2017 Team Discussion and Possible Trades

L

Lopes

As you can tell Divac got that.
Mybe it needs to be put more in the fans minds
The fans have waited long enough. Yes Vlade is new but how many times r we gonna keep changing GM and coaches and saying "give it time" Hell Vivek knows he can play this game for the next 20 yrs cuz the fans just keep taking it. This would not fly I. LA,NY or Bos

does anybody realize we can sign millsap outright with all the expiring contracts this offseason? why would you give up anything substantial for him? that goes for a lot of the other teams in the L. why would you give anything good for a rental.

I love how quickly people give up on young players. I heard similar comments about Whiteside when he was here, and look at him now. I've said it a million times, big men take longer to adjust to the NBA than the little guys. It usually takes a minimum of three years, sometimes four. If you don't have that patience, then go ahead and give him up for nothing, and let someone else reap the benefits of your efforts in a couple of years. If Nik Stauskas was on our team right now, instead of McLemore, one could argue that he's the second best SG on the team behind only Temple. He's having a very nice break out year, and we gave him away for almost nothing.
agreed. if he isn't gonna get any burn in nba games, send him to the d league so he can get some playing time.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
im hoping vlade can pull a trade of KK for pat beverly.. salaries are close. houston may need to add some kind of filler to make it match
I dunno man, KK seems to be a nice player to have right now. I do see the need to improve the backcourt, though.

K

KingsFan80

The fans have waited long enough. Yes Vlade is new but how many times r we gonna keep changing GM and coaches and saying "give it time" Hell Vivek knows he can play this game for the next 20 yrs cuz the fans just keep taking it. This would not fly I. LA,NY or Bos
Exactly, or give the STH a huge discount while we "wait". It is easy to say patience patience patience when someone never attends games or pays high cost $$ for the crap product. Sitting at home watching on tv costs zero dollars

L

Lopes

Exactly, or give the STH a huge discount while we "wait". It is easy to say patience patience patience when someone never attends games or pays high cost $$ for the crap product. Sitting at home watching on tv costs zero dollars
Since I selected new better seats today and supported my community they gave me a old garage sale like retro hat. Lol. Btw the event was chaotic

K

KingsFan80

Nobody is forcing you to pay a "high cost" for a "crap product."
True...I could always drop, does that help the team? I keep the tickets to support the franchise and the city of Sacramento, doesn't mean I have to agree with the direction it is going.

What I think the King's need to do is to go for a real star player. We need a real #2 option and I really don't care who we trade as long as we get a real star in return. Anyone on this roster should be fair game apart from Cousins. Rudy, WCS, Ben, and DC are probably the most likely to get traded. Some potential options: John Wall/Bradley Beal (try to pry one of them loose -- worth a shot); Eric Bledsoe; Ricky Rubio; Cameron Payne (bit of an unknown).

Since I selected new better seats today and supported my community they gave me a old garage sale like retro hat. Lol. Btw the event was chaotic
I upgraded my seats too, but since I dropped my upper level seats and reduced my overall spend - I did not get to spin for a bobblehead or hat or whatever. I was kinda bummed after waiting in that one hour checkout line, but oh well. I guess the are gonna get financially well one hat at a time.

gunks

Hall of Famer
does anybody realize we can sign millsap outright with all the expiring contracts this offseason? why would you give up anything substantial for him? that goes for a lot of the other teams in the L. why would you give anything good for a rental.
I wouldn't mind throwing a hunk of change at him.

He's older, so maybe try to get the contract heavily frontloaded, so we can ship him out easier if his production falls off.

Cuz/Milsap/Wall* would be a pretty good core

*I'm assuming of course that Cuz magically convinces Wall to sign here on a reasonable deal.

L

Lopes

I hate to say it but the fan events have gone down hill since the maloofs. They used to have BBQs and meet the player events. Honestly vivek is a bit of a fan friendly failure. I think he is stuck in his Silicon Valley business ways. Entertainment is not his forte

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind throwing a hunk of change at him.

He's older, so maybe try to get the contract heavily frontloaded, so we can ship him out easier if his production falls off.

Cuz/Milsap/Wall* would be a pretty good core

*I'm assuming of course that Cuz magically convinces Wall to sign here on a reasonable deal.
You read my mind although I think there may be other people to put into those two slots. I am not the type to know the contract situation of everyone in the league so I very well could be wrong.

Rockets are willing to move KJ Mcdaniels he's on a nothing contract basically and was quiet promising in Philly
Would love to get a young defensive minded wing like Mcdaniels or Justin Anderson for the future. I think Anderson is better but Mcdaniels could be pried away more easily. If they are not gettable another option is Justin Holiday, though he could be attainable in Free Agency as well.

