Bricklayer post-mortem (split)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? From the time I've been here (Lurking since 2009((do tell me if this was different before then)) dude has a massive superiority complex. His posts were frequently filled with stroking his ego and/or talking down on people with differing views. There's very few posters I ever immediately think of when hopping on a forum, but one of those very few ones was when browsing here and that thought was "Bricklayer is insufferable". And this right here proves how badly he wants to be right about someone so he can say "TOLD YOU SO!".
Post of the Millenium

I don't think Bricklayer left simply because Cousins was traded. I think it had something to do with a straw and a camel's back.
Brick was great... One of my favorite posters on the internet (Big Words). But to change teams because your favorite player changed teams..... weak sauce.
He said over and over it was about organizational incompetence. Say what you want about Brick, but the guy has values, and he stuck to them. In the team/fan relationship, the team crossed a line for him. Game over. Not hard to understand and no need to disparage the man for having a different approach than you.

Nothing ever stays the same. Embrace the change. He was a dominate personality who shaped the views and opinions of many on this board. We will get fresh perspectives from members who are every bit as passionate about the sport and team, but may have been overshadowed in the past. For every Boogie that leaves, there is a Fox to take his place. We'll be fine. Look forward to reading grades from whoever sacrifices their time to provide them to us.

dude12

Hall of Famer
He said over and over it was about organizational incompetence. Say what you want about Brick, but the guy has values, and he stuck to them. In the team/fan relationship, the team crossed a line for him. Game over. Not hard to understand and no need to disparage the man for having a different approach than you.
Correct, he's said it all along he would be done if they traded Cousins. Guys who are taking potshots at bricklayer can do so now without fear of him showing them up which he did most of the time. Seems pathetic.

Correct, he's said it all along he would be done if they traded Cousins. Guys who are taking potshots at bricklayer can do so now without fear of him showing them up which he did most of the time. Seems pathetic.
I’m not surprised with the mixed reaction to Brick. He had (has) tremendous insight and bb knowledge, but he was also an unapologetic alpha male and now he’s gone. I don’t like some of the cheap shots taken at him when he’s not here to respond. On the other hand, when is it okay to say anything disparaging about a guy who steamrolled over half the people on this board? What’s every bit as pathetic to me as the cheap shots is the small group of Brick Groupies who marveled at every word he said.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I’m not surprised with the mixed reaction to Brick. He had (has) tremendous insight and bb knowledge, but he was also an unapologetic alpha male and now he’s gone. I don’t like some of the cheap shots taken at him when he’s not here to respond. On the other hand, when is it okay to say anything disparaging about a guy who steamrolled over half the people on this board? What’s every bit as pathetic to me as the cheap shots is the small group of Brick Groupies who marveled at every word he said.
Taking potshots at other forum members.....there really aren't bricklayer groupies as much as those who appreciated what he brought. When Tyreke Evans was the talk of the board, I do not agree with is takes at all. When it came to Cousins, we were more aligned on that topic.

The original thread here was grades on which he did an even handed breakdown irregardless of who he liked. Calling people his groupies s a terrible look.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Good ole Brick.

I remember his posts bugged the hell out of me when I first started lurking on this board. But his Jim Rome shtick definitely grew on me. It didn't hurt that I was/am a huge Boogie fan, so I was on his side in a lot of those arguments.

Heck, you could say Bricklayer was the Boogie of Kingsfans! He was polarizing, a bit of a jerk, but brought a heck of a lot to the table with his grade threads, et cetra.

I miss both those cats!

This thread is turning into something like a eulogy for Bricklayer... haha..

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
He's gone, no need for anyone to take pot shots at members that aren't even here anymore. If he were to come back I would welcome him with open arms
Yeah, my post was meant to be a homage of sorts, but came off kind of snarky. I wouldn't mind Brick coming back in the least, myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.