Artest hurt?!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If anyone has any info on Artest please be sure to post it!

I will be on pins and needles until I hear anything. I hope he isn't hurt bad. I will be crossing my fingers until then.

A

artestG

i hope he is ok but artest has to be very hurt not to play a game he is a true warrior!

Yea, the guy was hammered 2 or 3 times in a row. I guess Utah got carried away with visions of the Super Bowl.

The thing I liked about Artest was he was asking RA to keep him in the game. I agree with RA to keep bench him, but got to love Artests desire to play.

mrtcereal said:
Wow, no offense, but that is one poorly constructed sentence. Anyway, all of the articles I've read tonight seem to imply that the injury isn't too serirous.

I know, sorry about that... Anyways, I heard it was a hip pointer. So is he going to be out on Sunday? I hope not because we need to crush the Jazz then.

I hope it's not serious. I was given tickets to go to the game on Tuesday. The 115.00 dollar tickets. My girlfriend and I are looking forward too watching him play.

A hip pointer desn't make any sense, because he started to grab his oblique area before he hit the ground and when he wasn't being touched by anyone else. It didn't look like he was grabbing his hip at all. Oh well, we'll just have to wait to hear.

On the first collision, the hipcheck by Ostertag, I thought he had taken a blow to the "groin area". Then way he landed after getting blocked by Kirilenko made it look like a strained muscle. BUT he was able to get to leave the floor and return under his own power and left the floor with ice on that hip area. I've never heard of a muscle strain/pull that needed ice, so I guess it's more of the hip pointer type thing. Just speculating, but I think that he'll play in the next one as long as the hip isn't so bruised that it's painful to move.

I would not put it past Ron Artest to lie to the trainer about the true extent of his injuries. They may be doing further tests today to assess the real damage. I was hoping it was a hip-pointer, but it sure looks like a groin injury.

I must say after looking at he incident a couple times does anyone else agree that it looked like ron ron was full of crap. Like it was a fluke injury i dont know kinda look liked that to me.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ron916 said:
I must say after looking at he incident a couple times does anyone else agree that it looked like ron ron was full of crap. Like it was a fluke injury i dont know kinda look liked that to me.
Yes, I completely agree -- Ron was full of crap and took himself out of a tight game and even went so far as to return to the lockerroom to keep up the ruse. :rolleyes: Furthermore, Rick was in on it, and that's why he didn't put him back in.

is there some rule I'm unaware of that prevents people from jsut having injuries, off nights, etc. without it being anything more than just that?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Kings113 said:
Says he has a bruised hip bone and is day-to-day on ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260203026

Hope he's there for tomorrow, if not, we can still win without him.

I hope he is here tomorrow because:

1. The Kings need him (especially if Brad is still out).
2. I am going to the game and I want to see him in person.
3. Sacramento Fans need the excitement he brings.
4. The Kings need him........oops! I already said that. :p

piksi

Hall of Famer
6th said:

do Kings need him ?

piksi said:
do Kings need him ?
:confused:

is there even a question, with brad miller out? and is there any question that artest has been the most consistent player on the floor since he got here? he's still got a ways to go to get into game shape, but he's given everything he's got so far. the kings absolutely need him.

piksi

Hall of Famer
my question was meant to be a joke because I was responding to a previous post by 6th who said twice that we need him.:rolleyes:

piksi said:
my question was meant to be a joke because I was responding to a previous post by 6th who said twice that we need him.:rolleyes:
piksi, you must know by now that is very difficult for some of us to cut through the piksimism. you're one of the most smug forum posters i've ever come in contact with, and, consequently, it isn't always easy to tell when you're joking and when you're not. the :rolleyes: is a good start, but the ;) is even better, especially when you're joke isn't going to be apparent to everybody.

6th said:

I agree with 6th. I'm also going to the game and would love to see Ron play. Hope it's nothing too serious and Ron gets better!

Artest - who was hit by Jazz center Greg Ostertag on the hip on successive drives midway through the fourth - was none too thrilled with the former King afterward. He said Ostertag didn't go for the ball on the first collision, which left Artest lying on the ground. After he was hit again, Artest tried to play through the pain but took himself out with 5:30 remaining. He will be reevaluated today and said he's hoping to play Sunday.
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/14150798p-14979005c.html

Just shows how great of a player Artest is

Also agree with Corliss where he's coming from (like the Orlando game).

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi said:
Well, for what it's worth, piksi, I caught the joke. I knew, instinctively, that you were responding to my double comment. Maybe I just know you better.
:p

Padrino said:
piksi, you must know by now that is very difficult for some of us to cut through the piksimism. you're one of the most smug forum posters i've ever come in contact with, and, consequently, it isn't always easy to tell when you're joking and when you're not. the :rolleyes: is a good start, but the ;) is even better, especially when you're joke isn't going to be apparent to everybody.
Well if piksi is anything like me, a ;) for a comment sort of nullifies the sarcastic effect, as my wit is dryer than the martini I sip immediately afterward.
~~

I hope we no longer have a "Should Brad Be On Notice" or "Trade Brad" threads anymore... I think 100% that it was the reasons the Kings lost... 100%

SacKings384 said:
I hope we no longer have a "Should Brad Be On Notice" or "Trade Brad" threads anymore... I think 100% that it was the reasons the Kings lost... 100%
Going 0-20 in the 4th Quarter might also have had something to do with it.