Rockets are willing to move KJ Mcdaniels he's on a nothing contract basically and was quiet promising in Philly
I was a big fan of his when he was in Philly, but there's a big reason why he's not getting PT. He has absolutely horrible bball IQ. Wouldn't trade for him. We have a lot of wing depth as it stands.

I was a big fan of his when he was in Philly, but there's a big reason why he's not getting PT. He has absolutely horrible bball IQ. Wouldn't trade for him. We have a lot of wing depth as it stands.
Wing depth? We have Temple as the only wing, who can play both sides of the floor. McDaniels isn't the most skilled player and maybe he hasn't the best BBallIQ, but he is a great athlete and he defends. All we need from the wing is a rebounder, defender and ball mover, who can hit 3's at above 30% and knows how and when to cut to the basket. McDaniels is 23 years old and signed to a resonable deal until 2018. There isn't much risk involved in a trade.
I would love a McDaniels trade for the right price, but unfortunately Morey will expect something off value in return and the Kings don't have much to offer.

K

KingsFan80

I hate to say it but the fan events have gone down hill since the maloofs. They used to have BBQs and meet the player events. Honestly vivek is a bit of a fan friendly failure. I think he is stuck in his Silicon Valley business ways. Entertainment is not his forte
His way of being the fan friendly guy was by hiring a guy who was a fan favorite as a PLAYER, to be the GM

dude12

Hall of Famer
His way of being the fan friendly guy was by hiring a guy who was a fan favorite as a PLAYER, to be the GM
Your so far off on your criticism on Divac as a GM.... Did Vlade cut in front of you in a grocery line or something? He's far from the inept guy you make him out to be.

K

KingsFan80

Your so far off on your criticism on Divac as a GM.... Did Vlade cut in front of you in a grocery line or something? He's far from the inept guy you make him out to be.
My point is this was Vivek's way to win over the fan base. And what exactly has Vlade done to warrant saying that? Are we any better two years later?

Last edited by a moderator:

dude12

Hall of Famer
My point is this was Vivek's way to win over the fan base. And what exactly has Vlade done to warrant saying that? Are we any better two years later?
I think we are in a better place 2 years later....it's just not showing in the wins and losses yet, which I get is the bottom line for many people. We have acquired Joerger, Catanella...not exactly sexy acquisitions but important. We have some cap room next year...obviously we need to cash in on said cap room but its there. The FA signings of Temple and Tolliver were rock solid...solid is good. The other signings have buyouts or are shorterm. We acquired enough young guys in Papa, Skal, Richardson, Bogdanovich that we aren't hurting for future rotation pieces that are young. Are they contributing now? No. They obviously need to deliver at some point. And despite you banging the drum for M Chriss, there is a legit question of which rookies/young guys will be better in the future out of that group..... Ppa, Skal, Richardson, Bogdanovich or Chriss. It is a toss up how they will be ranked in 3 years.

K

KingsFan80

I think we are in a better place 2 years later....it's just not showing in the wins and losses yet, which I get is the bottom line for many people. We have acquired Joerger, Catanella...not exactly sexy acquisitions but important. We have some cap room next year...obviously we need to cash in on said cap room but its there. The FA signings of Temple and Tolliver were rock solid...solid is good. The other signings have buyouts or are shorterm. We acquired enough young guys in Papa, Skal, Richardson, Bogdanovich that we aren't hurting for future rotation pieces that are young. Are they contributing now? No. They obviously need to deliver at some point. And despite you banging the drum for M Chriss, there is a legit question of which rookies/young guys will be better in the future out of that group..... Ppa, Skal, Richardson, Bogdanovich or Chriss. It is a toss up how they will be ranked in 3 years.
If the Suns are good in three years and Chriss is a rock star and we have a bunch of scrubs, should Vlade get fired? BTW, Chriss just scored 18 points and 6 rbs against that Miami Heat team that beat us at home while our rookies are screwing around in Reno. Stuff like that is what makes it tough to be a Kings Fan

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely get what Lopes is saying about Maloofs v Vivek. Maloofs used to walk the concourse, hang out in the Skyline, give free courtside tix and concert tix to STH, host fan events. Hospitality stuff that is seemingly lost on Vivek's regime. Vivek's group hosts snooty wine tastings for suite/courtside crowd and that's about it.

I know of at least two superfans on twitter who have cancelled season tix that are complete shockers. This regime crapped on them in different ways - they threw fans in the garbage as if they were disposable. I'm talking about fans you would have to push out the door with both hands to get them to leave - and the Kings managed. These are people I follow on twitter and cannot believe they have gone sour on the Kings but they have - and it is not over W/L record. I know others too who are not social media guys but the same deal - they feel disregarded by this regime and they don't buy tickets anymore.

