An ode to Mike Malone

They need a 9-6 banner in the rafters
Funny...in the 69 gmes Karl has coached this team, he hasn't gone through a stretch where he's been able to go 9-6.

Why can't our HOF coach at least repeat what this no name, scrub of a coach was able to do with a much more talented roster, easier schedule (Kings had the 2nd toughest schedule in the league during that 15 game span), and more opportunities (Malone did it in the first 15 games while Karl is still trying to achieve this accomplishment 69 games into his tenure)?

Last edited:
Funny...in the 69 gmes Karl has coached this team, he hasn't gone through a stretch where he's been able to go 9-6.

Why can't our HOF coach at least repeat what this no name, scrub of a coach was able to do with a much more talented roster, easier schedule (Kings had the 2nd toughest schedule in the league during that 15 game span), and more opportunities (Malone did it in the first 15 games while Karl is still trying to achieve this accomplishment 69 games into his tenure)?
Yep, it is hard to understand how the HOF Coach can't string together a 9 and 6 run with better talent:confused: I like many others had high hopes for a Karl coached Kings squad. It seems like they are always right there at the precipice of getting to .500. And then some team shoots lights out at the three point line:eek:

Yep, it is hard to understand how the HOF Coach can't string together a 9 and 6 run with better talent:confused: I like many others had high hopes for a Karl coached Kings squad. It seems like they are always right there at the precipice of getting to .500. And then some team shoots lights out at the three point line:eek:
I remember this argument during Malone's tenure: "[opposing team] just missed a lot of shots." Or maybe, [opposing team] had to work so hard for a shot, that it ended up being the right shot from the wrong player or the wrong shot from the right player.

Credit where it's due: Malone knew defense, and knew that it was the right way to play given his roster. Without him, Cousins likely would not have taken that leap to complete player on both ends of the court.