Artest or Bibby, who would you rather see gone?

Bibby or Ron...Who do you want gone?

• Total voters

gunks

Hall of Famer
Personally, and as much as it pains me, I'd rather see Bibby go then Artest.

I think Artest is a much better player at this point, and although he's a headcase...I'd rather have a guy who hurts us off the court then on it.

Bibby was one of my favorites back in the day, but he's changed...I miss the days when he'd penetrate to the basket through 3 defenders to lay it in. I'm sick of him jacking 10 threes a game and making 2 of them.

Also, since the team sucks and is going to be rebuilding...It would be nice if Price (if he's with us next season) and Douby get a lot more minutes. Both of those youngsters have potential, but cant really build on it because Bibby is out there getting the bulk of the minutes.

So, who would you rather see gone next season? Bibby or Artest?

I voted Artest off the team. Garcia is an adequate replacement for Artest, especially if we draft a big. The new guys need more touches and I think Artest is a vacuum.

Get rid of Bibby please. I'm sick of seeing him throw up 3 pointer after 3 pointer and they have no chance of going in. Atleast ROn makes them sometimes and plays D. Bibby is also our biggest trade asset IMO. It only makes sense to trade him.

Bibby should be the one to go. Overall Artest is the better player with the better contract. Bibby is good but he really cant seem to compete with Nash, Parker, Davis and now Williams.

I only want to move one or both if it is necessary as a package that gets rid of Kenny and Brad. I'm not especially tired of Mike's act or Ron's so I don't want to just dump either or both. I don't think they are our problem. I am especially tired of Kenny and Brad's act and those are the ones I think we should be figuring out how to dump.

A

AriesMar27

artest... we would get a better player in return...

but if we traded both we could end up with pretty good front court rotations...

trade artest to la for kwame/farmar/19
trade bibby to cavs for gooden/filler if needed

possible #10(conley)/price/douby
martin/garcia
salmons/possible #10(green)
gooden/reef/thomas
miller/brown

with the exception of thomas and miller that isnt that bad of a team in terms of rebuilding... we would suck but thats okay...

gunks

Hall of Famer
I only want to move one or both if it is necessary as a package that gets rid of Kenny and Brad. I'm not especially tired of Mike's act or Ron's so I don't want to just dump either or both. I don't think they are our problem. I am especially tired of Kenny and Brad's act and those are the ones I think we should be figuring out how to dump.

I thought about adding those guys to the options, but decided to keep the poll realistic haha...

...A majority of Kings fans would probably like to see Miller gone, and pretty much everybody in Sacto wants KT off the team. But I dont think other GM's are exactly jumping at the chance to get our frontcourt (not that a package deal like you suggested is out of the realm of possibility, but that would probably cost us the likes of Martin).

Bibby and Artest on the other hand are at least drawing interest from a couple teams.

You should make another poll though! "Who would your rather see packing? KT or Miller?" ;)

Last edited:
I want Bibby gone. If we are serious about getting better defensively it needs to start with getting a better defensive point guard and center. Bibby just doesn't fit into this team anymore.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I can handle Bibby and Ron as long as we have AT LEAST 1 new starting Big man. Then we can get to which ever of those 2 need to go. The pressing issue right now is the Big man. Now if One of them go for the Big and we get a replacment for them then I am all for it.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I went with undecided, personally I like Bibby more than Ron but I think Ron is a better player right now. So it would most certainly depend on what we can get in return and I honestly don't know which player's trade value has sunk lower.

I should add that I don't think trading either player would be addition by subtraction and if they can get along I'd be happy to keep both around.

I want both of them gone, but I voted Artest because he can be moved before the draft and get us another pick.
I didn't vote, but basically agree with the above. I try not to look at these sorts of things in terms of my personal feelings, but keep it to what logically seems best for the team. At least one more draft pick, regardless of position, would be great -- nobody's going to trade away promising youngsters, and enders alone aren't really value, so draft picks are where the rebuild value's likely to come in. Bibby's ETO pretty much rules that out. So... any and all vets except for Bibby can be traded now, Bibby will have to wait for a few weeks.

It's nothing to do with my feelings about Bibby or anyone else, just being pragmatic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
With a new coach and owners admitting we need to rebuild, we need to get rid of the annoying ticking sound...

It's been fun, RonRon, but it's time for you to pack up your sneakers and go.

;)

Actually... I am going to admit to some feelings on the matter now.

RonRon is arguably our best veteran contract. I can stand the ticking sound, because all that represents is the fear that you're about to hear a sucking sound, which KT, for example, already makes full time.

But I'd rather lose more games, and listen to Piksi's black humor about how horrible we are, than to have a slightly better record and not have him writing about it.

Out of the two, Artest should be the one to go first. Yeah hes a baller and has the potential to change games, but his off the court drama is a cancer and is bad for the team as well as the city.

