Brad Miller is clutch!

I feel that Brad doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most clutch players, not only on the Kings, but in the whole NBA! Not only can he hit the big shot but he can find the open man while under pressure(e.g. the assist to Bonzi vs Minnesota earlier this year) He hit big shot after big shot tonight in the 4th and in overtime tonight including that circus shot which resulted in a three-point play, he practically put the team on his shoulders and carried them(with a busted thumb) in the 4th quarter vs Memphis last week, he hit the big game-tying three against LA after struggling the whole game. Last year, he hit a game winner vs Golden State (BTW, I remember he carried this team with something like 38pts and 17reb in that game, with Webber, Peja, and Mobley injured). And those are just a few off the top of my head.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Brad can also disappear into the woodwork...

The truth is somewhere in between "one of the most clutch players in the whole NBA" and "invisible."

Brad has been good for us in the 4th quarter, but it isn't difficult to raise the level of your game down the stretch when you haven't been contributing anything the other three quarters.

Last edited:
when he's on he could eclipse even Shaq (IMO), as he being a clutch he's not known. But there're how many 7 footers you can name except maybe Sabonis to sink 3 pointers, not mentioning his PG passing ability. I love his play, that's all about Kings offense that's left.

F

Fillmoe

sono said:
when he's on he could eclipse even Shaq (IMO), as he being a clutch he's not known. But there're how many 7 footers you can name except maybe Sabonis to sink 3 pointers, not mentioning his PG passing ability. I love his play, that's all about Kings offense that's left.
rasheed and dirk

sono said:
check the previous post

I agree with you. You won't find another center in the NBA with the same skillset as Brad, he is very valuable to this team. He can shoot the 3, pass, rebound a bit, hit the midrange J, etc. Great on the pick and roll, he is a unique player.

W

West_Gunslinger16

LaFrentz sank 7 3s in a game, he's a center right? But I don't think he's 7 ft tall. And I don't think he's better than Miller!

I always thought Miller was alot of times over looked for his plays down the stretch in games...

But as VF21 pointed out he can also head the other way at some times..

So i would just leave it the fact that he is a very solid 4th Q player, not a guy you feed the ball to but also not a guy you shy away from....

P

playmaker0017

As circusy as that shot in the 4th was ... he also airballed a major clutch shot.

I'm with VF21 on this one - he's not "mega-clutch" but he doesn't shrivel up.

Mehmet Okur can hit that 3 and has won many close games and buzzer beaters for Utah this season. I remember also he hit some clutch 3's as part of the Detroit championship team as well. But Brad definitely is a better passing center though.

playmaker0017 said:
As circusy as that shot in the 4th was ... he also airballed a major clutch shot.

I'm with VF21 on this one - he's not "mega-clutch" but he doesn't shrivel up.
you're not agreeing with VF21 then, because thats not what she said

P

playmaker0017

tradepeja said:
Perhaps I read her statement incorrectly.

The truth is somewhere in between "one of the most clutch players in the whole NBA" and "invisible."

Seems pretty dang similar.

T

thesanityannex

tradepeja said:
sounds like it to me. she said he's inbetween clutch and invisible. anything in between that would be agreeing. playmaker said he's not clutch and he doesn't shrivel up, seems to fit the bill.

I would probably describe him as "inconsistently clutch" as a shooter. Basically, he'll either hoist up an airball or a swish.

But he has been huge a few times, and he's received his fair share of props for it, IMO.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
tradepeja said:
Wrong.

playmaker0017 and I may not agree very often - okay virtually never - but that doesn't mean he didn't hit the nail right on the head with what I meant.

He's right; you're wrong.