Buddy Hield - Western Conference Rookie of the Month

Great for Buddy! Hopefully all-rookie honors will ensure.

I like how Joerger is focused on developing him beyond scoring:

"He scores baskets so sometimes we think he’s playing great. I think he played great all around against Minnesota.”
By the way, anyone notice this quote?

“My role has changed, more a scoring mentality,” Hield said. “Trying to figure out how to lead this team to wins and that’s the reason why the ownership ... brought me here, to try get some wins. I know even with this year, starting in training camp, this offseason we’re going to work on it and try to build the right chemistry to get on the right track.”
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article142499244.html#storylink=cpy

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nice to see a King achieve an award even if it's for one of the worst draft classes in recent memory. I expect Buddy to fully commit to improve his ball handling in the off season because he all ready shows a number of different ways he can score the ball.

Nice to see a King achieve an award even if it's for one of the worst draft classes in recent memory. I expect Buddy to fully commit to improve his ball handling in the off season because he all ready shows a number of different ways he can score the ball.
Be careful Kingsboi, your post had a tinge of a positive vibe. You wouldn't want to lose your credibility around here by getting all warm and fuzzy on us!

He's a player for sure. Definitely underrated. I dont know that he is an all-star level talent or not, but he has many of the tools needed to be one. His shooting mechanics are only bested by stephen curry.

"He scores baskets, so sometimes we think he's playing great".

Kind of a weird quote. Probably out of context or just reads strange compared to how it sounded.
Is it?!

Joerger is basically saying there is a lot more to a game of basketball than just scoring. Media, fans, the PR machine of the franchise are wetting their pants every time Buddy shoots a 3 or goes on some of those scoring runs. Joerger is being level headed about it and pointing out that there are quite a few areas that Buddy still needs to work on to be a good NBA player. His shooting was never in doubt. With that stroke he will have a long NBA career. Joerger is trying to develop him into a more complete player on both ends of the court. People mostly only notice the scoring and think he is a future all-star. The kid still has a LONG way to go to just be a starting level SG on a good NBA team.

Buddy brings a lot to the table for a rookie. Besides his offense, he is a great rebounder for a guard. He defense is further along than most rooks. A little too much dribbles. He moves without the ball. He could add a few more assists, but the future is really bright. It seems like he is well liked by his team mates and has great leadership potential. He is better than a lot of people thought. Coach J is really a great coach with young guys.