Beverley & Oladipo

This idea was created with the idea to minimize the risk and acquire players that are on longer deals that will be in Sacramento for awhile. Hopefully, by the time their contracts are up, hopefully we are a more attractive free agent destination.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade #1
Magic Get: #8
Magic Give: Victor Oladipo

Kings Get: Victor Oladipo
Kings Give: #8

Orlando gets out of paying both Fournier & Oladipo while moving forward with wings that compliment Payton better (Hezonja/Fournier). Kings get a solid, defensive SG who can also be an additional scoring option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade #2
Celtics Get: Kosta Koufos
Celtics Give: #35

Nuggets Get: Ben McLemore
Nuggets Give: #19

Rockets Get: #19 & #35
Rockets Give: Patrick Beverley

Kings Get: Patrick Beverley
Kings Give: Ben McLemore & Kosta Koufos

Celtics get a solid defensive center to help their defense even more.
Nuggets take a swing at McLemore with a mid/late 1st round. McLemore also played his best under Malone.
Rockets cash in on Beverley who is 28 for a couple picks to help retool around Harden
Kings get a defensive, 3pt shooting PG that compliments the rest of the team and gives them PG insurance.

PG - Beverley/Collison/Curry
SG - Oladipo/Belinelli
SF - Gay/Casspi/Butler
PF - Cauley-Stein
C - Cousins

We'd still have around $25.6 mil in cap space (~31 mil if we dump Belinelli), so we could grab guys like S. Hill, R. Anderson, Aldrich, & Acy in free agency.

PG - Beverley/Collison/Curry
SG - Oladipo/Hill
SF - Gay/Casspi/Butler
PF - Cauley-Stein/Anderson/Acy
C - Cousins/Aldrich

Collison will be in his contract year. No matter his professionalism you're not going to get a happy Darren, sticking him behind another small PG, who he cannot get on the floor with, unless you want trouble defensively. I think, if Kings are not planning on starting Collison, they should trade him or at least get a big PG.
Would love Oladipo to start at #2, but it's not happening for #8.

Collison will be in his contract year. No matter his professionalism you're not going to get a happy Darren, sticking him behind another small PG, who he cannot get on the floor with, unless you want trouble defensively. I think, if Kings are not planning on starting Collison, they should trade him or at least get a big PG.
Would love Oladipo to start at #2, but it's not happening for #8.
You don't know that. And he can play on the floor with him. The defense & shooting would be better with a Beverley/Collison pairing vs. a Rondo/Collison pairing which leads me to think it would be more effective this time around. Obviously they are both small PGs and could run into issues against certain matchups but there is no rule saying we have to play them together for 10 minutes a game. You pick and choose the matchups while having solid PG depth, improving your PG defense, & gaining insurance in case anything does happen to Collison.

Also, I think you will find that it will be difficult to move Collison right now with his legal issues. I don't think that's a realistic option right now.

There is not even the slightest smidgeon of a chance that the Magic would trade Oladipo for 8.
That's fair. I had a feeling I was undervaluing him a bit as well.

I would consider rerouting Collison to add value but I don't really think he's going to be very movable right now with his current legal issues unless a team is valuing him as a way to dump salary or as en expiring.

We could reroute Gay to add value considering Oladipo could act as a supplemental scorer while Casspi could replace him in the starting lineup. I think if we were to put a couple trades together that has us giving up Gay/McLemore/#8 for Beverley/Oladipo/???, we'd be in a good spot.

To @Gilles point, if you do acquire Beverley and you're not wanting to have a "logjam" or have them play together on the court, you could potentially try to move Collison. Easier said than done with his legal issues.

I could see Brooklyn potentially being interested as they could use it to dump some salary on us (cap space that we may not be able to fill effectively during FA).

Collison for Thaddeus Young
-Gives us a stretch 4 behind Cousins/WCS.
-Not just a jump shooter but can help score
-Okay defender (unlike Anderson)
-Contract isn't too bad vs. what Anderson would cost ($15-17 mil)
-Still only 28 years old

or

Collison/Koufos for Brook Lopez
-Gives us a great bench scorer
-Cauley-Stein compliments both Lopez & Cousins
-Cousins & Lopez may struggle a bit defensively but both could dominate the post on the other end
-Cousins & Lopez can both shoot too which would help with each other's spacing
-Contract expires the same year Cousins would get paid
-Still only 28 year old

I think I wold be more inclined to make the Young trade, move Gay/McLemore/#8 for Beverley/Oladipo, Sign Solomon Hill, Resign Curry, Resign Acy, & fill out the rest of the deep bench.

PG - Beverley/Curry/FA
SG - Oladipo/Belinelli
SF - Casspi/Hill/Butler
PF - Cauley-Stein/Young/Acy
C - Cousins/Koufos

Then next year, you could look too move Belinelli & Koufos for some extra cap space & take a swing at bringing in Jrue Holiday. Hopefully by this time S. Hill will have become a full on 3 and D wing. Then you resign Oladipo & Casspi and move forward with the following roster:

PG - Holiday/Beverley/Curry
SG - Oladipo
SF - Hill/Casspi
PF - Cauley-Stein/Young/Acy
C - Cousins

When thinking about trades it's important to look at it from the other teams prospective. Nets would be able to get much more then what is being proposed for either of those players from other teams. The Nets wouldn't trade either player for Rudy Gay never mind for two career back up players

When thinking about trades it's important to look at it from the other teams prospective. Nets would be able to get much more then what is being proposed for either of those players from other teams. The Nets wouldn't trade either player for Rudy Gay never mind for two career back up players
didn't want to burst the bubble but thank you

Ohhhhh that's how trades work. I've been wondering for quite some time. I'm glad someone with so much basketball intelligence was able to fill in the gap for me...:rolleyes:

Both trades are of the assumption that the Nets are looking for a salary dump to give them more cap space to acquire long term players. I don't care that they traded away many of their picks, they're not good enough to compete with the current core so they should be in the business of acquiring long term assets. The extra cap space gives them the ability to do just that.

If you want to argue that Lopez and/or Young are going to be around when Brooklyn has the ability to be a legitimate competitor, go right ahead, but all I see are two guys that are going to be out of their prime by the time Brooklyn is ready to compete again.

Having said that, you could reroute Collison or Collison/Koufos to a third team with a pick or two going to Brooklyn. That way they get their salary dump and pick up some prospects that have a chance to be a part of the core when they turn the team around.

Ohhhhh that's how trades work. I've been wondering for quite some time. I'm glad someone with so much basketball intelligence was able to fill in the gap for me...:rolleyes:

Both trades are of the assumption that the Nets are looking for a salary dump to give them more cap space to acquire long term players. I don't care that they traded away many of their picks, they're not good enough to compete with the current core so they should be in the business of acquiring long term assets. The extra cap space gives them the ability to do just that.

If you want to argue that Lopez and/or Young are going to be around when Brooklyn has the ability to be a legitimate competitor, go right ahead, but all I see are two guys that are going to be out of their prime by the time Brooklyn is ready to compete again.

Having said that, you could reroute Collison or Collison/Koufos to a third team with a pick or two going to Brooklyn. That way they get their salary dump and pick up some prospects that have a chance to be a part of the core when they turn the team around.
I agree here with the premise that the best route forward for us is to try and nab some players from teams motivated to make salary dumps. Who knows about the Nets deal, but this is the wheelhouse the Kings should be operating from to take advantage of the increased cap instead of having FAs as the priority