Bee coverage of Kings

Several changes this week. First Ailene Voison is off the banner for Kings coverage. Now it shows only Jason Jones. Also I noticed a new by-line on a Kings article today - Brian Blomster. Anyone know if there has been a change?

I will miss Ailene's objectification of our players and their bodies. Now how will I know who has rippling biceps on our team?
That could get borderline creepy.

Here's a description of Mike Bibby from the old days.

"If he looked different - his pecs and biceps having hardened into expanded mounds of thickened flesh - it was sculpture by design."

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Does anyone still get their Kings news from the Bee? Arena news yes, but Kings? I haven't in awhile.

Much more comes out on twitter and much quicker. Newspapers are dying a slow death. By the time info is published it's old news to anyone with even the most basic of internet knowledge for the most part. And I don't remember Jason Jones breaking any news whatsoever since his arrival.

I know top reporter at The Bee who has been there for decades and he told be couple months ago a lot of changes are planned. Cut backs across the board, consolidation, new online direction, new advertising strategy, etc. He said no ones job is safe including him and he's been there since early 90s. BTW, what does Marty McNeal do nowadays since let go at Bee around five years ago? He still attends Kings games in some official capacity it seems.