You can't fake customer service. This regime is clueless in this regard. You just look at the antics of Leslie Moore as Vivek's former "PR expert" (blocking fans, openly mocking Igoudala, etc) to see his real attitude - his disdain for everyone around him shows loud and clear. His staff reflects it too. Very very cocky and unaccommodating.

Maloofs had it all over Vivek in customer service and it is not even close. Maloofs weren't perfect - firing Adelman was atrocious and they were unlucky in real estate so they had to sell the team, but they were far superior hosts overall - money was much better spent on their experience for most of their time in the saddle.

Example - I'll never forget when they had men in tights perform along with the Royal Court Dancers. Crowd booed lustily. Postgame radio Joe was asked about it and said with a chuckle "yeah the fans didn't like it". And they stopped it.

Vivek's regime would say "boos? what boos? I didn't hear any boos. if they don't like it they can cancel their tickets next year".

He's the Marie Antoinette of the NBA: "Vivek, the people have no cupholders". "Cupholders?? Let them drink Crystal"

I wish Mastrov could have been chairman - I feel sure we would have a warmer culture and a more enthused fan base.

Wing depth? We have Temple as the only wing, who can play both sides of the floor. McDaniels isn't the most skilled player and maybe he hasn't the best BBallIQ, but he is a great athlete and he defends. All we need from the wing is a rebounder, defender and ball mover, who can hit 3's at above 30% and knows how and when to cut to the basket. McDaniels is 23 years old and signed to a resonable deal until 2018. There isn't much risk involved in a trade.
I would love a McDaniels trade for the right price, but unfortunately Morey will expect something off value in return and the Kings don't have much to offer.
Play on both ends? McDaniels is a poor 3pt shooter, and offers nothing on that end. He's also not a rebounder...nor ball mover. I was a really big fan of KJ at Clemson and with Philly, but a big reason why he's not getting minutes is because he's not good. 2nd year player Sam Dekker is getting his minutes. McDaniels is an extremely low bball IQ player. I just don't see how he fits into our team.

He'd be a much younger version of Matt Barnes who can't pass, shoot, or rebound. I don't think that's worth trading for. And as it does stand, we have too much wingdepth as it already is: Gay, Barnes, Temple, Casspi, Afflalo, McLemore, and Richardson.

K

KingsFan80

I completely get what Lopes is saying about Maloofs v Vivek. Maloofs used to walk the concourse, hang out in the Skyline, give free courtside tix and concert tix to STH, host fan events. Hospitality stuff that is seemingly lost on Vivek's regime. Vivek's group hosts snooty wine tastings for suite/courtside crowd and that's about it.

I know of at least two superfans on twitter who have cancelled season tix that are complete shockers. This regime crapped on them in different ways - they threw fans in the garbage as if they were disposable. I'm talking about fans you would have to push out the door with both hands to get them to leave - and the Kings managed. These are people I follow on twitter and cannot believe they have gone sour on the Kings but they have - and it is not over W/L record. I know others too who are not social media guys but the same deal - they feel disregarded by this regime and they don't buy tickets anymore.

You can't fake customer service. This regime is clueless in this regard. You just look at the antics of Leslie Moore as Vivek's former "PR expert" (blocking fans, openly mocking Igoudala, etc) to see his real attitude - his disdain for everyone around him shows loud and clear. His staff reflects it too. Very very cocky and unaccommodating.

Maloofs had it all over Vivek in customer service and it is not even close. Maloofs weren't perfect - firing Adelman was atrocious and they were unlucky in real estate so they had to sell the team, but they were far superior hosts overall - money was much better spent on their experience for most of their time in the saddle.

Example - I'll never forget when they had men in tights perform along with the Royal Court Dancers. Crowd booed lustily. Postgame radio Joe was asked about it and said with a chuckle "yeah the fans didn't like it". And they stopped it.

Vivek's regime would say "boos? what boos? I didn't hear any boos. if they don't like it they can cancel their tickets next year".

He's the Marie Antoinette of the NBA: "Vivek, the people have no cupholders". "Cupholders?? Let them drink Crystal"

I wish Mastrov could have been chairman - I feel sure we would have a warmer culture and a more enthused fan base.
Yeah, a lot of people don't like Vivek or the way he has handled certain situations. Apparently, a lot of people were lied to in the lofts and club level too. They were over promised. He has no communication skills at all with STH and rarely will even talk to anyone.