About Tyreke Evans..

Discussion in 'NBA' started by DeMoN, Nov 7, 2017.

1. DeMoN

DeMoN Active Member

Now i'm not trying to be a debby downer, I make this off of a great win and I think Jackson is a stud.

But This guy is putting up near 45% 3's on nearly... 8 attempts per game?

23 PER?

I don't really know what he's looked like on the court, but that's kinda cool.. if he can continue, small sample and i'd bet Hield ends up with a higher % without looking at the tape... But hey that's good for him..
    ESP47 and 206Fan like this.
  2. ESP47

ESP47 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen him play this year either but I still root for the guy. He seemed like a shell of his former self when he played with us last year but maybe he was still feeling the injuries. I hope he stays healthy and is in the running for 6th man of the year this year.
  3. Russell Pimphustler

Russell Pimphustler Active Member

How does 47 3 point attempted in 10 games equal nearly 8 attempts per game? Unless there is something seriously wrong with my math.....http://www.nba.com/players/tyreke/evans/201936
  4. Mr. S£im Citrus

Mr. S£im Citrus That's right, I said it! Staff Member Contributor

Evans has been great: Fizdale is letting him do his thing off the bench. I've always believed that, when Evans is healthy, he's one of the most unstoppable offensive guards in the league, it's just that his knees and ankles are made out of cotton candy.

If, after eight years, he's finally figured out how to hit jump shots (and the admittedly small sample size suggest that it's possible that he has), he may yet have a successful career ahead of him. Definitely pulling for him to be 6MOY.
    Suicide King, 206Fan and Tetsujin like this.
  5. 206Fan

206Fan Well-Known Member

They have him at 51 3pters through 12 games, comes out to 4.6/game.

I agree with you. Bold statement and I've said this before, but I think a healthy Tyreke would've been a top 10 player by now if he didn't get misused.

Tyreke has always been best with the ball in his hands. He averaged 20-5-5 in his rookie year on good shooting splits because he was the primary ball handler. As soon as we idiotically decided to play him at SF, he was a lot less ineffective...as reflected by his stats. When he joined the Pelicans, they initially played him at SG/SF. It wasn't until a while after Jrue got injured that they decided to let Tyreke run the point. During that stretch, he put up his rookie of the year numbers. 20pts 6asts 5rebs.

Speaking of Tyreke's jumper, his form looks A LOT better.
  6. Mr. S£im Citrus

I've said it before, and I stand by it: that 17/5/7 (rounded up) he posted his second* season in New Orleans was more impressive than that 20/5/5 in his rookie year.

*read: healthy
  7. Padrino

Padrino Well-Known Member

Tyreke Evans is Back

8. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Well-Known Member

Good for Tyreke. Seems like a humble down to earth guy, I’m happy for him.
  9. Mr. S£im Citrus

I always enjoy watching Evans play: my favorite King since Gerald Wallace, by a wide margin.