Baby blues back as retros for final year at STA

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
interesting reaction.

There's a certain full circle symmetry given the imminent decommissioning of the old barn, but I see those jerseys and I might just reflexively walk up, kick one of our guys in the nads, and take his lunch money. The ultimate wuss color, throwing back to the ultimate wuss days of a wussy franchise. grrf.

interesting reaction.

There's a certain full circle symmetry given the imminent decommissioning of the old barn, but I see those jerseys and I might just reflexively walk up, kick one of our guys in the nads, and take his lunch money. The ultimate wuss color, throwing back to the ultimate wuss days of a wussy franchise. grrf.

I like 'em for nostalgia and owned powder blue (my preferred term) #24 Theus jersey since mid-80s. Still in mint condition along with home white version purchased when Reg coached Kings - never wore still with new tags attached. theus_i.jpg

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I don't care. It's all marketing BS.

Rather win in the old booty shorts with knee high socks and pit stains than lose while being fashionable.

Actually, new rule proposal. If you don't win 30 games you have to play in skirts the next year. That'll add a little more incentive to turn this thing around.

interesting reaction.

There's a certain humiliation about getting beaten by a squad dressed in those uni's.

And there's a certain swag that inherently goes along with winning in them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I get all the ties back to the first season, including our first home game against the Clippers and our last home game against the Thunder (Sonics). I don't really care what jersey they play in for 9 games. I do agree with rainmaker (gasp ;) ). If they don't win at least 30 games, they have to wear skirts next season.

UGH.

If they want to be nostalgic, why not the throwback home white uni's? Even the one year they made the playoffs wearing those awful, mistake road uni's -- they weren't very good on the road. Worse yet, those powder blues happened by mistake yet their still going to wear them to close out the 'ol barn? Let's just hope they burn them in a bonfire back by the failed baseball stadium immediately after the game.

Great. The baby blues are awesome. Brick I have no idea how you still associate colours with masculinity/femininity. Hope the players don't agree with that position because it's mentally weak, essentially giving yourself an excuse to lose.

And here I was thinking you're a modern man! :p

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Great. The baby blues are awesome. Brick I have no idea how you still associate colours with masculinity/femininity. Hope the players don't agree with that position because it's mentally weak, essentially giving yourself an excuse to lose.

Ack no -- I chew those weak little things up and spit their delicate little bones out on the rocks. :p

But strictly speaking baby blue doesn't have to have anything to do with feminimity/masculinity, in fact the "baby" normally wearing it would normally be a boy. It is however a soft, passive, soothing color, the very reason you use it for babies, and the very last traits I want in an athletic uniform. Black is scary, probably ties into primal fears of the dark for a visually oriented creature like ourselves. Red is aggressive. Baby blue = aww, wook at he pwetty liwwle baby! kitschy kitschy coo! Pfft! And we played like it when we wore them too.

Now of course if YOU would like to correlate being soft, weak, passive, soothing with feminimity, well tsk tsk you misanthrope!

bajaden

Hall of Famer

In some cases, leaving you and out, modern men aren't really men. :rolleyes: Wearing baby blues into battle is the equivalent of the Knights of the Round Table wearing pink frills with baloons attached. Image does matter, and can, if used properly, strike fear into the hearts of your opponent. Yeah yeah, I know! I'm old school, but what do you expect. I rode with the Knights of the Round Table. I Personally knew King Arthur. Great guy to sit around and have a beer with. Seriously, I despise the baby blue uni's. I understand why their doing it, but I don't like it.

In some cases, leaving you and out, modern men aren't really men. :rolleyes: Wearing baby blues into battle is the equivalent of the Knights of the Round Table wearing pink frills with baloons attached. Image does matter, and can, if used properly, strike fear into the hearts of your opponent. Yeah yeah, I know! I'm old school, but what do you expect. I rode with the Knights of the Round Table. I Personally knew King Arthur. Great guy to sit around and have a beer with. Seriously, I despise the baby blue uni's. I understand why their doing it, but I don't like it.
Flip side. I long ago got tired of teams changing colors to "out-dark" the other team. Take away black, lighten up the purple, wear white at home. My daughter was midwife at King Arthur's birth.

What was Sir Lancelot like?