Bogdan Bogdanovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its the rookie scale only. They could not pick up his option after 1 year, but then he becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Hmm that's a bummer. Well it all depends on how much he wants to come to NBA then. If he really wants to come and play against the best, he will need to take a pay cut.

Unless he waits until next year, as explained above. Which is why he's waiting until next year.
It's the smart play. Why settle for the rookie scale if you don't have to?

The nice part for the Kings is that he'll still likely outperform the contract he gets when/if he comes over because he'll get more than the rookie scale but less than his NBA value because he's coming from another league and thus unproven to some extent.

I don't know that Bogdanovic is NBA starter material but I think he should be a high level reserve with the possibility of being more.

It would seem that coming over now would be best option for him. How much could he really expect to get offered next year with never played against NBA level talent. Come over now prove your worth this year and go for the big payday next year. If he lives up to hype it could be good pay day vs. coming. Next year it's still just hype.
That is the worst possible thing he could do for a number of reasons

1. He locks himself into a pretty small 4 year deal. He earns more in Europe easily.
2. He is under contract for another year with Fenerbahce so if he comes over straight away he is going to play for peanuts because he will have to cover most of that buy out since the NBA teams are only allowed to play up to $500k towards a buyout.
3. If he lets his contract run out, there is no buyout and he gets to negotiate his price. He will get big offer from European clubs so he will get comparable money from NBA teams no doubt about it at all. He will at least get MLE type money. He is a ready made player.

It would be a financial and career suicide for him if he comes over for next season. A year makes so much difference. I suspect we prefer that he comes next year since we are not planning on having any picks in the 1st round.

Well being 25 and coming into the league from Europe isn't the same thing as coming into the league out of college. He's been playing against grown men over there. He's considered one of the best players in Europe, and apparently Vlade tried to get him last offseason but failed. He's very long at 6'6" with a 6'11" wingspan, and is considered a good athlete. Most scouts think that with the proper coaching, that defense could be one of his attributes. Remains to be seen of course, but with Joerger being a defensive minded coach, one has to believe he'll get the most out of him in that area.

I won't start worrying about his age until I find out if he's someone I want around for 10 years or not. I never did get this age thing, especially coming out of college. How long does the average player spend on one team. Lets say he's everything were looking for in a player, and he's only productive till he's 35 years old. That's ten years from when he enters the league. I may not even be alive then. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. To me, it's much ado about nothing.
That's where his age comes to play for me, when someone tell me that an 18/19 year old has defensive potential for example- I can see him developing to be that guy.
A 25 year old with "potential" seems far less likely to develop, it can happen but at that age with such experience he is far closer to a finished product.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bogdanovic is worth waiting for one year. He is superbly skilled and plays for one of the best coaches in Europe, if not the best, Zeljko Obradovic. He knows what discipline is. He will be a great addition to the Kings roster.
By the way, when they tried to bring Obradovic to the NBA, he was refused to be interviewed. He said: They know who I am.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bogdanovic is worth waiting for one year. He is superbly skilled and plays for one of the best coaches in Europe, if not the best, Zeljko Obradovic. He knows what discipline is. He will be a great addition to the Kings roster.
By the way, when they tried to bring Obradovic to the NBA, he was refused to be interviewed. He said: They know who I am.
Before going to Fener, Bogdan played for another coach that is known as a demanding disciplinarian in Duško Vujošević. In one game against an arch rival red star in which Bogdan got a technical foul late in a very close game, Vujošević proceeded to choke Bogdanović.

Before going to Fener, Bogdan played for another coach that is known as a demanding disciplinarian in Duško Vujošević. In one game against an arch rival red star in which Bogdan got a technical foul late in a very close game, Vujošević proceeded to choke Bogdanović.

Wow! That coach pulled a Sprewell on him. He's lucky he didn't get knocked out.

OMG :eek: ... May be that's why Duško Vujošević failed so bad and fast in CSKA ...

....I wonder how much Bogdanovic gets next year with the new cap rises. He's not proven at the NBA level yet, so I'm thinking 2 years $14million?

Kings would probably demand 3 years to make sure they have his Bird Rights. Possibly with a team option after 2 in case he doesn't adapt to the NBA.
I wonder how much him and his agent will ask for. While he's proven in Europe, he hasn't proven a thing in the NBA. I think that's what Vlade will use against him. I think if it's a 3 year deal, it'll be north of 7mpy.

I don't know that he deserves that much.

Always great to add talent, but him waiting a year wouldn't be horrible.

If they don't trade Ben, I'd like to see how he does with lower expectations and a real coach.

Yes heard he wants to come over, but get the feeling agent will talk him into waiting one year. Still maybe the Vlade/Peja Serbian connection is tugging at him.
How much money has he made in Europe? Probably a decent amount right?

Who knows, maybe the dude is just ready to play better competition. Yea he makes more money if he comes over next year, but he also gets to FA one year sooner if he gets here this season. If ends up being a stud, he's going to make hell of a lot more money than the likely $6-7 mill we pay him next season.

damn, got carried away. would be nice. and pushes ben even further out thee door i guess.

would be nice to trade mclemore to a team with a decent steady young pg. satoransky is also coming over. he wouldve been a good fit, i guess.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
And if this is right : http://www.talkbasket.net/salaries

Wouldn't he be making the same if he played here in the states next year? Or pretty close at least?
Yeah, looks like it would be approximately similar. The question isn't what he would make if he comes over this year, the question is how much MORE he could make if he waits until next year. He'd make about $6M over the next four years if he comes over now. But if he waits one year, he'd make...what, maybe $30M over the next four years, or even more given the crazy contracts we're seeing AND a cap increase again next year? He'd be leaving a lot of money on the table to come over now. And doing us a huuuuuge favor.

Sacramento Kings–‏@Kings_Spain
Bogdan Boganovic has expressed his
desire to play in the NBA next season. @LeaderOfHorde , Here we are waiting
Wait a minute who is that that tweeted? And by next year is that this next year? That would be awesome if he came now. Wouldn't make sense money wise for him but awesome for us lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.