Audio Heads

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I thought I'd create a thread just dedicated for those music heads out there that just can't get enough of music and need it just about every minute. Even if not, feel free to discuss what type of genre's you listen to, dislike, artists, etc.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Today on my playlist, I am going to listen to Common's "Resurection" for the first time, I never been a big fan of Common but I want to hear why this album is a classic so I'll check it out.

Any Hip-Hop people out there? Feel free to discuss some classic albums or new albums worth checking out. New artists, etc.

Hip Hop and R&B fan here, the current mix in my car right now is quite a bit of Rick Ross, Royce Da 5'9, Crooked I, Bun B, Drake, Erk Tha Jerk......as far as the ipod goes, the list is endless but my favorite artist of all-time has to be Tupac. As for favorite hip-hop group, i gotta go with either Bone Thugs N Harmony, Slaughterhouse or The Clipse

Last edited:
Forgot to mention Freeway as one of my favorite artists, that dude is a beast, he just did a song with a new artist name Tone Trump called, "Time To Go"......nice stuff, another new track I heard yesterday by Kanye West, Jay-Z, Pusha T, Swizz Beatz, RZA, & Cyhi The Prynce called "So Appalled" is ridiculous.....

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Some good choices you got there. You can't ever go wrong with Tupac, what are your top 5 fav. songs from him? I haven't heard that new Kanye song, but he's been putting out some new stuff past couple of weeks. Hey, if you want to hear brand new music check out www.hotnewhiphop.com, it updates every day with songs. Plus, it lets you download from that site too the song of your liking. As far as artists, some off the top of my head, Chamillionaire, Skyzoo, Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Atmosphere, AZ, Jay-Z, Nas, Tech N9ne, Kid Cudi, Souls of Mischief, Lords of the Underground, T.I., Ludacris, etc etc. My favorite group would have to be Do or Die, I also like Hieroglyphics & Jedi Mind Tricks.

www.hotnewhiphop.com is where I get most of my new music, I also use a site called www.realraptalk.com (more of a message board based site). Do or Die slipped my mind, I have all but 1 of their albums, their flows are so quick and smooth, super chill music......if I had to pick 5 Tupac tracks, they would have to be, 1. So Many Tears, 2. To Live & Die In L.A., 3. 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, 4. Hit Em' Up, 5. All About You.........the list could go on and on and in no particular order

When I was going to high school in Kansas, I remember how huge Tech N9NE was, i like his flow and have a few of his songs on my computer but i've never found that his albums were listenable all the way through, one song was really good and then you might have two or three that you would want to skip, but overall I don't mind Tech N9NE at all

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I love Tech N9ne, I have all of his CD's. He recently released a new album, I don't know if you've heard it? Tech N9ne Collabos: Gates Mixed Plate. You have to listen to it a couple of times, but it grows on you. If you want a CD you can listen of his that you don't have to skip much, I would highly suggest "Sickology 101" that's a banger from track 1 to 16. His K.O.D. album is pretty stellar too, I didn't like it all that much at first, after a couple of listens, just like the others, grew on me. Check em out, if you haven't already of course. By the way, solid choices on those Tupac songs. You like any old school Hip-Hop?

I love Tech N9ne, I have all of his CD's. He recently released a new album, I don't know if you've heard it? Tech N9ne Collabos: Gates Mixed Plate. You have to listen to it a couple of times, but it grows on you. If you want a CD you can listen of his that you don't have to skip much, I would highly suggest "Sickology 101" that's a banger from track 1 to 16. His K.O.D. album is pretty stellar too, I didn't like it all that much at first, after a couple of listens, just like the others, grew on me. Check em out, if you haven't already of course. By the way, solid choices on those Tupac songs. You like any old school Hip-Hop?
I did listen to Sickology 101 and it was pretty good, i didn't get a chance to listen to Tech N9NE Collabos: Gates Mixed Plate, i know it came out over the summer but i never got a chance to really listen to it. When you mean old school hip hop, how old school are we talking about?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Def. check out Gates Mixed plate, it's fire! I mean something in the 90s, mid 90's. I don't listen to anything past 90, too old for my liking.

Def. check out Gates Mixed plate, it's fire! I mean something in the 90s, mid 90's. I don't listen to anything past 90, too old for my liking.
oh yeah, i was definitely listening to stuff back then, lol, I remember when all the No Limit Records stuff was huge, I always hated anybody from No Limit Records except for Magic, not really old school but old enough lol

I have a couple Big L songs; Ebonics, Flamboyant, Size Em' Up, really nice tracks....Till this day, Quiet Storm (Non Lil Kim Version) has to be one of my favorite Mobb Deep tracks

I'll have to find the Big L albums for sure, thanks for the recommendations man, i'll have to post here often whenever new tracks pop up so we can get our opinions in

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
No problem dude, glad to help. Yeah for sure that sounds good. I'll be posting often myself whenever I listen to a album or a new album comes out and what not.

Been listenin' to NaS all week. God's Son is such a great album. I just checked my library - I didn't realize I had four of his albums.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I really love Nas' "Hip Hop is Dead" that's a classic, every song you can listen to without having to skip. As for A Tribe Called Quest, I don't really listen to them all that much, but they do have some very beautiful songs. So relaxing and just puts you in a chill vibe. If you want some more classics, check out old school Common, Lord Finesse, Wu-Tang Clan, GZA . Also, if you like some new school hip-hop, I highly recommend listening to J.Cole, he is a new comer in the game and he is very good.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Anybody hear Ice Cube's "I am the West"? It's not a bad listen for those who like Hip-Hop or West Coast type of music. Also, I still need to listen to Krizz Kaliko's "Shock Treatment".

Every friday he's been putting out some music with a bunch of featured artists.
yeah, he calls it "Good Friday", it's crazy because the stuff he's been putting out on fridays isn't going to be on his next album from what i've heard, that's crazy because almost every friday track he's put out has been a banger