A's News: Dallas Braden throws a perfect game!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Dallas Braden throws a perfect game! I got to see the last inning after the playoff game was interrupted with the news he had a perfect going through 8.

Exciting to watch because he's a local kid (Born in Stockton) and he is a great interview.

Only 19 perfect games have been thrown ALL-TIME!
Wow!

Congratulations to Braden and the A's!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Him hugging his grandma was what got me. One of those iconic shots right there
Reminded me of Jonathan Sanchez embracing his dad after his near perfect game (Damn Uribe error!)

No matter the team seeing a teary eyed player/parent hugging after something historic is a sight to see! Love it. Love this game!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Im sure many more agree with you.

Only 12000+ were there live.
And yet, in the years to come, you'll undoubtedly find many, many more who claim they were there.

:)

Incredible job by an incredible young man, and in front of a lot of his friends and family. Way to go, Dallas!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Him hugging his grandma was what got me. One of those iconic shots right there
The grandma is what got me too. That's what I love about baseball. The game itself was perfect, but the term "perfect game" takes on so much more meaning when you know the back story of who this guy is and what this day represents to him.

For those that missed it, there's a video up now on the A's website where you can watch all 27 outs:

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/ne...t_id=9944510&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

" Stick it A-Rod " - Dallas Bradens grandma.

Anyways ... I wonder how good Max Stassi will be, I've seen him play for the Yuba City Gold Sox before he was drafted, and he was pretty good.