"Are the KINGS cursed?"

It seems like were in the same mold as the Boston Redsox (The Bambino Curse)................they can't beat the NY Yankees. The Kings can't beat LA Lakers......

but are we cursed with all these injuries?

It was funny on the news when they asked C-Webb if he knew about G. Ostertag's injury and C-Webb said, "yeah, I know....there might have been a grave site or something buried under Arco Arena.......maybe not so funny after all?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It has been rumored for years that Arco is, in fact, over a very old Indian burial site.

NBAGURU said:
It seems like were in the same mold as the Boston Redsox (The Bambino Curse)................they can't beat the NY Yankees. The Kings can't beat LA Lakers......

but are we cursed with all these injuries?

It was funny on the news when they asked C-Webb if he knew about G. Ostertag's injury and C-Webb said, "yeah, I know....there might have been a grave site or something buried under Arco Arena.......maybe not so funny after all?
my roommate just got home and said that Bobby has a sprained hand, as well...is this true? Looking around online to see what I can find about this, though.

It's training camp people. People are going to get bumps and bruises and muscle pulls. That's what the pre-season is for. Tag's seems to be a freak injury as he did it at home. He doesn't need to shoot the ball so it's no big deal.

Ryle said:
It's training camp people. People are going to get bumps and bruises and muscle pulls. That's what the pre-season is for. Tag's seems to be a freak injury as he did it at home. He doesn't need to shoot the ball so it's no big deal.
Still, an injury is an injury. And it's disappointing to hear about players getting hurt when the season hasn't started yet...heck, the PRE-season hasn't even started yet....

I was told that the entire team including the camp invites all walked through a catus field and will be expected to miss 2 weeks

Cursed? I've got a sledgehammer, a shovel and I'm headed to Arco, who's with me?! ;)

Edit: ::looks as MadD's post:: make that a sledgehammer, shovel and tweezers:D

Mad D said:
I was told that the entire team including the camp invites all walked through a catus field and will be expected to miss 2 weeks
Just don't let them go to Ostertag's perilous obstacle-course-like new house. :eek:

Digging up the graves will just make it worse my friends. Best is just to walk away. Anyone feel that the arena should be rebuilt in Natomas? Not me--move that sucker downtown.

As a Red Sox fan, I believe in the curse of the great bambino.

Or maybe the Red Sox are chokers on the order of the late 90's New York Knicks :)

Seriously, I get the impression that Red Sox fans are happiest when they're miserable; is that a valid impression?

i have to agree.. we're just unlucky.. if we were cursed or sumthin we'd still be a lottery team...

honestly, i'm happy that we've progressed as much as we have. i mean look where we were 10 years ago... :eek:

Geoff said:
Or maybe the Red Sox are chokers on the order of the late 90's New York Knicks :)

Seriously, I get the impression that Red Sox fans are happiest when they're miserable; is that a valid impression?
In a way... I think that if the Red Sox won the world series it would be the best thing that ever happened to them for a day... Then they'd realize that it was the worst thing that could possibly happen to them... They'd no longer be special. They'd just be a regular old team now...

tetsuo916 said:
i have to agree.. we're just unlucky.. if we were cursed or sumthin we'd still be a lottery team...

honestly, i'm happy that we've progressed as much as we have. i mean look where we were 10 years ago... :eek:
I guess we would be the Clippers if we were cursed in THAT sense of the word.

Circa_1985_Fan said:
I guess we would be the Clippers if we were cursed in THAT sense of the word.
We used to be equated with the Clippers all the time! Was just 7 years ago every cheap joke was about us and the clippers.:(

No, 7 years ago the Sacramento Kings were in a class of their own as

THE SINGLE WORST FRANCHISE IN ALL OF US SPORTS

revel in the glory

mcsluggo said:
No, 7 years ago the Sacramento Kings were in a class of their own as

THE SINGLE WORST FRANCHISE IN ALL OF US SPORTS

revel in the glory
They weren't quite alone there. The Dallas Mavericks of the 1990's had the lowest one-decade winning percentage of any franchise, in any professional American team sport, in history ( I remember, because I must have watched 80-90% of all of the games, during that decade of agony).