Bogdan in action overseas

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by "The Serbian Sniper", Aug 12, 2017.

1. Kingsfan23

Kingsfan23 Well-Known Member

Coming off screens taking contested shots at the top of the key, possibly falling down trying to generate the whistle?
  2. "The Serbian Sniper"

"The Serbian Sniper" Well-Known Member

Good thing about Bogdan is that despite struggling from outside shooting (1/9 3pt) he still somehow had a good game. Had some nice assists (especially in the first half), he made some big baskets in the 4th quarter (1 three, 2 or 3 nice layups and some free throws) and played good defense on Bellineli (Marco had his worst game in the tournament) overrall.

Stats: 22 points (8/18 FG), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO for 32 minutes.

Serbia will play against Russia in the semifinals. We need him on fire in that game :D
  3. RussoTuristo

RussoTuristo Active Member

Serbia vs Russia should be a great game! I would like to see if Bogdan outplays Shved in this big game.
    Actually, I am surprised by Shved. He has been fairly impressive. It is strange that he did not make it in NBA.
  4. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Odd game for Bogdan. Made nearly all of his 2's and missed nearly all of his 3's.
  5. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Cusin has a cul de sac mohawk, doesn't he?
    kingsfan1984 likes this.
  6. Hallama

Hallama Well-Known Member

lol
  7. Tetsujin

Tetsujin The Game Thread Dude

8. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

I know, it's not the right thread, but... Doncic almost got a triple double against Spain.
  9. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

kingsfan1984 and VF21 like this.
  10. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

Clutch again against Russia.
    itzcoatl likes this.
  11. Hallama

Hallama Well-Known Member

Really impressed by Bogdan. Leads his team to the Euro Finals "Leader of the Horde" has to be the best nickname I've heard in a while. It's really down to Bogdan or Dragic for who wins the MVP of the tourney.
  12. itzcoatl

itzcoatl Well-Known Member

Nice win over Russia. Getting pretty excited to see Bogdan this year!!
  13. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

Bogdan sure has been a busy player, seems as if he is been playing non stop. It will be interesting to see how he handles a 82 game season.
  14. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

He's going to have like 2 days off then right into camp. Hope he knows what he's getting himself into.
  15. bajaden

bajaden Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to say that he'll be in shape. A bit tired perhaps, but ready to rock and roll.
    Suicide King likes this.
  16. kingsboi

kingsboi Well-Known Member

On the bright side, all this international experience he has gone through over the years can only do wonders for his game and for his team as well.
  17. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

He will be fine. Still young.
    Suicide King likes this.
  18. Joshoua

Joshoua Well-Known Member

Any highlights

He's averaging 19-5 I want my SG to be as versatile as he is and he won't be a negative on defense.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  19. biltalent

biltalent Well-Known Member

He is used to euro league schedules, I guess he is fine.
  20. Bosnian Diehard

Bosnian Diehard Well-Known Member

Serbia vs. Slovenia in the final of a Eurobasket, damn. Makes me wish we could see a Yugoslavian team today.
  21. kingsfan1984

kingsfan1984 Well-Known Member

Also getting more excited about Bogdan...starting to see a picture where Vlade fleeced Phoenix in getting Bogdan and the lower picks for Chriss.

Can't wait to see Bogdan in an NBA game.
  22. Joshoua

Skal and Chris's might end up being the same type of player idvtake Skal cause of a higher IQ and team play. Now add in Bogdan even if he's just a 6th man Vlade tool Phoenix to the wood shed.

So we're seeing Bogdan vs Donic a year before we see them play together I am giddy.
  23. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

Slavic basketball school still the best in the world.
    Serbia has lost 8 of the best 12 players who won two silver medals in a row, losing just against USA in the final, and still have the chance to win Eurobasket. We are talking about a 7 milion citizen country, smaller than NY city. That's crazy.
    I'm going to support Serbia just because they didn't give a fake passport to an American player as Slovenia did with Randolph.
  24. Tetsujin

Nothing has impressed me more about Bogdan than the fact that he's almost single-handedly pushed this group of the few remaining healthy players on the Serbian roster all the way to the Euroleague championships. I mean, aside from Boban, the only guy on the current roster who's seen NBA time is Ognjen Kuzmic and he most just spent time sitting around on the Warriors' bench or in D-League.

While his numbers haven't been as gaudy as Slovenia's stars, Bogdan deserves to be this tourney's MVP. Also, he's freaking clutch as hell.
  25. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Bogdan vs. Doncic!!! It will be a great game to tune into. I wonder if Bogdan guards Dragic or Doncic. It'll give us a good idea about how his defense will translate
  26. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Bogdan is a good, but not great 3pt shooter. I see him becoming a 33-36% 3pt shooter in his rookie year.
  27. Tetsujin

He's really more of a scorer than a shooter, if that makes any sense. Like Kobe, he can make almost any shot but he won't at the rate of a shooter. (I'd like everyone to please note that I am by no means saying Bogdan is the next Kobe or anything dumb like that)
    KestrelKing, Suicide King and VF21 like this.
  28. "The Serbian Sniper"

"The Serbian Sniper" Well-Known Member

Stefan Jovic, staring PG for Serbia, was injured yesterday against Russia. They say he will play (like Willis Reed with one leg if he needs too), but he injured his ankle and he couldn't walk after, so im not optimistic about him playing at all. And Jovic is great passer and defender, very important for Serbia. In that case our chances are lower, and that also means Bogdan will play point guard a lot. Facing Dragic and Doncic at backcourt, probably guarding Dragic. So if we want to be competitive tommorrow in the finals, Bogdan will really need to step up in all aspects - with defense, dictating tempo, creating for his teammates and himself, shooting, ...
    Suicide King likes this.
  29. Joshoua

I think he has to guard Doncic or Dragic
  30. SacTownKid

SacTownKid Well-Known Member

This could be a great running start for Bogdan heading into the season. Just stay healthy in this last game Bogdan!