Brook Lopez

I've wanted this to happen during the off-season. Smart+Brown+Kelly O+Amir Johnson (for cap)+Nets pick for something like Boogie+filler. Leaves us with the following in 2017:

Skal
Brown
Smart
Kelly O
WCS
Papa
Richardson
McLemore
Bogdan
Nets 2017 pick (likely top 10) (I'm sure we pick up their pick swap rights correct? Only makes sense)
Our 2017 pick (almost assuredly top 10)

Plus, we'd still have DC, Koufos, Gay and potentially Afflalo that other teams might want. Defintely could snag another first+a decent young guy at least for those guys.

There's 0 chance Boston would pass on this either. Gives them a dynamite starting 5 with IT-Bradley-Crowder-Horford-Boogie. We'd gut your depth pretty hard, Celts would still have Zeller, Jerekbo, Rozier, Gerald Green and a piece from us like Casspi or Ben. But who cares when you'd have the best constructed starting 5 (not most talented, but easily top 3) in the NBA.

The opportunity is there to make the right move, but Vlade won't do it. Likely goes down with the sinking ship with no real future plan. What sucks is that actually creates a really nice looking future team:

Smart
Richardson/Bogdan/Ben
Brown
WCS/Skal
Kelly O/Papagiannis

Great size at every position, oozing with defensive potential, has shooting. The only salary commitment we'd have to make to this core next off-season is resigning Kelly O, who is 1) a RFA and 2) probably costs 13-14mil/season. Ben would be up too, but that could be decided after he actually got real playing time and offensive opportunity.

No real franchise player, but maybe we'd actually get lucky for once and get a top 3 pick with 2 chances at it.
We all know the Boston deal would happen but let's not talk about this till January at least.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd rather have Robin than Brook. Oh wait, we had Robin, but we let him go for nothing. Another great move made in Kingsland.
That was courtesy of old front office personnel, they were very giving as we all witnessed in their short stint here. Let's not bag on Vlade and co. until we have something more to work with.

Homers have no grip on reality. You guys actually think this is a playoff contending team, lol.
You talk about having a grip on reality yet state "you guys" when neither myself nor Brick has made any such assertion. I certainly know that I haven't. If you believe otherwise, I challenge you to go find it.

When you resort to making things up, you haven't the right to talk about having a grip on reality nor labeling anybody a homer.