Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two minutes before the end of the game, the fans started throwing things at referees, so the break lasted at least half an hour while they emptied the stands. Unfortunately, just one "normal" situation in countries like Turkey, Greece, Serbia....

By the way - Bogdan had another 3pt attempt (12 seconds before the end) to tie a game, and he missed. But his self confidence is obviously very large :D Luckily, defense was awful there....
WOW! I'm sorry fans like you have to deal with that.

We are used to it :D for example, Greek Finals couple days ago are ended because Panathanaikos had big lead in 5th (decisive) game so fans started throwing pyros, torches at the court and stands just not to let their rivals celebrate.
Fans (or i should call them ultras) in some Europe countries are very different from US fans. In some way, it's a good thing (great atmosphere, bigger passion, bigger impact on results), but on the other hand.... not ! But we moved away from topic too much.... :D
Bogdan always played in crazy environments, and one of his favourite things is to silence the crowd. :D So give him minutes on the road! :D

First time i used google translate and made a mistake :D Not torches.... but pyros, some explosive stuffs (don't know appropriate words for that). And how did they bring all that into Arena.... Well, question for all "responsibles", unfortunately.

Wow, what a game for Fenerbahce and Bogdan! They were down by 14 two minutes before the end! Bogdan scored 8 points in that period, including game-tieing layup, 5 seconds before the end. They beat them in overtime, Bogdan finished with 23 points (2 clutch free throws in overtime too) and 9 or 10 assists! I will post his full stats tomorrow....the most important thing is....that is all over!

I wonder how much we'll offer him. At most, I'm thinking along the lines of 3 years $30million would be more than fair. By the time his contract expires, he's still in his prime at 28, 1 max contract for him if he performs well. Tomas Satoranksy got 3 years $9million. Satoransky isn't as good as Bogdanovic, but he;s another young promising Euro player. I wonder if the Kings will keep this in mind when negotiating a contract.

Do you guys think Bogdanovic would be ok with coming off the bench to start the season? I don't know how big his ego is, but him, Buddy, and Malachi are going to have to duel it out for starting SG. Clear favorite is Buddy right now, but Bogdanovic is right behind him.

I wonder how much we'll offer him. At most, I'm thinking along the lines of 3 years $30million would be more than fair. By the time his contract expires, he's still in his prime at 28, 1 max contract for him if he performs well. Tomas Satoranksy got 3 years $9million. Satoransky isn't as good as Bogdanovic, but he;s another young promising Euro player. I wonder if the Kings will keep this in mind when negotiating a contract.

Do you guys think Bogdanovic would be ok with coming off the bench to start the season? I don't know how big his ego is, but him, Buddy, and Malachi are going to have to duel it out for starting SG. Clear favorite is Buddy right now, but Bogdanovic is right behind him.
I think Bogdan will be starting at the 3 and playing a bit of point forward. Buddy, Bog and Malachi can all switch and play the 2 and the 3. There will be no logjam.

Bogdan is a born-winner, big competitor, always wants to play and win (!), to make big shoots. Sometimes can be "tough to handle" (for European standards), but he has the attitude of potentially great player. I think that he is aware of the fact that he would have to earn his spot and minutes, and fight for it. And i think it wouldn't be a problem for him. But also, he needs to have guaranteed chance to prove himself. In my opinion (of course, IF he comes), he could come of the bench and play about 15,20 minutes, and then if he proves himself, his playing minutes would raise, which means he would play at SF too, with Buddy on the court (he could play point forward too, his passing skills are improving).

Serbian medias are optimistic about him coming to Sacramento, and i am too. Maybe he (and Vlade too) wants to wait until the draft, because i believe that Kings plans depends on draft night too, and he wants to wait for Kings offer, mostly his potential role on the team.

I had read somewhere that "Vlade will know before the draft" whether Bogs is coming. But that doesn't mean WE will know necessarily.

Chicken or the egg - is it more important for Kings to know whether they have Bogs so they can draft accordingly, or for Bogs to know what the Kings have done in the draft so he can choose wisely. Somebody is going to have to trust somebody...

Bogdan is a born-winner, big competitor, always wants to play and win (!), to make big shoots. Sometimes can be "tough to handle" (for European standards), but he has the attitude of potentially great player. I think that he is aware of the fact that he would have to earn his spot and minutes, and fight for it. And i think it wouldn't be a problem for him. But also, he needs to have guaranteed chance to prove himself. In my opinion (of course, IF he comes), he could come of the bench and play about 15,20 minutes, and then if he proves himself, his playing minutes would raise, which means he would play at SF too, with Buddy on the court (he could play point forward too, his passing skills are improving).

Serbian medias are optimistic about him coming to Sacramento, and i am too. Maybe he (and Vlade too) wants to wait until the draft, because i believe that Kings plans depends on draft night too, and he wants to wait for Kings offer, mostly his potential role on the team.
You say:
a) Bogdan is aware of the fact that he will have to earn his spot and minutes, and fight for it.
b) He needs to have a guaranteed chance to prove himself.
c) He needs to know his potential role on the team.
Of course, of course! All reasonable expectations. But as Bogdan's agent, you failed to mention how much he will cost. So just spit it out and let's get it done.

You say:
a) Bogdan is aware of the fact that he will have to earn his spot and minutes, and fight for it.
b) He needs to have a guaranteed chance to prove himself.
c) He needs to know his potential role on the team.
Of course, of course! All reasonable expectations. But as Bogdan's agent, you failed to mention how much he will cost. So just spit it out and let's get it done.
Im waiting for Fenerbahce's offer for Bogdan, so i could raise his value here :D Your salary cap situation for next year really works for me and Bogdan :D

Jokes aside.... some medias here said that Fenerbahce will offer new (bigger) contracts for couple of players because they believe they can't keep Bogdan with them. However, i'm expecting that they will offer him new contract very soon.

Question, please.

Does the general Serbian fans and media want Bogdan to come to the NBA or do they want him to continue to play euro Ball?

Thanks

As far as i noticed, opinions are splitted. Some think he should stay and become Euroleague legend (just like they think about Teodosić situation, but they support whatever they decide), others think he is ready to compete with best players in the world. Next few years should be prime of his career and i think he should definetely spend them in the NBA... especially as Kings fan.

Teodosic waited to win his first Euroleague and he finally made it just the past year.

I'll be so surprised if Bogdan choose to stay in Europe.

Anyway I have lots of respect for those guys who prefer play Euroleague basketball instead of NBA basketball.

I'm thinking 4 years and $40 million, since Kings will get a little more pressure from the new sponsors of Bogdan's current team.

Status
Not open for further replies.