Bogdan in action overseas

Discussion in 'Kings Rap' started by "The Serbian Sniper", Aug 12, 2017.

1. "The Serbian Sniper"

"The Serbian Sniper" Well-Known Member

Bogdan and Serbia started their action too. European championship is for 17 days, and Serbia played their first friendly game before that.

Serbia - Greece, 93-61
    Bogdan: 14 points, 9 asists (!!!), 2 rebounds, 5-8 FG (4-5 3pt) for 24 minutes. His highlight moves: Scored a three from 8 meters in transition (he was on fire), had one nice flouter and couple great assists. Overrall, great game for him.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. "The Serbian Sniper"

Another great game...

Serbia - Montenegro 82-71
    Bogdan: 25 points, 7-16 FG, 8-8 free throws, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks , for 32 minutes. Every of his moves were smart, he was making great decisions on the court, like, when to shoot, when to attack the basket or dribble or pass. Again, he had some great assists, and he could have at least few more, but teammates missed some layups... He played few minutes as point guard (mostly because Teodosić didn't play) and he showed us why he can be Point Guard if needed, and then, because of his wingspan, he blocked 2 shoots (both on 3pt attempts) and had 2 steals, just like good Small Forward would do :D
  3. Unglemeyer

Unglemeyer New Member

That block at 1:36 though
  4. "The Serbian Sniper"

And his highlights against Greece
  5. sterö

sterö Active Member

I think he'll definitely make an impact here next season. He's probably going to be one of our best player.
  6. gunks

gunks Well-Known Member

Pretty pumped to see how he does here.
  7. Sac.1989

Sac.1989 Well-Known Member

he's a very solid player, not flashy but can facilitate and score. He is a good shooter and i too am welcoming him with open arms.

If we keep Zbo and choose to start our vets we actually have a very well balanced starting line up with both defense and offense a feature.
  8. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates guys. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who appreciates it.
    FaStRmAn, pshn80, Spike and 4 others like this.
  9. "The Serbian Sniper"

Serbia - Poland 85-78
    Bogdan: 23 minutes, 8 points (3/10 fg), 5 assists, 2 blocks, 3 turnovers

I didn't watch the game, i guess he didn't have the best one, but i watched last 3 minutes. Serbia had 12 points lead 2 minutes before the end, and Poland came close to 1... and then, Bogdan took over. First, he set his teammate for a layup, then scored 4 fast points to close the game...
    King Baller and Suicide King like this.
  10. Suicide King

Suicide King Well-Known Member

A rough shooting night just proves he is, in fact, human. :D
    "The Serbian Sniper" likes this.
  11. pshn80

pshn80 Well-Known Member

Human? I thought he was Serbian!
  12. "The Serbian Sniper"

Tonight against Russia, he was just a bad basketball player :D Joking...

Serbia beat Russia, 85-75, and Bogdan had rough shooting night. I can't find stats, but i guess his FG was about 4 of 13/14, and for 3pt, 1 of 5/6. But he had 3 nice layups, couple of steals and at least 7,8 assists. He played as point guard again for 6,7 minutes.

In first two games, he had excellent shooting form and now in last two games, he was struggling from outside shooting. But in all 4 games so far, he showed great court vision ability.
  13. "The Serbian Sniper"

I found stats:
    14 points (5-16 fg, 1-7 3pt), 9 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 turnovers for 28 minutes.

I really like his assist numbers in last few games. Especially because its harder to make assist in Europe than in NBA (because of the European "assist counting rules"). I find big adventage for a team when someone from SG/SF position is able to create for others, plays PnR and run the offense.
  14. Latvia gonna beat Serbia in Eurobasket tbh. Especially without Teodosic.
  15. "The Serbian Sniper"

Serbia will be without Jokic, Bjelica, Teodosic, Raduljica and maybe Nedovic. So, Bogdanovic will have a lot of pressure because nation expects medal again.

Yesterday against Germany (Serbia won 87-56), Bogdan had another bad shooting night but another game with 5+ assists. I hope he will find his shooting rhytm for European championship.
  16. whozit

whozit Well-Known Member

Simple question, with so many players out is the defense focusing on him more?
  17. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

Don't they count passes leading to fouls though?

I feel like Bogdanvoic is a good, but streaky shooter. 22 games in BSL, he shot 32.5%. 22 games in Euroleague, he shot 43%. I remember him struggling with 3pt shooting in last year's Olympics. Pulling up the numbers, he struggled a lot vs. USA..went 1-12 in 2 games. I'm not worried about his 3pt shooting at all though. He's still a good shooter.
    "The Serbian Sniper" likes this.
  18. "The Serbian Sniper"

@206Fan
    Yes, but only on shooting fouls and if your teammate score at least 1 free throw. And in Europe, your teammate can't make a dribble after the pass. In NBA, you can make 3.

And comparing BSL and Euroleague stats, Euroleague is waaaay more important :D And 43% is great

@whozit
    Probably. Bogdan should be the leader of this team, but still, in Europe is all about teamwork, so i don't expect anything special from his stats. We will see... I think this European championship will be important for his confidence
  19. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

20. Hallama

Hallama Well-Known Member

BB lit it up in Serbia's first game. 30!
  21. Capt. Factorial

Capt. Factorial Cantry Member Staff Member Contributor

I'm ready for Bogdan to light it up for the Kings already!
  22. itzcoatl

itzcoatl Well-Known Member

23. Čarolija

Čarolija Well-Known Member

I watched the game and Bogdan turned it in. With so many good players missing, there is a bigger load on Bogdan than usual. He handled it very well the first game albeit against average opponent.
  24. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

25. "The Serbian Sniper"

That clutch three pointer over Porzingis........ :D
  26. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

itzcoatl likes this.
  27. Hansel

Hansel Active Member

http://www.livebasketball.tv

Here you can watch every match with English commentary for 7 euros a month (just remember to cancel the subscription at the end of Eurobasket)
  28. bajaden

bajaden Well-Known Member

As long as he has a ovic at the end of his name, I think historically, were good...
    kingsfan1984 likes this.
  29. "The Serbian Sniper"

Serbia lost against Russia (surprisingly a bit), 75-72.

Its too much offensive pressure on Bogdan (and Boban Marjanovic), but he handled that good today too. 19 points (6-14 FG, 3-10 3pt), 4 assists, 3 rebounds for 32 minutes. The ball is a lot in his hands (played as only PG couple minutes), he is making defensive effort too, but he would play a lot easier with Teo or Jokic... He was brilliant yesterday, but i'm not sure if he can keep that rhytm through this tournament.
  30. Joshoua

Joshoua Well-Known Member

His assists numbers are huge man that's like 4 extra assists over here the way the NBA stat pads players assists. I want him starting at SG we need multiple playmakers in the lineup it's not like he's a bad shooter either.