt retweeted
6m6 minutes ago
In the last two weeks, we’ve also talked a bunch about the draft and on draft day, obviously because of @ThewillieCS15.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No, I'm about 99.9% sure he's carrying Fegan's water on this one...
I see that as a difference that lacks a distinction. I don't care what his motives are. I don't even care what his sources' motives are. This is not real news; he's not compelled to tweet every ****ing thing a source tells him. My point is, in the days before the twenty-four hour news cycle, this never would have been reported. This is a bull**** non-story, that he's made into a story, because he needed content.