Antoine Carr

Just saw that yesterday was Antoine Carr's 55th birthday, so Happy BD Antoine! He was one of my favorite Kings from back in the day.
Carr had a great skillset, and could do everything well except rebound. He could bang with the best of them, and was incredibly efficient on offense, but he was only a mediocre rebounder.
Still, he was a welcome addition to the Kings. I recall a 3-big lineup of Greg Kite, Wayman Tisdale and Antoine Carr, and for a moment, the Kings finally looked like a team of grown men!
Wayman and Antoine used to joke about which one of them had the biggest (widest) butt. But in those days, a big butt was better for banging and throwing your weight (and your opponent) around.
I wonder how those guys would fare in today's NBA, or on today's Kings team?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Just saw that yesterday was Antoine Carr's 55th birthday, so Happy BD Antoine! He was one of my favorite Kings from back in the day.
Carr had a great skillset, and could do everything well except rebound. He could bang with the best of them, and was incredibly efficient on offense, but he was only a mediocre rebounder.
Still, he was a welcome addition to the Kings. I recall a 3-big lineup of Greg Kite, Wayman Tisdale and Antoine Carr, and for a moment, the Kings finally looked like a team of grown men!
Wayman and Antoine used to joke about which one of them had the biggest (widest) butt. But in those days, a big butt was better for banging and throwing your weight (and your opponent) around.
I wonder how those guys would fare in today's NBA, or on today's Kings team?
I remember Carr very well. He looked and played like Tisdale light. It was amazing how poor a rebounder he was for such a big guy. I'm sorry you had to mention Greg Kite's name because it reminded me of how bad we were back then. We had the Tizzy rules and the "Welcome to Hell"statement by Spud. In retrospect, those were dark times, we just didn't know it. Don't know how Carr would fare today, but I suspect he would be a very similar player to what he was back then. In any event, Happy Birthday Antoine!