A tribute to a fine sailor.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
One of the early members of KingsFans.com was a sailor in the U.S. Navy. He would talk hoops with you, and he would talk wrestling with you. He has never lived in Sacramento, yet he has been an avid fan of the Sacramento Kings and the Sacramento Monarchs for years.

While Mr. Slim Citrus is still a respected member of KingsFans.com, he is no longer a sailor in our fine Navy. Well, this fan and fellow Veteran would like to say thank you.

Thank you for your sacrifice for our security, Mr. Slim. Thank you for all the years (almost 11) that you served us and our nation, faithfully. Thank you for answering the call.

Good luck in your future endeavors as a fine Veteran of our Armed Forces. I am proud to call you friend. ::6th salutes proudly::

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I proudly second the sentiments!

And still plan to say "Hey, sailor? New in town?" if we ever meet face to face.

;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bricklayer said:
Look man, you braved the utter horror of having to live in Hawaii -- you deserve the praise. :p
:: gives Bricklayer the raspberry ::

Well, seeing as how Hawaii is roughly five thousand miles from my family, my son in particular, and I was going through a particularly messy divorce at the time, yeah, I'd say that it was pretty horrific.

And, lest it be thought by anyone that my whole enlistment was cake, my three years in Hawaii was sandwiched between almost eight years at sea, including two deployments to the Gulf (one aboard the Harry S. Truman, one aboard the Carl Vinson). So... nyeah! :p

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

Oh, it's a SLEEP thing! Gotcha. Sailors sleep in racks, by the way...

You guys gotta cut me some slack; I didn't just serve in the military, I was born into it. My parents served. My grandfather served. Hell, I even my ex-wife was in the Navy... I've been deeply entrenched in the military and military jargon my whole life. I don't know much from these unfamiliar and complicated civilian expressions like "bed," so you'll have to bear with me... ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Mr. S£im Citrus said:

You guys gotta cut me some slack; I didn't just serve in the military, I was born into it. My parents served. My grandfather served. Hell, I even my ex-wife was in the Navy... I've been deeply entrenched in the military and military jargon my whole life. I don't know much from these unfamiliar and complicated civilian expressions like "bed," so you'll have to bear with me... ;)
Slim, I had forgotten that you came from a military family. Please offer our gratitude and thanks to your entire family who served and protected us all.

Oh, and you know I'll cut you all the slack you need. Rack? How in the heck did I forget that one? :p

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Mr. S£im Citrus said:

Trust me I compleetly understand, hence my advce to not make up your rack and emphsis on the civilian term BED. work up to skiping a shave, growing some hair and eventually you will have kitchens where the gally used to be and walls will replace your bulkheads. You may however forever be going to the head and pulling CQ.:p

I realize now that I haven't had enough experiences in life that involve their own jargon. I'll have to do something to change that.

I'm thinking maybe I'll go pirate. Or early 20th century cockney boot-black.