Are the Kings trying to trade Chris Webber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once and for all, is GP actively trying to move CWebb? Does anyone have proof of this? I'm not asking for names, but i don't want people to say they have a source when that source is a cousin of a friend of an aquaintance of the janitor that cleans GP's office and goes through his trash.

If they are trying to trade him, is it a good or bad thing?

Geoff said:
Once and for all, is GP actively trying to move CWebb? Does anyone have proof of this? I'm not asking for names, but i don't want people to say they have a source when that source is a cousin of a friend of an aquaintance of the janitor that cleans GP's office and goes through his trash.

It's hard to say Petrie would actively try to trade Webber, as I don't think there's really any takers out there willing to give what he's worth, and moving Webber would create a HUGE hole on this team. Unless Sac could move Webber for another star PF in return (which is basically as unlikely as can be), I doubt he'll be traded, and I doubt Petrie would waste time of the phone, or risk hurting Chris' feelings by actively trying to move him.

What I think will happen is Petrie will play out this season, Webber will have another year off his contract, and Peja will be in his final contract year with the Kings and Sac will either have him convinced to stay, or seriously consider moving him so they don't risk him bolting as a FA and them getting nothing in return.

And, with Vlade gone I think trading Webber would be a very bad thing. We badly need his passing and rebounding, not to mention scoring ability now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Geoff said:

Oh goodie. :rolleyes:

The answer is...nobody knows. But given our approach to the offseason and the comments coming from Petrie/the Maloofs (as opposed to media members)it seems rather unlikely actually. We basically reloaded around the edges but kept the same core for one more run. We still believe this crew can get it done. Maybe they can, maybe they can't. But with Peja, Doug and Bobby nearing the end of their contracts, and Adelman in the final year of his deal, it makes sense that this will be the last shot for the team as currently constructed. Give it one more go in a league without a dominant team. If we fall short again I would fully expect EVERYONE except Bibby and Miller to be potentially on the block next year (Peja's presence or absence on that list depending on a) whether he still wants to leave; and b) whether he flops in the playoffs again -- if either is true he will be expendable too).

Throw in the fact that Webb's value right now is as low as it will ever be, and there's really nothing you can get back for him that would help us win a championship. So if you're still trying to, and we still are for this one more year at least, he will be back.

I was just wondering. Ever so often, you keep hearing the same refrain "The Kings are actively trying to move Chris Webber but can't do so because of his huge contract" blah blah blah and it's getting old and tiresome.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's another thread about this, so I'm closing this one. There's no reason to have people ranting or defending the same comments in two different places.\

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.