Anyone listening to 1140 right now?

It was hilarious. Koz went off on a rant, tirade, monologue, whathaveyou on the people who questioned Bobby Jackson's heart. He said something along the lines of "If you were one of those people, you have absolutely NO CREDIBILITY with me, this town, or any other town. You freaks." It was even greater to hear in person. But I just couldn't help when the first person who came to mind after hearing this was a certain pompous, arrogant red-headed New Yorker.... :)

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I love Koz's bluntness.

"You freaks"

bahahhahaha thats funny...

personally I can't imagine Koz "going off" so to speak...from what I always get to see of him which is just House Party Live I wouldn't think he was capable of going of on a tirade...

iheartBrad said:
"You freaks"

bahahhahaha thats funny...

personally I can't imagine Koz "going off" so to speak...from what I always get to see of him which is just House Party Live I wouldn't think he was capable of going of on a tirade...
yeah, he went on a rant, but because it's Koz, his voice still had that sunny, tv personality tone to his voice.

Y'all need to find and post a transcript for al of us that live far, far away!! We would LOVE the read it since we can't hear it!

The funny thing about Koz's rant was that the most vocal critic of Bobby Jackson last year was indeed Grant Napear. Did Koz forget about that? I'll bet someone reminds him about that before too long.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
quick dog said:
The funny thing about Koz's rant was that the most vocal critic of Bobby Jackson last year was indeed Grant Napear. Did Koz forget about that? I'll bet someone reminds him about that before too long.
From what I've been made to understand about the relationship between Grant and Koz, I don't think he forgot about that at all. :)

Bricklayer said:
From what I've been made to understand about the relationship between Grant and Koz, I don't think he forgot about that at all. :)
If Koz wants to stay in Sacramento, he better watch out. I suspect that politics pervades Maloof Sports just like everywhere else. Maybe Koz has received a pink slip already? His rant was far rougher than any Koz comment I have heard.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I just love Koz. He really is a great guy, and he knows basketball every bit as well as the "red headed wonder."

I am sure he knew exactly what he was doing (he did not forget). He is no dummy.

I have heard him go off on rants before. Well, that was talking directly to him. I can't say I ever heard that big of a rant by him on the radio.

Did Koz forget about that?
The only person who has forgotten is Grant.

I wonder if he thought Bobby was going to be traded this summer, and that's why he went off on Bobby. It would be very typical of him.

If Bobby ever leaves, he'll be the next in line to receive Napear's special set of knives. It’s the kind of gift that will keep on giving.

Last edited:
I've heard many people talk about how they don't like Koz, but I've always liked him...at least more than I like Napear...there's just something evil about that guy that I can't quite figure out...
Anyway, wish I could've heard the Koz rant...I just can't quite picture tha word "freaks" coming out of his mouth...

Having listened for years KHTK1140 and KNBR680, and considering myself as a fairly educated fan, I must say that Koz, Mike Lam, Gary Radnich, and Tom Tolbert are the only ones that offer anything of value to the listeners and sports fans in the greater Northern California. They make sports talk fun and insightful that easily stimulate listener participation and thinking without taking every little comments so seriously. Contrary to the philosophies of arrogant hosts like Napear, Larry Krueger, and that absolute moron Monty (who knows nothing about basketball), there are reasonably smart people out there that are truly Kings fans who can distinguish between quality radio and garbage.

Keep up the good work Koz...don't back down from Napear and Monty who are absolute trash...

Go Kings.

Koz understands entertaining radio.

Napear is rather foney and sometimes can just make me gag with his disingenuine babbling.

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Kozimor is a tool, but not as big a tool as Napear. That guy should be dragged into the street and shot on the six o'clock news, right next to Jim F. Rome.

Bricklayer said:
Yeah, don't be fooled by what you see on television. From what I understand, they don't like one another.

Kings Fan said:
Having listened for years KHTK1140 and KNBR680, and considering myself as a fairly educated fan, I must say that Koz, Mike Lam, Gary Radnich, and Tom Tolbert are the only ones that offer anything of value to the listeners and sports fans in the greater Northern California. They make sports talk fun and insightful that easily stimulate listener participation and thinking without taking every little comments so seriously. Contrary to the philosophies of arrogant hosts like Napear, Larry Krueger, and that absolute moron Monty (who knows nothing about basketball), there are reasonably smart people out there that are truly Kings fans who can distinguish between quality radio and garbage.

Keep up the good work Koz...don't back down from Napear and Monty who are absolute trash...

Go Kings.
I wouldn't put Lam up there. He's just Napear's whipping boy. Even Napear gets annoyed with his banter. The enigmatic Mike Lam. He always gets punked by McNeal.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Kozimor is a tool, but not as big a tool as Napear. That guy should be dragged into the street and shot on the six o'clock news, right next to Jim F. Rome.
Slim has apparently adopted the Taliban-approach to conflict resolution.

I enjoy listening to all of them, even Monty is entertaining once you learn not to take him seriously.

The only local radio personality I have a problem with is Mike Lamb, who is a nice enough guy, but tends to interject his "Ole Dumb Football Player" mentality into every aspect of every sport, particularly when it concerns injuries. He doesn't seem to get that in the NBA, a player who "toughs it out" and comes back early is more likely to hurt his team as opposed to help it.