Ben McLemore

There is no way the Kings can afford the future money, the roster spot or the court minutes for Ben anymore.

There's simply too much of a log-jam of players there, and the downsides of Ben (defense, IQ, clumsiness, rookie mistakes, etc) overwhelm the positives (shooting... sometimes) that he brings.

With Buddy Hield the obvious future starting 2 guard (ignoring Tyreke), and Temple and Malachi firmly etched into the backup 2 spot, and there's no freaking way Ben can play the 3 (anyone watch him get absolutely destroyed by Gallinari?), he doesn't have a spot on the team anymore, even if he's finally sputtering to life lately.

Too little, too late for Ben.
He is what he is - a colossal waste of serious investment by the franchise.
He didn't come through in FOUR years, and now the only way to benefit from him is if they somehow get value in trading him (during a qualifying offer?).

There is no way the Kings can afford the future money, the roster spot or the court minutes for Ben anymore.

There's simply too much of a log-jam of players there, and the downsides of Ben (defense, IQ, clumsiness, rookie mistakes, etc) overwhelm the positives (shooting... sometimes) that he brings.

With Buddy Hield the obvious future starting 2 guard (ignoring Tyreke), and Temple and Malachi firmly etched into the backup 2 spot, and there's no freaking way Ben can play the 3 (anyone watch him get absolutely destroyed by Gallinari?), he doesn't have a spot on the team anymore, even if he's finally sputtering to life lately.

Too little, too late for Ben.
He is what he is - a colossal waste of serious investment by the franchise.
He didn't come through in FOUR years, and now the only way to benefit from him is if they somehow get value in trading him (during a qualifying offer?).
What did you see that makes you think Malachi is firmly etched as the backup?

Ben is still only 24 years old. I would keep Ben and trade Temple, if it came down to the two of them.

While I love Temple's heart, he is 30 years old and Ben has a much higher ceiling.

I think Ben can play the 3, if Buddy Hield is your 2. Or Ben can be a super sub between 2/3 swing position.

I don't think you let him go after developing him for so many years, just as he's starting to find himself.
The issue with Ben will come down to size. As you saw in the Denver game, he can't play SF and doesn't have the skills to play PG although he's developed a very solid pick and roll game for a SG. The difference with the others at that spot is they can realistically swing to two positions and Bogdan might swing to three. Temple can play PG to SF and is more of utility player. He fits the "positionless" mold. Ben needs to be on a team where he can play SG full time because that's what he is.