About music posters

Since this seems to be the gathering place for music lovers on this site, I thought it would be the best place to talk about ...

Posters!

My wife and I have been collecting posters, mostly for rock concerts, for many years. We’ve covered the walls of our rec room with the collection. Highlights include:

• a poster for the Beatles’ first concert in the US
  • a Woodstock poster autographed by Marty Balin of Jefferson Airplane
  • a Hot Tuna poster signed by band members Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukonen, plus artist Kenny Pisani
  • a poster for a joint poetry reading by Patti Smith and Allen Ginsberg signed by both of them
  • a sheet of blotter acid autographed by Timothy Leary

The Folsom History Museum has some of our posters as part of their Extraordinary Collections exhibit, which opened Saturday 9/20 and runs through the beginning of November. The museum is located at 823 Sutter St., Folsom, which is just a couple of blocks from the Light Rail station. It's open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm. If you're in the area, stop by and check it out. They're also exhibiting my wife's button collection, which has buttons falling into three basic categories: music, politics and general weirdness. Here's an overview of the poster collection:

Poster collection

Here's a link for the Folsom History Museum:

Museum site

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Note: I moved this to its own thread. Once the drafting is done, the TDOS draft thread will die. I suspect a thread about music posters could survive a lot longer.

The Folsom History Museum just notified me that they're extending the exhibit through January 19, so if you're in old Folsom over the holidays, stop by and check it out. In addition to the posters and buttons, there are several other fascinating collections.