6th man statue @ Arco

This has been bothering me since I saw pictures of what Arco is already looking like less than a year after being vacated. I can't find the pictures now because I think they were on an old tweet I saw months ago, but now that the season is over I want to do something about this.

I remember when the 6th man statue went in, it was a big deal. It honored us as fans and our loyalty to this franchise. It's now sitting in an unkempt dilapidated area in front of the old barn.

We need to do something about getting this thing refurbished and moved over to G1C.

@carmichaeldave @Fireplug maybe you guys could help. I know some people in the Kings org, but if one of you could reach out to Chris Granger or maybe have Moak head this up, I think we would all appreciate it.

this really shouldn't have been simply left behind. The retired jerseys, division banners were all moved so why do the statues get left behind ?

No other franchise would leave it to their own fans to raise awareness.

Its a fairly sad gesture and some would say a metaphor for how we fans are viewed by the organisation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The statue honoring the fans was disintegrating and looked terrible. I'm glad they didn't bring it to G1C. If they want to honor us, then make a new one - and don't go cheap on the materials.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What is it made from? I've never touched it, I just assumed it was a bronze statue.
Whatever it's made of, it was looking pretty bad the last couple of years. I have some closeup pictures from 2014 somewhere. I'll see if I can find them.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This has been bothering me since I saw pictures of what Arco is already looking like less than a year after being vacated. I can't find the pictures now because I think they were on an old tweet I saw months ago, but now that the season is over I want to do something about this.

I remember when the 6th man statue went in, it was a big deal. It honored us as fans and our loyalty to this franchise. It's now sitting in an unkempt dilapidated area in front of the old barn.

We need to do something about getting this thing refurbished and moved over to G1C.

@carmichaeldave @Fireplug maybe you guys could help. I know some people in the Kings org, but if one of you could reach out to Chris Granger or maybe have Moak head this up, I think we would all appreciate it.

Sorry, just saw this, but I will also add that Kings Announcer Scott Moak also verified that they are working on a plan for this now.

about 40 years ago, I can say without fear of successful contradiction, that I'd have snagged a few already. It's what teenagers did in my day. The snowflake kids these days have no ambition or creativity.
It's a new day. Just be glad you were able to experience things the way they were. Not every kid is a "snowflake" BUT there's a good amount of them who are. 90's Kid in my case and yeah we would have jacked those chairs lol.

Because the Kings need more sizzle, not more steak.

I do sincerely get why people care about this, but if the Kings would like to honor their longtime fans, perhaps having the team being both well owned and well run at the same time would be a nice place to start. Those two events occurred during about 2-4 Kings seasons under the Maloofs ... and that' it. They were fairly well run for a few seasons in the mid-90s, but Thomas was never a good owner.

I'm fine with these refurbishing costs but the Kings spend a ton of money on fan service to cover up the stink ... perhaps the team might consider hiring enough talented scouts so they are in the top 1/3 of the league and not in the bottom 1/3. The Maloofs cut this asset to the bone as they were running out of cash, folks died or left, and it still not where it should be.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Because the Kings need more sizzle, not more steak.

I do sincerely get why people care about this, but if the Kings would like to honor their longtime fans, perhaps having the team being both well owned and well run at the same time would be a nice place to start.
Those two events occurred during about 2-4 Kings seasons under the Maloofs ... and that' it. They were fairly well run for a few seasons in the mid-90s, but Thomas was never a good owner.

I'm fine with these refurbishing costs but the Kings spend a ton of money on fan service to cover up the stink ... perhaps the team might consider hiring enough talented scouts so they are in the top 1/3 of the league and not in the bottom 1/3. The Maloofs cut this asset to the bone as they were running out of cash, folks died or left, and it still not where it should be.
It's not a case of either/or.