[2017] The Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Can Nashville somehow win both the NHL and NBA? I've run all the possible championship scenarios and this is the only acceptable outcome.

Cavs have three super stars to defend their NBA title. Ws have several super stars and probably more overall talent than their opponent. Bench edge to Ws with coaching about equal considering Kerr sidelined. For Cavs to repeat LeBron will have to unleash mega super star performance throughout. He's capable of it but I'll take Ws in 7. I have no routing interest, expecting hard fought series.

First time in his 8 appearances in the Finals that I'll be rooting for LeBron. Begrudgingly. So begrudgingly that I'm closer to just tuning out the finals completely but the Warriors have worn thin.

I root for the Cavs, although I pretty much "hate" everything about them. I'm just rooting for the Cavs, because Durant's ring chasing is even more pathetic, than Lebrons super team building.
Throwing the series against the Warriors in 2015/16 due to selfish and dumb play, than joining them shortly after that - it doesn't get worse than that.
Forget Malone's or Payton's ring chasing attempts. At least those guys had the honesty to try on their own for most of their careers before joining what they considered the best team at that time.
But Durant? Bah - no thank you. Curry's childish antics and constant mouth piece chewing got old real quick. But Durant put my disgust of the Warriors over the top.
Draymond Green strangely is a likeable player for me. Maybe I have a soft spot for emotional knuckleheads in my heart....:rolleyes:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Go Cavs.

I hate everything about Golden State. Dirty, arrogant, smug, entitled, etc etc etc.

That said, I'm not watching a second of it unless there's an elimation game and LeBron is about to win it all again.
Ditto that.

Go the Cavs, there is only one team in California and that is the Kings.

Id love nothing more for those in the Bay to be remembered as Lebrons whipping boys as he writes himself into history.

Kyrie is the kicker here though. The Cavs true closer

Cavs in seven.

I'd rather see LeBron get another ring than see the Warriors win another title, especially since Durant has gone ring hunting in his prime and latched onto a team that has managed to get over the line once before, that bit irked me when he didn't stay with OKC and try to win with Westbrook. Instead he realised he couldn't carry a team to a title and went to join the rich, so hopefully he doesn't get that easy ring. Let Lebron secure his legacy and continue his pursuit of Jordan.

So it finally starts today for all of us who didn't forget that the playoffs are still going on. It feels like a whole different season given how long they have had off and how slow these playoffs have gone. I don't want to hear anymore about how these guys play so much more these days because the playoffs are longer. They may be longer but they get a million days off in between games and series. The Warriors have played 12 games in a month? They don't need to rest during the season because they can rest during the playoffs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Warriors defense has been exceptional, playing with forwards and guards for the majority of the game too. They don't even need Zaza, McGee & McAdoo

There's still a lot of basketball to be played and last year proved that it's not over til it's over. But this game showed that the warriors did need KD to beat lebron. Some say KD is riding the warriors coat tails to a championship but the way lebron is playing I don't know if last years warriors team could beat them this easily. If their shots aren't falling, now they have someone to just ISO and get them the bucket.