2017 ASG

No way. Unless Sacramento gets another chance to host it within 5 years, there's no reason to waste an opportunity like this for the city if the NBA decides we won't get to host another one anytime soon.

Doesn't make sense because the city hasn't had time to plan for it yet. It's a lot of economics involved in these hosts. I don't want to say San Francisco bombed with their superbowl...but they kind of did. Attendance numbers were pretty underwhelming for their superbowl city thing because....Levis Stadium is in Santa Clara. Point is, these things really have to be thought through.

Things like this need to be planned out. I don't want to say any bad stuff about the Golden 1 Center, but the opening event is in 3months. The arena isn't even done yet. Maybe they're right on track, but it's just not enough time for the city to plan for an event like that.

I posted some info a few months back when I got a chance to tour the arena. It was during a premium STH presentation afterwords where they showed a slide show confirming up coming events including an ASG. They said it is all but official but probably closer to 3 years out. I see no better place than Sacramento for next season. This city deserves it!

You cant even BEGIN to think about hosting this year due to the fact the Kimpton Hotel next door and DoCo won't be fully developed by February, which is key to the whole package...plus you need more than 8 months to line up the additional hotels in Tahoe/Napa whatever they decide to do. The worst thing we can do is rush in an event the site isn't ready for...like the Sochi Olympics.