Bibby on the other hand had one bad season...
His offense suffered (due in part of not letting that wrist heal) and his defense was even more noticeably horrendous with his lack of a big man to back him up. IMO if we can get a couple of bigs behind him to close down the lane, even just a little bit, his D will be half the problem it has been in recent years.

With a new coach and owners admitting we need to rebuild, we need to get rid of the annoying ticking sound...

It's been fun, RonRon, but it's time for you to pack up your sneakers and go.

;)
If we are rebuilding the priority would actually be on Bibby leaving. Ron will opt out but Mike won't and has the bigger contract.

My 12 cents

I think that Bibby has more trade value due to him not being crazy. I've also never seen a game in which Ron doesn't give full effort (albeit misguided) while I commonly assume Mike just goes through the motions and then practices his jump shot more. Basketbal is a game of heart and desire. If the Kings are going to improve, they need to get better perimeter defense and start adding front court pieces. Ron is a better perimeter defender than Mike is and he's many lbs. larger. Move your feet Bibby!

If they must be moved, please make a deal happen that addresses our woeful power forward plight (easier done with Bibby) and that improves our perimeter defense (addition by subtraction).

P.S. I actually like the idea of seeing Douby with his length and quickness add some perimeter D. He is just as good of a shooter as Mike (not as clutch and not as good of a passer though). Develop our youth!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Actually... I am going to admit to some feelings on the matter now.

RonRon is arguably our best veteran contract. I can stand the ticking sound, because all that represents is the fear that you're about to hear a sucking sound, which KT, for example, already makes full time.
Au contraire. The ticking sound could easily be the forerunner to a very large KABANG!!!! sound. And that's what the Pacers fans have been trying to tell us from the very beginning.

Do you really think the dog and co-combatant problem with his wife were the end of the drama?

i'm a bibby fan but i guess it depends what picks/players we get in return for our players, i voted to keep both, even though mostly everyone disagrees with me i think ron and mike can school our newbies, and mold them for our future franchise, and by then ron and mike would be long gone, and for you the ppl you have your young athletic team, everyone is so desperately in need of. so i say drink up keep'em both, it'll be all over b4 we know it.

Remember when Bibby schooled Nash

i'm a bibby fan but i guess it depends what picks/players we get in return for our players, i voted to keep both, even though mostly everyone disagrees with me i think ron and mike can school our newbies, and mold them for our future franchise, and by then ron and mike would be long gone, and for you the ppl you have your young athletic team, everyone is so desperately in need of. so i say drink up keep'em both, it'll be all over b4 we know it.
In the good old days, Bibby used to school Nash when we played Dallas. How did Nash develop into 2 time MVP and Bibby into a 'Washed-Up'. I'll tell you why. Nash works harder. Bibby lost the passion. He needs inspiration to perform. Right now, he has a bunch of midgets running around him with no clue. When Webber went down, he got his right arm cut off. When Peja went down, he got his left arm cut off. If Cleveland were smart, they should have done everything to get Bibby. They would have a chance agaisnt the Spurs. Kings should trade the whole team away and find a veteran superstar to play with Bibby or trade Bibby. When Bibby is inspired, you can see it in his eyes. He can light it up. He has nothing to play for now. Next year will be a disaster for him if he gets stuck here.

I'm undecided, but I'm leaning towards Mr. Ron Looney Tunes.

BUT... I'd keep them both if we could get rid of Miller and Thomas instead.

Last edited:
In the good old days, Bibby used to school Nash when we played Dallas. How did Nash develop into 2 time MVP and Bibby into a 'Washed-Up'. I'll tell you why. Nash works harder. Bibby lost the passion. He needs inspiration to perform. Right now, he has a bunch of midgets running around him with no clue. When Webber went down, he got his right arm cut off. When Peja went down, he got his left arm cut off. If Cleveland were smart, they should have done everything to get Bibby. They would have a chance agaisnt the Spurs. Kings should trade the whole team away and find a veteran superstar to play with Bibby or trade Bibby. When Bibby is inspired, you can see it in his eyes. He can light it up. He has nothing to play for now. Next year will be a disaster for him if he gets stuck here.
I'm sure Cleveland did everything they could to get Bibby, problem is they have really bad trade pieces.

Sort of true. Bibby did get his right arm cut off when Webb went down, but only because he is a shooter who lost his distributer. The difference between Bibby and Nash is that Nash is a true point guard where as Bibby is at his best as a small shooting guard. Bibby always looked great against Nash because Nash had to chase him around over and through screens while the two best passing bigs in the history of the NBA were whipping passes to Mike for open jumpers. On the other end Bibby often times wound up guarding Finley while the best perimeter defender in the league guarded Nash or at least wore him down.

It isn't that Mike needs another superstar in the lineup with him... its that Mike needs the team built to suit his specific abilities. ie bigs with tremendous passing ability that you can run the offense through. Putting Bibby on a team without a distributer is like putting Nash on a Pat Riley coached late 80's early 90's era Knicks team... it just wouldn't fit.